Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38

Author Topic: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT  (Read 52598 times)

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT
« Reply #525 on: May 07, 2015, 01:43:28 am »

With a controller, the movement feels a lot better. When you hold a gun in the game and turn, it goes similar to fps's. It's just that running/walking and turning has a bit of a bend to it :P

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 07, 2015, 05:55:17 pm »

Saying that it controls like a console FPS is hardly high praise :P
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 07, 2015, 06:09:21 pm »

With a controller, the movement feels a lot better. When you hold a gun in the game and turn, it goes similar to fps's. It's just that running/walking and turning has a bit of a bend to it :P
Sooooo you waited all this time to get GTA on PC to play with a controller O.O. Does not compute over here.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 07, 2015, 06:13:27 pm »

Not everyone has a console, though you are crippling yourself if you aren't using the mouse to aim.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 07, 2015, 06:48:59 pm »

I'm better at sniping and repeatedly landing headshots in any 360 Halo than in any PC FPS I have played with m+k, and I don't play Halo very often.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 07, 2015, 06:53:43 pm »

I'm better at sniping and repeatedly landing headshots in any 360 Halo than in any PC FPS I have played with m+k, and I don't play Halo very often.
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Auto-Aim
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 07, 2015, 08:20:26 pm »

Aha, and now I know how to be even better.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 09, 2015, 04:11:04 pm »

I rather use a computer over console for most tasks. While I like to use the keyboard for most operations, a controller works better with 1st and third person shooters. I can work well with a keyboard with games like Minecraft, Terraria, and Space Engineers but not with GTA 4 or 5.

Also is there a bay12 group?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 04:14:00 pm by SquatchHammer »
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 09, 2015, 07:26:59 pm »

a controller works better with 1st and third person shooters
Prepare for the storm.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 09, 2015, 07:44:21 pm »

Prepare for the storm.
*Grabs popcorn while shouting, NOPE.avi, nothing beats speed and precision coming from mouse!*
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 09, 2015, 08:26:22 pm »

I'd like to know that as well.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 09, 2015, 08:54:32 pm »

Prepare for the storm.
*Grabs popcorn while shouting, NOPE.avi, nothing beats speed and precision coming from mouse!*
I rather use a computer over console for most tasks. While I like to use the keyboard for most operations, a controller works better with 1st and third person shooters. I can work well with a keyboard with games like Minecraft, Terraria, and Space Engineers but not with GTA 4 or 5.

Prepare for the storm.

Just to requote myself to show I PREFER THE CONTROLLER WHEN I PLAY FPS OR THIRD PERSON SHOOTERS!! I find I have a better line of control than using the keyboard and mouse. Now in GTA 3 on the computer I do better because it feels like it was set up better for those controls.

Also, if there is not a bay 12 group, we'll need one set up and I dont know who is willing to do so or if there's a level limit.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 09, 2015, 09:34:01 pm »

While I like to use the keyboard for most operations, a controller works better with 1st and third person shooters.

I dare you to try playing Max Payne 3 with a controller with the aim on fully manual with no aim assist. I got to the bleachers, but no farther - And this is a game with bullet time. Since I was playing on 360, M+K wasn't an option, so after numerous failed attempts to get through that scene, I eventually gave up and started over on the standard assisted aim mode, and completed the game with that (but never did the higher difficulty levels since they were locked to manual aim with no aim assist, i.e. "you'd better be on a PC").

Max Payne 2, on the other hand, I played on PC with mouse and keyboard, and I beat that on Normal, and then Hard Boiled, and then finally Dead on Arrival, and I remember it being significantly easier than playing any of the Halo games on legendary on 360 (which is mostly an exercise in determination), even though Dead On Arrival gives you limited saves per level.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 09:35:55 pm by Shadowlord »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 09, 2015, 09:56:00 pm »

There's this though I don't know how active it is.
analog sticks vs. mouse lol
Are we really going to get into this? Various people have been over this time and time again...

I will note, however, that you can't play with people using KB&M if you use auto aim, as far as I know.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 09, 2015, 10:04:57 pm »

I, for one, welcome our new

overlords.

(I'm sure there was a M&K vs gamepad thread once upon a time, but thread necromancy isn't exactly smiled upon either :P)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 10:07:58 pm by Shadowlord »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38