Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38

Author Topic: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT  (Read 52601 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT
« Reply #495 on: April 29, 2015, 11:03:36 pm »

Heists themselves probably add up to 10 hours with a bare minimum of retries (EG you're always playing with friends, not public matchmaking people who screw up and quit). On top of that you kind of need to do some screwing around in order to level up enough to take on a lot of the heists anyway. Aside from that there's a good amount of open-ended stuff you can do with no goal other than money and XP.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 29, 2015, 11:20:27 pm »

Falling in first person is WEIRD.
Also I love the true iron sights when you zoom in while aiming.
Black lives matter.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 30, 2015, 03:41:20 pm »

Okay, I'm on the verge of actually buying this at full price despite my better judgement. I haven't played a GTA game since... I think either GTA 3 or GTA Vice City... as long as the multiplayer is good (aside from deathmatch type stuff which doesn't interest me).

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 30, 2015, 04:31:34 pm »

I would suggest finding a friend who has it and trying it out first.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 30, 2015, 04:41:11 pm »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 30, 2015, 04:53:07 pm »

Okay, I'm on the verge of actually buying this at full price despite my better judgement. I haven't played a GTA game since... I think either GTA 3 or GTA Vice City... as long as the multiplayer is good (aside from deathmatch type stuff which doesn't interest me).

There's heists which are co-op and very involved as described.  They take a bit of doing to get to, there's also some single-player heists in the story mode.

There's also races and some additional strange modes usually involving extreme asymmetry.  There's a mode where you chase guys on bikes (bike bikes, not motorcycles) with semi-trucks down a spillway, and there's a mode where you chase motorcycles with a fighter jet.  There's also a mode I've seen on youtube where there's a bunch of cars on top of a building and everyone starts on foot and has to find the biggest car they can and push everyone else off the building.
Shoes...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 30, 2015, 05:16:23 pm »

There's heists which are co-op and very involved as described.  They take a bit of doing to get to, there's also some single-player heists in the story mode.

There's also races and some additional strange modes usually involving extreme asymmetry.  There's a mode where you chase guys on bikes (bike bikes, not motorcycles) with semi-trucks down a spillway, and there's a mode where you chase motorcycles with a fighter jet.  There's also a mode I've seen on youtube where there's a bunch of cars on top of a building and everyone starts on foot and has to find the biggest car they can and push everyone else off the building.

Ha, like King of the Hill on steroids.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 30, 2015, 05:25:32 pm »

Alright. I was going to get the game eventually and since I got a paycheck today I figured I might as well get it now rather than later. 10 dollars isn't an extreme price difference in the grand scheme of things,a nd I want to get enjoyment out of it while people are still actively playing. Now to wait for the download at about 3.4mb/s (Even though I could've sworn my ISP was 10mb/s and Speedtest claims I should be getting about 13...)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 30, 2015, 05:27:41 pm »

mb/s usually refers to megabits per second which is more accurate than megabytes.
Shoes...

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 30, 2015, 05:44:17 pm »

13 = 8+4+1
>>3 = 1+1/2+1/8 = 1+5/8 MB/s

(Yes, I could have just opened a calculator and typed 13/8)

Are you sure that was the closest test server? Either that or the download speed you're reporting from steam isn't the actual download speed, it's the one they calculate from the decompressed data size.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 30, 2015, 05:57:01 pm »

I don't know if there's any way to get more info, but Steam's download thing simply says "3.6MB/S CURRENT". Speedtest says 0.9MB/s (and 1.5MB/s upload) then I run the same test and change it to megabits per second and it says 7.3Mbps (and 16Mbps upload)

Also who the heck uses fractions/unsimplified division?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 30, 2015, 06:21:47 pm »

Someone who doesn't want to do any non-ridiculously-simple math, of course.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 30, 2015, 06:32:46 pm »

I suppose I sohuld ask this now. Do I need to have any kind of account on rockstar's website to play online? I might as well go make that now while I wait.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 30, 2015, 06:47:57 pm »

The April 30 patch apparently fixed the grenade throwing bug that crashed the game from time to time. The game appears to run slightly quicker as well.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 30, 2015, 07:13:27 pm »

I suppose I sohuld ask this now. Do I need to have any kind of account on rockstar's website to play online? I might as well go make that now while I wait.
Yes you will need a R* social club account to play online.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38