Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38

Author Topic: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT  (Read 52604 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT
« Reply #480 on: April 26, 2015, 01:32:59 pm »

I've found multiplayer kind of dull so far. I think it's mostly just because I'm playing with randoms. Playing with your buddies would probably be more interesting.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 26, 2015, 01:34:27 pm »

One is a mostly linear first person angst simulator with the barest shadow of a story as an excuse to accomplish random murder tasks. The other is an open world mission driven game based around third person gunplay and vehicle physics
Postal is third person m8. Like, the dual-stick kind.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 05:15:17 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 26, 2015, 02:16:51 pm »

I've found multiplayer kind of dull so far. I think it's mostly just because I'm playing with randoms. Playing with your buddies would probably be more interesting.

I have played with some friends and yes it helps a ton

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #483 on: April 26, 2015, 04:59:44 pm »

One is a mostly linear first person angst simulator with the barest shadow of a story as an excuse to accomplish random murder tasks. The other is an open world mission driven game based around third person gunplay and vehicle physics
Postal is third person m8.
Is it? I could have sworn I remember it being first person.

Regardless, it is not in any way the same as the GTA series.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 26, 2015, 05:45:44 pm »

It used to be first person. Then they made it third person in the third one afaik.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 26, 2015, 06:26:36 pm »

It used to be first person. Then they made it third person in the third one afaik.
Nope, Postal was isometric third person, Postal 2 was first person, Postal 3 was over-the-shoulder third person. I've only played the second one but a few seconds of googling reveals much.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 27, 2015, 03:35:39 am »

Is there a way to access first-person camera in the Director Mode? It seems to be disabled.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #487 on: April 27, 2015, 05:41:04 am »

Nope, Postal was isometric third person, Postal 2 was first person, Postal 3 was over-the-shoulder third person. I've only played the second one but a few seconds of googling reveals much.
ahh ok. I was remembering postal 2 then

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 27, 2015, 01:56:01 pm »

I've concluded that Franklin is actually the most evil character.  He seems like a nice guy caught in a bad situation and he comes in for his friends at the end which is a nice way to tie up his story arc, but what's he hiding?

When you switch to Trevor he's always doing bad stuff.  Michael's usually doing stuff you'd expect.  But Franklin?  Ironing a single shirt.  Eating one chip.  The equivalent of walking in on a guy looking at a blank desktop; you know you just caught him doing something fucked up.

Also, beware the spillway.  It seems like a great place to just tear shit up with nothing to get in the way until you hit the end and drive 75,000 dollars worth of souped up superbike into a lake.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:10:56 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 29, 2015, 04:41:25 pm »

So I have as some of you probably already noticed, joined this bandwagon (PC version).
And I have a question.. Two actually..
I have not tried out Online Mode yet, should I postpone doing any Online stuff until a certain point in the main storyline?
Also.. Is there a certain server which you tend to visit often? Do dedicated servers even exist?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 29, 2015, 05:40:54 pm »

So I have as some of you probably already noticed, joined this bandwagon (PC version).
And I have a question.. Two actually..
I have not tried out Online Mode yet, should I postpone doing any Online stuff until a certain point in the main storyline?
Also.. Is there a certain server which you tend to visit often? Do dedicated servers even exist?
Online doesn't interact with single player, so no need to beat single player first. When you play in the open world, you're put in a random "session" of up to 16 (I think) players. You can also join a friend's session or run a private session. Then, all of the "jobs" (races, deathmatches, missions, heists, etc) are instanced, some races support up to 30 people. Anyway, you can be in various sessions, but they're all on Rockstar's servers, I think. Unless they're peer to peer.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 29, 2015, 06:29:56 pm »

You'll probably want to be doing jobs most of hte time unless you're fucking around with friends in open world.  Open world doesn't balance or anything so sometimes you'll have a guy flying down the highway in some kind of armored truck with explosive plates like the dude in metal gear rising, blowing up every car he sees by crashing into it.

Or dudes with tricked out assault rifles murdering you, etc.  It's not as good as GTA 4's open world.  Jobs are balanced though, mostly you'll be with people you're level and they're set up more like old school shooters where everyone starts with default guns and the rest of the guns are scattered around the map.
Shoes...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 29, 2015, 06:58:14 pm »

I just wanna say that I'll be sad when everybody is super high levels etc. by the time this game gets a sale (when I'll likely pick it up).
About how much stuff do you guys think there is to do in multiplayer other than deathmatch and screwing around? Or, how many hours of content do you say it'll provide?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 29, 2015, 07:13:11 pm »

Somewhere between 2 minutes and a hundred thirty three years.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 29, 2015, 10:29:58 pm »

My friend said MP heists are ridiculous. They're not like 10 minute mission things, they can multiple hours as you steal a getaway car, case the target, etc...you play out each stage of it. They sound pretty in depth.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38