Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38

Author Topic: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT  (Read 52589 times)

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
Re: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT
« Reply #375 on: April 07, 2015, 06:53:34 pm »

I wait for anything that comes from a big dev these days. I cant stand the bugs in games that kill playability, ESPECIALLY Bethesda.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 07, 2015, 07:10:51 pm »

Meh, that's excessively big these days, it's barley twice as big as most other AAA releases in the past 2 years.  Today's 30 gigs is yesterdays 3 gigs.  I have two single terabyte drives in my computer and if I wanted to update to four total terabytes it would cost less now than my older drives cost back then.

I don't think 30 is the new 3, we're not quite there yet. But it's a damn big game with high res textures, and a buttload of audio.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 08, 2015, 04:30:49 am »

Meh, that's excessively big these days, it's barley twice as big as most other AAA releases in the past 2 years.  Today's 30 gigs is yesterdays 3 gigs.  I have two single terabyte drives in my computer and if I wanted to update to four total terabytes it would cost less now than my older drives cost back then.

I don't think 30 is the new 3, we're not quite there yet. But it's a damn big game with high res textures, and a buttload of audio.
May i remind that diablo 2 was the first game being more than 2 gig and is the one wwich paved the way to *bigguer* game install size, now we have GTA 5 paving the way and soon enough Star citizen with a whooping 100gig + bitchslaping GTA 5 install size in 2016

http://gamerant.com/star-citizen-client-download-100-gb/
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 12, 2015, 02:10:29 pm »

Well, we're about 24 hours from the PC launch of GTA V, so I think we should try to revive the Crew. Link is here, and if anyone that still has permissions is going to play on PC that would be great, and if not, if they could propagate permissions to people who do that would also work.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/bay_12

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 12, 2015, 02:22:06 pm »

May i remind that diablo 2 was the first game being more than 2 gig and is the one wwich paved the way to *bigguer* game install size, now we have GTA 5 paving the way and soon enough Star citizen with a whooping 100gig + bitchslaping GTA 5 install size in 2016

http://gamerant.com/star-citizen-client-download-100-gb/

Diablo 2 wasn't even close to 2 gigs at release, and had variable HD space requirements based on SP, MP and whether you put the movie files on your HDD or let them run off the disk, IIRC.

I don't fault games for the space they need. I just find it interesting where/when/who/how the new water mark gets sets. That SC will be 100 gigs doesn't even surprise me. When you have that kind of fidelity and literally no constraints beyond what your average gamer's rig will be, you end up with those kinds of numbers. I wonder what AAA publishers think of Star Citizen, or what their take away is.

Anyways, GTA5 soon. Woo! I guess if it turns out to be a smooth launch I'll get it sooner than planned. I tend to enjoy GTA single player.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 12, 2015, 06:06:22 pm »

Well after watching star citizen and the monstruosity spitted left and right by so called triple A studio, star citizen place a new mark in gaming, now called SSS because. We all know S ranking is higher and A!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 12, 2015, 07:40:10 pm »

I am finding it difficult to justify spending ~$60 on a ~2 year old game when Killing Floor 2 is around the corner for half the price.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 12, 2015, 07:45:26 pm »

I am finding it difficult to justify spending ~$60 on a ~2 year old game when Killing Floor 2 is around the corner for half the price.

If you would prefer a game like Killing Floor 2 right now, buy Killing Floor 2. If you have a high end PC and want to push it to the limit (4k or 1440p gaming) buy GTA 5. If you aren't into GTA as much as Killing Floor it's not a problem - you can pick up GTA 5 in the future when prices go down, it's not going anywhere.

I preordered GTA 5 on PC because I have a PC I want to push to the limit and because I really enjoy the game.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 12, 2015, 08:17:37 pm »

Well, apparently I'm Crew Leader now so, anyway I'm thinking we should try to organize some heists later, probably not the first few days as the servers will be hammered, but sometime over the weekend. Before that we could just try to do some regular missions together.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 13, 2015, 06:56:46 am »

I was a poor leader, you should do much better than I was haha.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 13, 2015, 08:55:03 am »

...  GTA V is over 2 years old now.  Apparently I'm still in the crew.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 13, 2015, 10:38:00 am »

Oooo... 8hrs away according to Steam...
I thought I was gonna have to wait longer cause last heard it was the 14th of April that it was releasing on PC so yeah, close to the 15th here in Australia. Bonus points!!! WOO. Hears hoping this still stays true and I get to play it today and not tomorrow before work (I have today off ^_^)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 13, 2015, 10:53:20 am »

it's releasing 1200 BST on the 14th, from what I heard, so 7pm eastern on the 13th, which is today, which is tonight, which is awesome.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 13, 2015, 11:00:41 am »

Start that download and it should be done within 24 hours.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 13, 2015, 11:31:05 am »

Already pre-loaded
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38