Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38

Author Topic: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT  (Read 52714 times)

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
Re: So, erm, GTA5 is OUT
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2013, 01:31:15 pm »

So for the online portion which launches Oct 1st, are we going to do a Bay 12 Crew? I'd be willing to set up the PS3 branch of Bay12 if enough people are interested.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2013, 01:41:19 pm »

I'd be interested. I'm on the ps3.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2013, 01:44:42 pm »

I love this game.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2013, 01:50:51 pm »

And I'll probably play it... 1 or 2 years later :D

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2013, 02:01:15 pm »

Threw together a crew for us. If we decide we don't like the name or motto or anything we can always delete it and restart it, but I just wanted to get it organized as soon as possible.

I set it up here, but I can't actually see if you can join it since the site is jammed with traffic. Also it might be cross platform, although obviously if it is you still will only be playing with members from your platform.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2013, 02:28:56 pm »

Yeah, social club crews are cross-platform, but stats and rankings are divided by platform.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2013, 03:22:10 pm »

I'm sorry to ask again but how do I log into the social club from my main menu? Does anyone know?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2013, 03:50:35 pm »

I'm sorry to ask again but how do I log into the social club from my main menu? Does anyone know?

I'm not sure, I just do it by opening up one of the options that need you to be logged in, then logging in when prompted...

I sent a request for the Crew.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 03:52:14 pm by timferius »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2013, 04:01:30 pm »

Threw together a crew for us. If we decide we don't like the name or motto or anything we can always delete it and restart it, but I just wanted to get it organized as soon as possible.

I set it up here, but I can't actually see if you can join it since the site is jammed with traffic. Also it might be cross platform, although obviously if it is you still will only be playing with members from your platform.
Damn it, if the majority of us are playing the console versions, I'll have to play my currently non-existing PC version alone!  :(

I've read numerous topics about GTA V on Gtaforums.com, and I've want to ask several questions to people who have the game:

1. Is it true that the police can detect your location even without having line-of-sight on you? From what I've heard, they can detect where you are even if you have stealthily entered the subway tunnel and are hiding there - the cops will arrive at the street above you and hang out there, following you if you move underground.
2. Is it true that the police can warp to your location no matter where you are? From what I've heard, some players have got a wanted level from killing a hiker or two up in the mountains (even though there were no witnesses) and were attacked by police less than a minute after that. They have also complained about policemen instantly responding to crimes committed by them in the shady parts of Los Santos without any witnesses, though it might be explained by people far away hearing it and calling the cops. 
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2013, 04:44:04 pm »

1. I believe that the line of sight cone on the mini-map is more of an indication. I have lost cops several times while I was in the cone on the map hiding in an alley.

2. Never had weird stuff like that happen.

I just completed my first heist and I have about 5 hours into the game. I decided to take some more time and slow down because I want this game to last as long as possible. Definitely my best buy this year.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2013, 05:41:23 pm »

I'm not sure, I just do it by opening up one of the options that need you to be logged in then logging in when prompted...

What options would you recommend trying? I haven't been able to find the right one in the pause menu.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2013, 06:01:51 pm »

I'm not sure, I just do it by opening up one of the options that need you to be logged in then logging in when prompted...

What options would you recommend trying? I haven't been able to find the right one in the pause menu.

The snapomatic or whatever the picture taking one is prompts you to log in.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 23, 2013, 06:56:31 am »

http://youtu.be/ci1tQUB2DUU

Wild animals in GTA V are very smart, they can call the police if you kill anyone near them.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2013, 08:06:38 am »

Oh god no! It's the Horses of Oblivion all over again!
Love, scriver~

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2013, 08:48:28 am »

Man, I played a good 10 hours of this over the weekend, and had far more fun than I deserved. I particularly enjoyed "Dive bombing", which is jumping and then punching while in the air. The amount of damage that can be had simply by doing this is fantastical. Also, I seem to have a problem with spawning at the hospitals. It seems that no matter how matter how many people are around, I simply must punch a few at the very least. The punches in this game are simply so damned satisfying, I can't help myself. On a more serious note, it seems to me that the only characters I enjoy seeing or interacting with is the main ones. Every single NPC is so terribly annoying, I want to murder them so very much.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38