Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Help me get Loincloth fit in ten months (serious)  (Read 9823 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Help me get Loincloth fit in ten months (serious)
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2013, 03:04:02 pm »

Just posting to kep an eye on this. I'm planning to do a little self improvement of my own.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2013, 03:14:31 pm »

I have given some recommendations to the OP for diet books and gymless exercise manuals. Lots of people broscience-bombing my comments, but not having jack or shit to say about the books recommended. That's the meat of the matter. Dropping bb.com into this thread is very pointless for a guy explicitly saying that he doesn't have gym access. The first thing that they would tell him there is get gym access, because they prioritise swoleness. Gymless workouts won't get you that quite that far. OP doesn't have to take what I say with any salt at all, though. He can simply read the books, whose authors would be familiar names on your bb.com, but then my last visit was back when Aziz still gave that place some class and aesthetics.

The link was for your knowledge. [Which, if you did know of it, you'd be aware of the amount of home-workouts and health/nutrition advice for people trying a large range of self improvement] But, continue on with your ranting. 'Drink all that Diet Dr pepper up!' coming to GNC bookshelves near you.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 03:16:47 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2013, 03:44:00 pm »

I'd suggest you:

-Drink a lot of water
-Eat a lot of fresh vegetables
-Do a lot of walking

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2013, 04:09:10 pm »

I have given some recommendations to the OP for diet books and gymless exercise manuals. Lots of people broscience-bombing my comments, but not having jack or shit to say about the books recommended.

If Wikipedia and common sense is considered broscience, then I'm on board with being a Broscience Champion. It's a lot better than anecdotal evidence, "I know a lot of guys", and a bunch of random exercise books we've never heard of that you may or may not be referencing correctly.

Mict provided a free website with free exercise guides. I don't really see the problem there, besides you being ceaselessly contrary and filled with a desire to insult others.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2013, 04:39:21 pm »

To provide bodybuilding.com is like providing Google homepage in terms of helpful first stops. It's not an accomplishment to type "bodybuilding' into a search and to paste the first link. I gave "random" exercise books that are known to people who actually lift. Do you even, bro?

On BB.com, most of those guys over there know Pavel, Lyle and Ross Enamait. The fact that you treat these authors as "random" when they've been respected voices in internet lifting circles for at least a decade each shows that you really need to step away from Wikipedia as the end-all and be-all of your information gathering. I've been on BB.com in the Misc crew and on 4chan /fit/ since both were set up.
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2013, 05:17:11 pm »

Read the sticky, and remember: Squats and Oats. Unleash the T-Rex.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2013, 06:05:03 pm »

Do you even, bro?
4chan

...I think that's all we need to know. Thanks.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2013, 06:06:24 pm »

Otherwise I suggest dipping your toes into http://www.bodybuilding.com/

Obviously a little more weight training heavy than I can do right now, but some of its words on fat burning seem sound.

Read the sticky, and remember: Squats and Oats. Unleash the T-Rex.

Now I have an image of myself with giant muscly thighs and arms that can't be used to get mail, thanks. :P Anyway, oats advice has already been taken, and deep squats are already part of my stretches.

On other matters... Fall semester starts back up on the 19th, and, starting then, I'll have access to my college's gym. The two weeks between now and then are going to be reserved for two things. 1, getting my dietary changes straight. I want to be used to whatever I'm eating before I radically change my exercise schedule. 2, reminding my muscles that I use them for something other than walking to work.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2013, 04:56:40 pm »

Well, Here I am posting so I can get thin.

Expect nothing from me, except that high-fructose corn syrup supposedly makes you make fat faster.
and deprosess that bread. brown things are normally better for you than there white counterparts.

and yes, I do realize that sounds odd.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Obsi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2013, 05:56:12 pm »

You could buy an exercise ball chair and make that 10 hours of sitting into some midbody work.

Looking ridiculous is sometimes a price you pay.  You could also buy some new shoes and exercise clothes.  Running shoes only tend to last 6 months or 600 miles.  Having some fancy new clothes makes you want to get out and use them or it will feel like wasted money.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2013, 05:51:04 am »

HIIT( high intensity interval training) with a calorie deficit. That's probably one of the best ways to lose fat without losing such a high percentage of muscle. Do this: 15 minutes jogging warm up, 5x 1 minute sprint(maximum effort) intervals with walking or jogging rests between(each resting period is 1 minute in length) and then finish it with 15 minutes of jogging to cool down.

If you're doing that right then you want to die by the end of the 3rd interval, but keep going till you finish the fifth.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2013, 11:49:32 pm »

Jump squats. I swear by them. Forget jumping jacks, just do jump squats. I do them while I play XCOM on my xbox and keeping the controller away from my knees helps me keep my butt down.

Okay maybe I don't actually do that. :P But seriously jump squats are fantastic, and super easy. At first only do a few until you get your technique down (butt out, chest and head up, arms extended in front of you, hands clasped if you like; pretend like you're a lineman, or a wrestler, and look at their stances for cues), then go for 20-30 in the mornings and 60 in the evening. It will beat the shit out of you and you'll hate it but you'll be looking thinner in no time.

For a challenge, spin 180 when you jump and then land back into your stance. The important part is NOT TO STOP. Push yourself and burn through those reps, even if you're doing them wrong, or not very well! All you need to lose weight is the drive, and the will! You need to want it! This is what I tell my babies (the newbie wrestlers who I mentor), and I beat it into their heads every single day!

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2013, 12:45:30 pm »

1. Eat less. I can't stress that. On my 8 months stint in goa I lost 15kg just by eating alot less than usual. Warm climate helped alot. And I did zero excercising outside of rare, casual swimming.
2. Kill sugars and most carbs (this includes alcohol), especially grain. And I am not going to explain why.
3. Anaerobic kills cardio in weight loss. I am not going to explain that, people write books about that, but nobody in their right mind use running for weight loss, it's for your cardio health, not for shredding some kg's. Weight lifting and/or crossfit-a-like is much better. And this all requires like 45 mins 2-3 times a week at most (big w/l trio: deadlift/squat/bench; crossfit is more demanding though, because it's a mix)

Do it in that order and you are set.
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2013, 07:35:19 pm »

1. Eat less. I can't stress that. On my 8 months stint in goa I lost 15kg just by eating alot less than usual. Warm climate helped alot. And I did zero excercising outside of rare, casual swimming.
2. Kill sugars and most carbs (this includes alcohol), especially grain. And I am not going to explain why.
3. Anaerobic kills cardio in weight loss. I am not going to explain that, people write books about that, but nobody in their right mind use running for weight loss, it's for your cardio health, not for shredding some kg's. Weight lifting and/or crossfit-a-like is much better. And this all requires like 45 mins 2-3 times a week at most (big w/l trio: deadlift/squat/bench; crossfit is more demanding though, because it's a mix)
1. Don't eat less so much as eat better. Unless you were overeating of course.
The rest is good stuff. I like crossfit but you've gotta be tough to get anything out of it, and a lot of beginners get lazy.

Goacbc

• Bay Watcher
  • Vote or Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2013, 10:33:26 pm »

Hey there Draignean,

what I'm about to say sounds mean as shit, but trust me, Im int he USMC DEP and ship out within the next few months to go to Basic.

So you are about 300 lbs and 6'6? Something like that right?

And you want to look good, like the ole Arnold the Barbarian?

Well man the fuck up and get up off your motherfucking ass and start running.

Your diet plan should be simple,

1) Spinach - natures version of steroids, (Think Popeye) -ITs an appetite surpressant.
2) Canned Tuna/White Albacore/Chicken - pure lean protein hardly any carbs.
3) Whole wheat bread
4) About 1-2.5 gallons of water a day
5) 2-3 Apples/Oranges/Bananas a day - Mix it up or stick with only one.
6) SHIT TON OF COFFEE - Its a natural diuretic and appetite suppressant

Also, run run run run run!!! Cant stress running enough!!!!

You need to run at least 4-8 Miles a day. EVERY DAY, take one day of the weak as an off day.

Its going to be tough and devasting on your body starting out, but always ask your self, "Am I a fat weak bitch, or a strong thin lean mean motherfucking killing machine that is gonna look like the most bangable man in the world when wearing a loin cloth?

Oh, and, don't quit and don't be a bitch, and you'll be sexy fine.

Dont lift weights btw, weights are for packing on muscle and building mass...

-USMC SEMPER FI OR DIE MOTHERFUCKERS
-Fuck Weak Motherfuckers
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7