Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Bay12 Games Night!  (Read 14390 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Bay12 Games Night!
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2013, 09:13:09 pm »

I honestly like realm of the mad god, but you definitely have to get into the mindset of "I have an hour to kill and nothing to do, let's just kill dudes". When you get maxed out the inner area of the map is actually fairly hard, but before that it's basically a grind for gear and levels.

If you were playing it on steam I think it has pretty serious input lag too. THe browser version has no issues with this.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2013, 02:46:21 am »

Realm of the Mad God looks fun for solo play; less so for group play. But nevermind that.

Had a problem finding games that everyone could play. Terraria works, but I was hoping for some variety.

TF2 is still a strong candidate, as *most* people can/will play it. I'll make a proper event for next week, so make sure to download it in advance (11GB) if you're interested.

I also had a blast with Terraria again. I'll try to run the server at other hours, and will post here if it's on. Cheers guys :D
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2013, 06:19:10 am »

There's a steam group?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2013, 10:15:51 am »

There's a steam group?

Sure is! Updated OP
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2013, 09:19:28 pm »

So, just a small idea. Even if it's not Sunday, if you're looking to play a game you could maybe hop in the steam group chat? That way, anyone else who's also looking to play a game with someone could say, "Oh hey, there's someone in the chat," then enter the chat and they could try to put something together.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2013, 07:22:11 pm »

Anything happening tomorrow?
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2013, 09:42:12 pm »

Ohhhh, people to play with that seem more reliable than my IRL friends. Count me in, somewhat unreliably.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2013, 07:30:53 pm »

Games tentatively happening today! TF2 seems to be a-go, get ready! You have half an hour!

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2013, 07:34:31 pm »

For TF2, I'm thinking of MvM, for good ol' co-op action.

I will also run our Terraria server, for those not interested in TF2. Please log into the Steam chat, or message me here, and I'll give you the IP/password.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2013, 10:46:08 pm »

Ah, I meant to ask earlier, is Mann vs Mann just co-op vs bots or horde mode or what? (I have a grand total of 7 hours on TF2 and it's not even installed now, I was just curious.)

Also, since I don't want to be a perpetual no-show with no explanation... I've been in kind of a gaming funk and have been trying to spend the time I usually game doing more creative stuff instead. I'd like to keep tabs on what everyone's playing anyway, though, if that's cool by you guys.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2013, 11:24:30 pm »

Desert half flattened, glowshroom farm started up! Many deaths were had. Poor CD got melted, repeatedly. Was a nice few hours, ah ha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 10, 2013, 12:08:34 pm »

Sorry for the off weekend. In the mean time, I have been contemplating how to proceed with the Games Night. I don't think a variable schedule is a good idea, and my current thinking is just to have a few events thoughout the week, as per interest. For example:

Sunday - will remain Terraria. We have a fun thing going on.
Monday - Team Fortress 2 MvM / ARMA
Tuesday - Left4Dead 2 (example, just something I'd like to play)

Something like this. I have less time nowadays, as I'm starting the efforts to play DOTA2 more seriously. Maybe one day you'll see me in a tourney... but I still want to run Games Nights. Expect this to be a more regular event going forward.

I will talk to a friend of mine about more stable hosting for Terraria. I can host it on my PC just fine, but I'm not comfortable posting my IP in here as it's public-viewable. The Steam group is public as well.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on the scheduling and games.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 10, 2013, 04:00:30 pm »

Sorry for the off weekend. In the mean time, I have been contemplating how to proceed with the Games Night. I don't think a variable schedule is a good idea, and my current thinking is just to have a few events thoughout the week, as per interest. For example:

Sunday - will remain Terraria. We have a fun thing going on.
Monday - Team Fortress 2 MvM / ARMA
Tuesday - Left4Dead 2 (example, just something I'd like to play)

Something like this. I have less time nowadays, as I'm starting the efforts to play DOTA2 more seriously. Maybe one day you'll see me in a tourney... but I still want to run Games Nights. Expect this to be a more regular event going forward.

I will talk to a friend of mine about more stable hosting for Terraria. I can host it on my PC just fine, but I'm not comfortable posting my IP in here as it's public-viewable. The Steam group is public as well.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on the scheduling and games.

I think I'd like it if Terraria was saturday or friday, cuz I got school. I really want to join the server but can't play sunday nights.

Ya know, I can easily run Terraria on Saturday and Sunday almost every week. I'll post here when it goes up.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 10, 2013, 04:02:06 pm »

I am waiting for 1.2 before I try out terraria again.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2013, 03:09:18 pm »

Hey all! Terraria will resume this weekend. Also, would people be interested in weekly or semi-weekly Warframe event? It's a F2P Left 4 Dead-like set in a sci-fi environment. You have combat suits, powers and weapons and waves of waves of baddies. I think of it as space samurai, and it's a lot of fun. I believe the teams are made up of 4 people each, and you level up/get stuff as you go.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10