Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 63

Author Topic: Only War: Warband OOC FULL  (Read 54116 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: Only War: Warband OOC 5/6
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2013, 08:06:45 am »

PTW. I accidentally got a HotE .pdf, and has a legit Rogue Trader book (me love books... I could recognize which 40k rulebook I was reading by smell...)
I have extensive lore knowledge, just a little bit of RPG experience and no time to play, sadly.

For those interested in paratroopers, I'll point toward the Forge World website, look up the elyseans.

On the topic of lasrifles=flashlights. On tabletop, I once saw a space marine squad withstanding 60 shots with only a single loss (we joked about how it was an epilepsy attack which killed him). To the defence of the guardsmen, it was death guards, infamous for refusing to die. (on average you need 72 laser shots to kill one, 18 for a standard marine, 4,5 for a guard (that's shot fired, before hits).
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2013, 08:31:11 am »

For those interested in paratroopers, I'll point toward the Forge World website, look up the elyseans.
Elysians are the pre-made Drop Troops Regiment in Only War (the 13th, to be precise), but we're purposefully not playing as a pre-existing regiment.

On the topic of lasrifles=flashlights. On tabletop, I once saw a space marine squad withstanding 60 shots with only a single loss (we joked about how it was an epilepsy attack which killed him). To the defence of the guardsmen, it was death guards, infamous for refusing to die. (on average you need 72 laser shots to kill one, 18 for a standard marine, 4,5 for a guard (that's shot fired, before hits).
Tabletop is not a good reference for stuff like that, considering how much needs to be rounded for a d6, simplified and balanced.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2013, 09:47:05 am »

Ah, I did not know that, but I'm intrigued by being Drop troopers of some sort.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2013, 09:56:21 am »

So am I, I'd much prefer drop troops. They always get dropped into the middle of the shit.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2013, 10:02:01 am »

An even higher PC turnover than normal, just what a 40K rpg needs.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2013, 10:07:18 am »

I advocate a choleric commander, and either a forge or fortress world as a home.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2013, 10:19:38 am »

So drop troops, forge world, Choleric. That works perfectly for me and Elf likes drop troopers and forge world as well. So it looks as if thats the preferred option.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2013, 10:29:20 am »

Also, looking at drawbacks, I suggest Honour Bound for extra points, and The Few, and perhaps Scarred By Loss for both extra points and to be interesting. This gives us a nice amount of points to spend on cool gear and training, and gives off the aesthetic of a small elite group of drop troops from a Forge World devastated by (Insert Enemy Here). Perhaps we might take the Lost Home World drawback as well.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2013, 10:31:06 am »

Hmmm I don't think I ever looked at drawbacks really I didn't really mind.

What page are they on? I guess since we're taking them I should check what they actually are.
I still don't mind what we take though.
Now it never would.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2013, 10:34:49 am »

Also, looking at drawbacks, I suggest Honour Bound for extra points, and The Few, and perhaps Scarred By Loss for both extra points and to be interesting. This gives us a nice amount of points to spend on cool gear and training, and gives off the aesthetic of a small elite group of drop troops from a Forge World devastated by (Insert Enemy Here). Perhaps we might take the Lost Home World drawback as well.
I am good with that, I honestly skimmed over the options mostly, but yeah, this sounds quite excellent.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2013, 10:37:10 am »

Once I get it buffered I need to look at the drawbacks then I can look at what equipment and training we can get.
Now it never would.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2013, 10:40:37 am »

They're in the expansion book. Essentially, Honor-Bound makes it so you have a hard time refusing a challenge or accepting a stain on your honor, as it were. The Few makes it harder for you to be granted reinforcements, because there aren't many in your regiment for one reason or another. Scarred By Loss gives you a bit of insanity and causes you to be stunned by trauma for a round if you really bomb a willpower check, because your regiment has seen grievous casualties. Lost Home World gives you insanity damage and has some interesting mechanics for reinforcements (Most of your reinforcements come from other regiments, because your people are a small collection of survivors.), as well as giving a free Hatred, because your homeworld was destroyed. All together, they give us sixteen extra points for regiment creation.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2013, 10:44:07 am »

Mmmm, scarred by loss I'd rather avoid but the rest all sound fine.

What equipment are you looking at? I want to upgrade armor to best quality at least to give us an edge, weapons as well would be even more useful but that uses 20 points.
Including all the drawbacks though that'd still level 26 points which ain't bad to be starting with top quality kit.
Now it never would.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2013, 10:44:51 am »

I lost my character sheet, So I'm lucky I posted my stats here! Does anyone have problems with a cautious guy in your midst?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2013, 10:45:04 am »

I might play. Could be missing for a while though.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 63