Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32

Author Topic: Gods and Mortals: Godhood/Pantheon Fusion (OOC) (No new applications for now)  (Read 38419 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals: Godhood/Pantheon Fusion (OOC/Applications)
« Reply #300 on: August 21, 2013, 05:12:08 am »

Done with actions. Kinda mundane, but meh.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 21, 2013, 05:13:03 am »

Pretty good, I think.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 21, 2013, 03:07:18 pm »

GreatWyrmGold, I know you are trying to promote peace, but I want the Ascendants to be challenged.  You are not making this easy.  Really, if I was really strict on roleplay, then I would be hounding you right now to do have better roleplaying, because in your personality description, you stated that Tanity:

Tantiy is a great being, uncaring of the world it creates. That world can live or die; Tantiy merely cares that one exists, and if it dies Tantiy will make a new one.

You don't have to create an idealistic society.  You can leave it so other people work on the problems.  Tanzeret (Micelus) looks like he can handle the situation on his own.  Why not let him?  Whatever the outcome, Tanzeret would have grown from facing the challenge, just as all life does when put up against adversity.  If you have ever seen the Futurama episode 'Godfellas', then you many remember this quote:

If you do too much, people become dependant.  If you do too little, people become angry.  It is better to use a light touch.  [...]  If you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all.

I envision the actions of Gods should prepare Ascendants for their time as Godhood, not coddling them and leaving them unprepared.  The Malevolence was acting in this manner, whether he knew it or not, but he screwed up in the execution.  I'm not saying all gods should act Malevolent, I am just saying that you should be working on making Ascendants better, and more mature for their time as gods.  Remember, they may eventually wind up as Overgod, and do you really want someone who has been basically sheltered, in that position.

Also, if everytime I create a challenge, it is defeated by a god, then in order to keep the game interesting, I will start getting very inventive, and I'm pretty sure you won't like that.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 21, 2013, 03:08:59 pm »

I'll do my best to shake things up, I'm sure.
Also, due to circumstances I won't wait as I normally would; I'll post tonight.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 21, 2013, 03:31:09 pm »

GreatWyrmGold, I know you are trying to promote peace, but I want the Ascendants to be challenged.  You are not making this easy.  Really, if I was really strict on roleplay, then I would be hounding you right now to do have better roleplaying, because in your personality description, you stated that Tanity:

Tantiy is a great being, uncaring of the world it creates. That world can live or die; Tantiy merely cares that one exists, and if it dies Tantiy will make a new one.

You don't have to create an idealistic society.  You can leave it so other people work on the problems.  Tanzeret (Micelus) looks like he can handle the situation on his own.  Why not let him?  Whatever the outcome, Tanzeret would have grown from facing the challenge, just as all life does when put up against adversity.  If you have ever seen the Futurama episode 'Godfellas', then you many remember this quote:

If you do too much, people become dependant.  If you do too little, people become angry.  It is better to use a light touch.  [...]  If you do things right, people won't be sure you have done anything at all.

I envision the actions of Gods should prepare Ascendants for their time as Godhood, not coddling them and leaving them unprepared.  The Malevolence was acting in this manner, whether he knew it or not, but he screwed up in the execution.  I'm not saying all gods should act Malevolent, I am just saying that you should be working on making Ascendants better, and more mature for their time as gods.  Remember, they may eventually wind up as Overgod, and do you really want someone who has been basically sheltered, in that position.
I have an excellent excuse for doing what I did: I completely forgot that bit of Tantiy's characterization!
It's been a busy week.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 21, 2013, 03:35:48 pm »

A quick question. May I sign up as the god of shipping, romance, the atmosphere and cargo freight?

...um, could you simplify it down to one?  I feel it will wind up being too much of a pain to use multiple spheres with the 'bound acts' mechanic.

I'll do my best to shake things up, I'm sure.
Also, due to circumstances I won't wait as I normally would; I'll post tonight.

I realize that.  In fact, if you had done more, then I would likely have put you up there as one of the gods who are doing things to prepare ascendants.

I have an excellent excuse for doing what I did: I completely forgot that bit of Tantiy's characterization!
It's been a busy week.

Still, my comment stands.  You don't have to solve everything, let them go up against the challenges themselves!  It will make them better in both the short and long run, if they survive.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 21, 2013, 05:41:36 pm »

Just clarifying but is my appearance more or less the same as I described despite being an ascendant?

Well, your history is now completely wrong, since you were just now made from a conglomeration of...let's say 21 standard merfolk, and 14 magfolk.  You likely would have wound up as a blue and green scaled...entity with the combined knowledge of the 35 merfolk.  It's form would probably be strange, considering this is the first time something like this would have been done, but if I had to guess, I would say a form that maintains all of the body parts of the merfolk, while maintaining a vaugly merfolk shape, just with too many {Insert blank body parts}, likely not within a standard humanoid body parts positions (ie. one of the heads could be linked to one of the elbows).

Or to put it simply a merfolk-shaped blue and green variant of Xantalos's avatar.

Random Fact:  Due to the following quote, I now read Tantiy's lines with PewDiePie's voice.

MutOrb, what is it that you are doing?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 05:51:16 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 21, 2013, 05:54:28 pm »

God of shipping then.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 21, 2013, 06:22:39 pm »

Just clarifying but is my appearance more or less the same as I described despite being an ascendant?
Well, your history is now completely wrong, since you were just now made from a conglomeration of...let's say 21 standard merfolk, and 14 magfolk.  You likely would have wound up as a blue and green scaled...entity with the combined knowledge of the 35 merfolk.  It's form would probably be strange, considering this is the first time something like this would have been done, but if I had to guess, I would say a form that maintains all of the body parts of the merfolk, while maintaining a vaugly merfolk shape, just with too many {Insert blank body parts}, likely not within a standard humanoid body parts positions (ie. one of the heads could be linked to one of the elbows).
Or to put it simply a merfolk-shaped blue and green variant of Xantalos's avatar.
I imagined it as though the merfolk had sort of merged into a big wormy thing, most of the biomass, organs, and stuff absorbed into the main body but with assorted limbs and faces sticking out, repurposed into fins and sensory organs, with a big mouth at one end for eating, probably lined with forearms or femurs for teeth. And when it needs to speak, it growls from the mouth while all the faces speak more or less in unison.

Random Fact:  Due to the following quote, I now read Tantiy's lines with PewDiePie's voice.

MutOrb, what is it that you are doing?
...What.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 21, 2013, 06:32:41 pm »

Oh god now I have to think of it in Peewee Sherman's voice.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 21, 2013, 09:19:47 pm »

Well I guess the turn I have up now isn't too far off is it?  Either way I was kind of hoping to play around with it but I did like the overall feel of some sort of monster predator lurking in the ocean feeding and growing larger until it can cause some real damage.

Not sure why but what I am now sort of reminds me of something Catalyst related from the Pantheon game.  Always regretted not playing the Catalyst as more of a monster.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 21, 2013, 09:29:37 pm »

I imagined it as though the merfolk had sort of merged into a big wormy thing, most of the biomass, organs, and stuff absorbed into the main body but with assorted limbs and faces sticking out, repurposed into fins and sensory organs, with a big mouth at one end for eating, probably lined with forearms or femurs for teeth. And when it needs to speak, it growls from the mouth while all the faces speak more or less in unison.

My entire line of thought could be summed up as: they do not want to spend all that much time relearning how to walk.  Instead, they would bet a form quasi-similar to how they used to walk.

Well I guess the turn I have up now isn't too far off is it?  Either way I was kind of hoping to play around with it but I did like the overall feel of some sort of monster predator lurking in the ocean feeding and growing larger until it can cause some real damage.

Good thing merfolk have underwater adaptations.

Not sure why but what I am now sort of reminds me of something Catalyst related from the Pantheon game.  Always regretted not playing the Catalyst as more of a monster.

And now you have an opportunity.  And you know fusion-based magic, so you can turn other mer and magfolk into others of your species...I just gave you n idea, didn't I?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 21, 2013, 09:39:39 pm »

MWAHAHA!  Yeah definitely brings back memories now.  Rest assured I shall not repeat the mistakes of my past performance in the Pantheon game where I invest more effort into diplomacy and gaining power than actually just RPing and having fun.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 21, 2013, 09:40:41 pm »

MWAHAHA!  Yeah definitely brings back memories now.  Rest assured I shall not repeat the mistakes of my past performance in the Pantheon game where I invest more effort into diplomacy and gaining power than actually just RPing and having fun.
To be fair, by the time that phoinex guy entered the fans basically turned into a gigantic what the guck.
Sig! Onol

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 21, 2013, 09:48:23 pm »

Underlining 'One's' in that sentence just made it awkward, GreatWyrm.

Surprised you didn't make yourself a giant Dragon Turtle that the world is upon, though.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32