Poll

Which save?

Fivex's
- 4 (50%)
Before OOS
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV: MP, Saturday, 7pm BST  (Read 34761 times)

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV: MP, Signups open
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2013, 09:02:31 am »

Dev diary 33 also reveals a scoring system, so we can use that to determine a winner.

I think I'm going to just scrap my suggestions and pretty much let people play how they want. I still like the idea of forming teams with vassals rather than outright annexation, but it doesn't seem very viable, I think.

EDIT: also, the game's on steam, so we won't need mibbit and if you guys all wanna add me on steam (twiggie3103), we can setup through that.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2013, 11:01:14 am »

I'll probably be in. Also, do you guys want to play the regular map or a converted CK2 game, chosen from our best converted maps?

EDIT: Right, forgot my nations.
Spoiler:  Nation Choices (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 09:02:52 pm by inteuniso »
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2013, 11:20:43 am »

regular, just gonna do vanilla i think. (though i wouldnt mind playing a 1356 start mod)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2013, 12:02:56 pm »

I'd prefer a vanilla game for my first MP. The only thing that's really bad in the vanilla map is North Africa from what I've seen so far.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2013, 02:33:13 pm »

EDIT: also, the game's on steam, so we won't need mibbit and if you guys all wanna add me on steam (twiggie3103), we can setup through that.
What do you mean? Personally I pre-ordered it on gamersgate, and I'm sure the multiplayer works still.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2013, 02:44:46 pm »

EU4 is Steam only. GG will just give you a key.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2013, 02:51:46 pm »

Oh wow, well that was pointless then.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2013, 03:26:24 pm »

I added you Twiggie, my steam name is Andrew4250.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2013, 03:52:18 pm »

I think I'm going to just scrap my suggestions and pretty much let people play how they want. I still like the idea of forming teams with vassals rather than outright annexation, but it doesn't seem very viable, I think.
I'm sure people would be fine vassaling other people instead of annexing them if requested. I think the only problem people had was people only being able to ally with vassals, which basically leaves smaller or weaker player nations near other larger or stronger player nations to the whims of the larger nations far more than they would be with normal alliances.

Oh, yes, hi, here I am. Sign me up for Sweden/Milan/Bohemia/Bavaria/Georgia.

Yikes, we have a lot of players. Is Europe/Africa/Middle east big enough for all of us?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2013, 04:10:28 pm »

I'm sure we'll be mostly fine, usually people don't show up or otherwise drop out of these things, though I guess it might be different since EU4 is new. If not we'll manage something closer to start date.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2013, 04:15:21 pm »

I can't find you Twiggie my username is stabbymcstabstab if you can me I would appreciate it.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2013, 06:09:57 pm »

This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2013, 08:03:29 pm »

I'm sure people would be fine vassaling other people instead of annexing them if requested. I think the only problem people had was people only being able to ally with vassals, which basically leaves smaller or weaker player nations near other larger or stronger player nations to the whims of the larger nations far more than they would be with normal alliances.

Oh, yes, hi, here I am. Sign me up for Sweden/Milan/Bohemia/Bavaria/Georgia.

Yikes, we have a lot of players. Is Europe/Africa/Middle east big enough for all of us?

Or maybe, just maybe, it is because we were bound to an upper cap of 100% warscore demands and no one was small enough to be vassalized that way.  =P
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:05:16 pm by Azthor »

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2013, 08:11:01 pm »

So I think that it is important that we fill up the major players of the era so that no human player has an easy AI for a historical enemy.

This list is probably incomplete but here goes.

Austria
Brandenburg(Or decent sized German nation to contest throne and northern Europe)
Burgundy ~ Should encourage them to become dutch, don't know how to do that
Castile
England
France
Muscovy
Ottomans
Poland
Portugal
Sweden
Venice

Each player has historical rivals and also has room to grow.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2013, 08:37:37 pm »

We've actually got quite a few of those covered, if you just look at the first choices in the sign-up list in the original post. Paradox also says they've made substantial improvements to the AI; I guess we'll see what it's like soon enough.

I do hope we can get more than the five or six regulars we had in the last EU game. I think that alone should allow for more than two alliance blocs.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30