Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: Medieval Jousting Heroes - Stage 1 - Nantes - Day 1  (Read 27502 times)

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Jousting Heroes - Stage 1 - Nantes - Day 1
« Reply #210 on: August 04, 2013, 07:04:31 am »

Question: why did you roll slothman's save against affinity instead of shieldery?

Good question... umm... I forgot I think!  But, the failed buck check would have negated that probably, and the Critical Success on the EqAff check produced pretty much what a critical shield check would do anyway.  So it's all good.  I'm going to update the first post like you suggested and put all modifiers and effects there, which'll hopefully make updates much easier on me.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 04, 2013, 07:12:34 am »

Ophida began dancing about seductively and facing the other knight, her demon band playing in tune.

Swish left, swish right, heel stomp, hair flip and jump...

Action: Use my demonic 'charisma' to distract the enemy rider!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 04, 2013, 08:42:36 am »

Note that Team Braggadocio have no more actions for this day, mainly because it would just take an age to finish one day otherwise.  Any teams with a BYE day just get one action, to keep things fair and timely.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 04, 2013, 09:44:51 am »

Tristepin shuffles a little nervous... and still in pain. A good start, but he'd wished it had ended already.
''Come on, Tinklebottom!''

He continues to try and get the crowd behind Tinklebottom.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 04, 2013, 01:44:49 pm »

Honour stretches out any tight spots after that first tilt. She has to stay at top performance.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 11:48:46 am by Kashyyk »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #215 on: August 04, 2013, 05:09:08 pm »

Ophida began dancing about seductively and facing the other knight, her demon band playing in tune.

Swish left, swish right, heel stomp, hair flip and jump...

Action: Use my demonic 'charisma' to distract the enemy rider!

The result's narrative should be fun- options everywhere!
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 05, 2013, 08:22:19 pm »

FOr my Joust period action, Try to find metal plate to put on my shield/sweet-talk another team into giving me some of their stuff./b]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 07, 2013, 12:36:22 pm »

So is this still going on?
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #218 on: August 07, 2013, 01:38:33 pm »

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 08, 2013, 08:43:53 am »

Jousts finished!  Finally.   :-[

Please submit Post Joust Actions... if you won you may get something (shillings or something else) by boasting etc.  If you lost you may try to get something by appealing to the crowd or recovery may be your priority.

The post joust period extends to the nighttime, so you may wish to just go drinking at the tavern to celebrate or commiserate.

Treatments, if successful, shall be instantaneous so you can fight the next day.  In general, the hospital is the best place to recover, the stables the next best place.  But the hospital has drawbacks, for benefits to recovery rolls you must first make a devotion to God (Just say something, like a prayer - all the healers are Catholic) and you must pay.  The stables have no charge and no benefits besides that which you yourselves can muster.

It was much easier to resolve the joust with just one set of submitted actions, so that'll be the norm. from now on.  :)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 08, 2013, 08:51:23 am »

you... are... shitting me.
I mean, SERIOUSLY! Ridiculous amount of critical successes and failures, but WHY did that crit fail have to come at that point when ANY OTHER NUMBER WOULD HAVE DONE, AND THEN SHADOWKNIGHTS GET A CRIT SUCCESS!!!? SERIOUSLY?
Grrrrrrr.

''Norton, might be worth going to the hospital to get that seen to. I can't make that decision for you, you're the knight not I, but it is my suggestion. I don't know if I can reliably heal that.''

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 08, 2013, 08:52:54 am »

Try to get admission for Bucephalus into the Hospital.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 08, 2013, 09:05:26 am »

Of course, I failed by one...no armor for Anselm, I guess.

"Understandable, sir. I had no idea it was an heirloom." And Stone did make a fool of himself out there...

Continue chatting until Sir Stone locates me.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 08, 2013, 09:09:38 am »

Honour collapses in shock at the sheer unlikelihood of the events that just unfolded. She makes use of the rest to calm her nerves and gain a bonus to any other actions she gets to make.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 08, 2013, 09:52:22 am »

As soon as the Black Knight won, evil ugly clouds gathered in the sky...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nzSmaFHnSU

...and suspiciously stock sound effect thunder and lightning begin to flash and and boom across the sky, respectively!

Ophidia removed the dirty shirt from her face and tossed it into the air, incinerating it with her demonic heat vision before facing the hopefully terrified crowd.

She cackled gloatingly, raising her arms.

"AHAHAHA! Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here? Does the scent of blood and pain excite you while you sit there?

Oh, your little hero Knight and his ugly horse and his inept squire have failed you-they lie broken and defeated, cringing and weeping. Did you really think they could win, did you pray to your Gods maybe? Perhaps so...but in truth, you want us to win, don't you? You want to see the great humbled, to fall, to die. It pleases you to see the blood of a noble on the ground. That is why the Good will crumble. For deep in the hearts of even the most virtuous man lies a hidden weakness...a need to make a Hell on earth, to blight paradise-for he knows he isn't worthy of perfection. Weakness...weakness of arm or of moral, it comes to the same. Limping away in defeat, waiting for he killing blow, or the kiss of the maesters lash.

Your kind...you yearn to be ruled-to revel in slaughter...to drink blood and howl at the moon...and rest assured, kind and gentle folk. We'll grant your fondest wishes in time. Sleep soundly and rest well. For the Shadowknights have only just begun the slaughter!"

And the Evil Demon band played an evil victory tune, as the evil Demoness Ophidia they led the evil Dark Knight off the evil field in evil victory.

EVIL.

Action: Engage Evil Gloating!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22