Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: Medieval Jousting Heroes - Stage 1 - Nantes - Day 1  (Read 27513 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Medieval Jousting Heroes - Stage 1 - Nantes - Day 1
« Reply #195 on: August 03, 2013, 02:12:07 am »

Hephaestion will try to steal some better armor somewhere for his knight. And some silk too, we can't let him fight dressed like a peasant.
You may want to be more specific...
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 03, 2013, 07:39:59 am »

The format for the Joust period is they shall run essentially concurrently in multi-space as if they were happening at the same time in the same place.  Or imagine there are two arenas that everyone can see at once.  Yes, that's better.  The Actions submitted are as follows...

Black Knight - "Use my highly trained reflexes(Lancery) to keep a hold on Tenebra."
Ophidia - "Use my demonic um, 'eloquence' to rouse up the crowd in favor of Team Shadowknight!"
Tenebra - "In love I may be, But that won't stop me terrifying you, intimidate Honor."

Hemingsworth - "Use love poems to inspire my lance!"
Tristepin - "Tristepin tries to encourage the crowd to support Norton, particularly when he's had a good strike in. He shows good sportsmanship by applauding any really good hits the opponent does."
Honour - "Honour will psyche up for the tilt."

Antoine - ???
Lap - "Cheer on my master! Convince him that his lance will pierce the.. uh.. other knight's.. erm… shield.."
Antigones - "use our superior limb count to shove a pole in between the opposing horse's legs and trip them up. Break those fragile equine limbs..."

Hephaestion - "Hephaestion will try to steal some better armor somewhere for his knight. And some silk too, we can't let him fight dressed like a peasant. "
Bucephalus - "Attempt to bite-grab the opponents lance as they charge in."

Sam Stone - "I would do some obligatory strutting and trash-talking here, but I'm in a rush, so imagine me stirring up the crowd by running around the lists, jumping up onto the fences and cupping my ear to the crowd, shouting "I CANT HEAR YOU!!!"

Like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But in mail, not pink tights. Keep the feather boa, though. That's class."
Ursus - "Ursus will be pillaging the other team's stables for picnic baskets, shillings and bandages. Devour anyone who gets in the way."
Anselm - "Talk about this fine young knight, Sir Stone, and how his family was impoverished for generations, and he will be jousting tomorrow without good gear. Then suggest that the Baron could lend Stone a set of jousting gear, especially a set of horse armor, to not only show that he is a kind and charitable ruler but also to gain the knight's loyalty."

Antoine's Action is now open for suggestion.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 03, 2013, 07:45:57 am »

Antoine will give his gold to all the teams!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 03, 2013, 07:47:48 am »

... a less evil suggestion:

Every good strike he gets, he makes a witty comment to gain the crowd's attention.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 03, 2013, 07:57:18 am »

OK.  On an odd roll, the first suggestion, even roll second suggestion...

<<Drumroll.....>>

Lucky.   :)
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 03, 2013, 09:16:16 am »

So... Rolepgeek owes me :P

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 03, 2013, 09:28:02 am »

Day 1
Joust

<PU-PUPU-PUUUUUU!>

My Lords, Ladies, guttersnipes and scumbags!
The first round of the 1372 Nantes Grande Tourney is about to begin!
Running concurrently we have two jousts being held today...

The Shadowknights versus House Tinklebottom
and...
Team Uhh! versus Team Equine

<<The crowd roars with anticipation.  Well, as much as the malnourished peasantry are able to roar.>>

Lady Gruntesque, if you please!

<<She stands up and the crowd goes silent instantly.  They remember.  She withdraws an oversized hanky from her sleeve and grunts...>>

May the best... oink!... knight win!

<<She drops the hanky and there is a massive applause.  Anselm taps the rail with an approving hoof from Baron de la Filly's box.>>

VERSUS
Joust found in favour of.... The Shadowknights!!!

Half time entertainment, courtesy of Team Braggadocio...

VERSUS
Joust found in favour of.... Team Uhh!!!!

New rules.... Only one set of Joust period Actions.  I'll conclude both jousts tomorrow (my time) in automatic passes until one rider is down and out.  Then we can do post joust and then start round 2.  The shop - blacksmith - will probably open from about round 3.  I know the stats on the first page are not up to date.. no worries there.   :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 08:35:16 am by hermes »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 03, 2013, 09:39:28 am »

Get my head in the game. This is no time to thinking about that lovey looking behind...focused Tenebra!
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 03, 2013, 09:42:23 am »

Mmmmh, I've been writing up my knight's intro, but it's hard if he doesn't have a name. can I assume he's called Alexander?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 03, 2013, 09:45:43 am »

Mmmmh, I've been writing up my knight's intro, but it's hard if he doesn't have a name. can I assume he's called Alexander?

Hehe, well Bucephalus is Knight and Steed at the moment.  If an Alexander came along, that would be great.  But for the moment, I'd write it for the horse as dual knight'n'steed.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 03, 2013, 09:46:05 am »

"Tristepin is a plagiarist? My my. He seemed like such a nice lad. That will teach one not to judge books by their cover, I suppose."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 03, 2013, 09:52:31 am »

"My Ladies, My Lords,

For years, I have had the honour to serve one of the most valiant knight around, a being of pure courage, piety and goodness.

However, while his qualities would have landed him a place of honour in any courts, he had to go into hiding to escape the mockeries of those that know no better than judge someone on his appearance.

Indeed, my lords and ladies, the knight I serve is no ordinary man, for he is no man at all. This Knigh is Sir Bucephalus, and those horsophobe have been hounding him for years. But now he comes in front of you, to finally show his real face and prove to all his worthiness. I ask you to applaud, not for a man, but for a horse, the first of his kind to reach Knighthood, Sir Bucephalus!"

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #207 on: August 03, 2013, 02:33:36 pm »

Invoke gods of lancery by inscribing a sigil in the air with my lance! Use placebo effect &/or actual godly empowerment to better my skills! Roll with lancery!

(Make note to self: get Honour some kind of reward. If Tenebra continues to buck, Honour's flanks may have won this round.)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 03, 2013, 07:06:43 pm »

Aim for the joints of Tinklebottom's armor.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #209 on: August 04, 2013, 06:11:10 am »

Question: why did you roll slothman's save against affinity instead of shieldery?
Badges of honor
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22