Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: You Own a Tavern [suggestion game]  (Read 4566 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Own a Tavern [suggestion game]
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 10:24:05 am »

Obviously we are on some kind of time dilation here. Anyway I guess beers which could not go rancid could be a good research topic.

Back to the game, though. Is Shark's Fin Tavern consensus? What will Ol barkeep do before he has to open for business?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 11:07:44 am »

+1 to Shark's Fin. Let's go hire a server and see if there are any entertainers in town! And start researching a better way to preserve our foodstuffs! See how much it would cost to get the place ready for people to rent beds!

((So we don't have any room to board people, or we just don't have any beds?))

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 11:08:36 am »

+1 to Shark's Fin. Let's go hire a server and see if there are any entertainers in town! And start researching a better way to preserve our foodstuffs!

THERE COULD BE ONLY +ONEEE!

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 01:23:20 pm »

Invent new recipe: At the end of the day or when people leave, pour their leftover alcholic beverage into an empty barrel. Sell this disgusting crap (Shark Bile?) for dirt cheap prices for the dedicated-yet-cheap alcoholics. Waste not, want not.

+1 to Shark's Fin. Let's go hire a server and see if there are any entertainers in town! And start researching a better way to preserve our foodstuffs!

THERE COULD BE ONLY +ONEEE!

Plus One

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2013, 01:31:27 pm »

Invent new recipe: At the end of the day or when people leave, pour their leftover allegedly-expired alcholic beverage into an empty barrel. Sell this disgusting crap beverage (Shark Bile?) (Grogfish?) for dirt cheap prices for the dedicated-yet-cheap alcoholics. Waste not, want not.
Plus One
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2013, 01:43:55 pm »

-Invent salty barnuts
-Serve them free to patrons
???
-Profit!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2013, 02:50:36 pm »

-Invent salty barnuts
-Serve them free to patrons
???
-Profit!
Not this exactly, but we should definitely try to get our hands on some snacky foods for our snacky types.

Invent new recipe: At the end of the day or when people leave, pour their leftover alcholic beverage into an empty barrel. Sell this disgusting crap (Shark Bile?) for dirt cheap prices for the dedicated-yet-cheap alcoholics. Waste not, want not.
+1

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2013, 04:05:16 pm »

Not this exactly, but we should definitely try to get our hands on some snacky foods for our snacky types.
They are so the customers get thirstier and buy more drinks

+1 to salty nuts
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2013, 09:56:30 pm »

LordBucket turns simple forum game into !!SCIENCE!!.

...well, I'd think that of any forum...people here would be interested in the topic of brewing. :)

+1 to Shark's Fin.

+1

That's fine. We're near an ocean port, let's go with an ocean-sounding name. Sailors and dockworkers.

We can always pick a new name if/when we relocate/upgrade to a new location/building.

Let's go hire a server
'

Two reasons:

Our serving skill is low. We probabaly want to train it some early.

I would like to see a day in process so we have a better idea of what to expect. For example, I notice that wwe have vastly more units of food than drinks. Is that a reflection of our liekly patrons, or is tht something we need to fix? WHich is the bigger bottleneck, serving or cooking? Cooking probbaly takes more time, should we hire a cook instead? I think we need to let a day go by to see what we're up against before we invest too many resources into guesswork.

start researching a better way to preserve our foodstuffs!

+1

Invent salty barnuts

+1

Salty food to encourage patrons to be thirsty.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2013, 10:05:02 pm »

I suggest we hire a cook(maybe) and a serving wench(definitely). A wench will always attract more customers than someone named Ol' Barkeep; there are far fewer sailors who will grope the ass of an ex-military man who is serving them beer and food, then there are sailors who will grope the ass of the pretty young girl serving them food. We'll be the brewer and the bartender, of course.

I also suggest we buy some more brewing vats or the like.

Research into preservation is good. So is salty stuff. These come together, really, since salt was the only way to preserve things effectively back then (Besides just, you know, keeping it in honey or something), and we're near the sea. So we should secure a source of salt.

I suggest we invent the sandwich.

I suggest we set prices(I have no idea, since I don't even know how much a credit is worth, supply/demand etc.).

I suggest we make a signature brew of some sort that is really high quality, and then the Shark Bile, too. They did this back then anyway, really, but we should let it all ferment a bit more for a day or two, and see what that does, too. Do a similar thing with food; gather up the leftovers people leave and use them to make stew or otherwise resell.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2013, 11:02:34 pm »

Rolepgeek's ideas are good, except for calling Grogfish Shark Bile.
(Dogfish are a king of shark, and grog is a type of alcoholic beverage associated with the sea. It's a portmanteau that works!)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2013, 11:09:00 pm »

I just called it that because that's what I remembered someone calling it, or suggesting. Didn't care about the name, really, though Grogfish sounds more like a beer-battered fish dish.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2013, 11:10:09 pm »

Well, if it doesn't pass for the drink, let's fry some small fish in whatever we call the drink and call it that should sales of the drink be lower than the supply!
Sig

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2013, 12:14:30 am »

Well, if it doesn't pass for the drink, let's fry some small fish in whatever we call the drink and call it that should sales of the drink be lower than the supply!
That sounds like a good idea.
+1
Black lives matter.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2013, 12:50:52 am »

Wow, tons of ideas.

Unfortunately I don't have much time during the day to sort your ideas out.

Anyway there is a crude system here: Cooking skills make food good and make them sell for a good price, Serving skills is to make your customers happy (in accompaniment with good food, of course). Happy customers makes your tavern more popular in the long run.

The average beer sells for 10 credit. The Fried Shark is something around 100.

There is more food than drink because we won't serve our customers a lump of spinach, but we will serve them a pint of beer. Food is made on the fly, if stock allows.

I might be a bit lenient and allow you to do more things for the first day (think of you are not opening for business just after you furnished everything), but expect this leniency be short-lived. So, unless it sound too power-gamey I could potentially allow for more actions.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4