Advanced search  

Poll

Who should open the Gaiden Thread?

Gamerlord
Projeck
RangerCado
You, you lazy bastard of a GM!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 508

Author Topic: Twilight Academy - A Magical School RP  (Read 444335 times)

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy - A Magical School RP
« Reply #270 on: July 23, 2013, 01:14:34 am »

Actually, it does. My point is that there isn't necessarily anything they were doing before this. They may have just been tossing their magic youths at the problem since the dawn of time.
Or since the darkness became a problem for them, anyway.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 23, 2013, 01:16:14 am »

No it doesn't. There's a difference between throwing teenagers to the forces of evil for... whatever, and giving a young guy about to essentially be executed a sword.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 23, 2013, 01:19:32 am »

No it doesn't. There's a difference between throwing teenagers to the forces of evil for... whatever, and giving a young guy about to essentially be executed a sword.

The point wasn't actually about Theseus. The myth was kind of tangential :P.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 23, 2013, 01:21:22 am »

I thought the point was about how they were similar.

Either way this isn;t the place for roman mythology.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 23, 2013, 01:21:51 am »

What about throwing teenagers to the force about to defeat you in war?

Greek.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 23, 2013, 01:22:59 am »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 23, 2013, 01:23:47 am »

Again, comparing conscripts and death row. Well, I suppose they can be the same thing, but by that point the war might as well be lost.

It was a toss ip between roman and norse in my head. I thought about Odin piledriving a minotaur and things didn't really fit.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 23, 2013, 01:26:39 am »

Again, comparing conscripts and death row. Well, I suppose they can be the same thing
Seems like a decent comparison to me, there's a powerful force that will defeat you so you throw teenagers at it and hope they'll distract it.

but by that point the war might as well be lost.
It was.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 23, 2013, 01:27:22 am »

Isn't that how all the animuu does it?
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 23, 2013, 03:37:14 am »

Wait, if Victoria shot someone and used her ability to rewrite another potential shooter as the culprit, would that result in her still having a full magazine of bullets while the framed person's gun now has one less bullet?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 23, 2013, 03:43:32 am »

Wait, if Victoria shot someone and used her ability to rewrite another potential shooter as the culprit, would that result in her still having a full magazine of bullets while the framed person's gun now has one less bullet?
she can rewrite the process as long as the cause and effect are still the same
Seem like The bullet would be still missing from her gun, but it seem like it was fired by the other.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 23, 2013, 03:45:38 am »

Yeah I'm just trying to establish whether the cause would be considered as specifically Victoria firing her gun or just as someone in the area firing a gun.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 23, 2013, 04:17:44 am »

Richard Terrance William Johnson (One, the other, or both? Your contract and your bio disagree.)

Oh, my mistake. Richard William Johnson is the right one. Now edited.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 23, 2013, 07:05:55 am »

Question: Do non-Squad-members have an official room assignment or does it not matter?

Also that was solved by a very long piece of string so all that anology says to me is that 'Theres a bleedingly obvious solution here but nobody is looking for it.'
To be perfectly fair to everyone else who entered the labyrinth, the maze itself wasn't the only issue. I wouldn't be surprised if no one previously had the combination of strength and string needed to prevail in the end.

Wh-

How can you get lost when there's only one path?
I think the problem was less "getting lost" than it was "getting eaten by the minotaur". Which was carnivorous for some reason.
Something tells me you forgot that part of the myth...

Which was stolen by...?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #284 on: July 23, 2013, 07:40:47 am »

~~Twilight Academy Student Contract~~
I, Yoko Hakase, hereby declare my intent to attend Twilight Academy. I swear upon my life to speak not a word of it to any person, being, or spirit not of the Academy, and to uphold its laws and tenants to the best of my ability. I also attest that all of the following is true and accurate, and that I am not omitting any information from the Academy within this Contract. I understand that the Twilight Academy is concerned with ability, not morality, and that any criminal past is not a bar to entry, but I will be expected to refrain from acts which might reveal Twilight Academy to the public, including being caught breaking any federal laws or using my powers before any person not privy to this information already.

Applicant's Name: Yoko Hakase
Power: Summon hundreds of magical guns at once that I can use to suppress or eliminate multiple specific enemies, or cause massive damage to a single opponent!
Specialty: Technical
Short Self-Description: A girl with long, bright blue hair that she keeps tied up with a green ribbon. Likes to wear white and blue when she can. She's slender and has a very thin frame, along with sharp, smooth facial features. She keeps a knowing, almost smug expression most of the time, and nearly always has a thin smile on her face. Her large, soft eyes make it seem endearing rather than threatening, however.
Short History: Grew up in the hills with her grandparents, who were shepherds. As such she loves animals, and never goes anywhere without her talking cat, Sakomoto. She enrolled in the school of magic upon the insistence of her grandparents, on account of it being a family tradition. Hakase hopes to be as successful a student as her mother and her grandmother, both of whom were top of their class in their time.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 508