Advanced search  

Poll

Why do you like Medieval Fodder?

It has simple and neat rules
It is quick-paced and has short waitlist
MURDERMURDERMURDER
All of the abov~

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32

Author Topic: Medieval Fodder Simple-RTD (v1.2retro)! Game completed!  (Read 38031 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Name: Alex Louis Armstrong, the Strongarm Alchemist
Side: A, for Armstrong
Skill: Alchemy Beauty and grace Two-handed mastery
Appearance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

[Hahaha, glorious Role, I hope to see Alex on the field of battle! If this lasts that long, really, I'm surprised I didn't die last turn. I kinda hope this lasts until both the counter is finished, and everyone on the losing side has died.]

"Filthy black blooded mongrel." Valor incarnated watched the bilious liquid fall off of his halberd with the rain. "You all came here looking for an easy fight, something to parade around in your decadent keeps while laughing to your cowardice riddled walking corpses you call friends. Hahahahaha!" For a moment, the halberd user was awash with heavy laughter in the rain.

"You who wishes to fight me, who claims I am not a cause? I do not think you're ready. No, no, you do not have what I'm seeking, you don't have that spark of fire, that courage and valor in you. You are not worthy of fighting me... Yet. Once you have seen all your black blooded comrades fall into the dirt by our very hands before your eyes... Then. Then you shall be worthy to perhaps kill me."

Another chuckle, before the knight addressed the crowd of the enemies with anger once more in his voice. "WHAT KNOW ANY OF YOU OF TRUE VALOR, COURAGE, RIGHTEOUSNESS?! THIS RAIN!" The man gestured to the sky. "SHOWS US OF YOUR COURAGE, IT IS FLEETING, FALLING, FRACTURED! SOLDIERS, MEN OF HONOR AND VALOR! FIGHT TO THE END, BUT NO OURS! OH NO, FOR THIS SHALL NOT BE OUR FINAL BATTLE AGAINST THE BLACK TIDES OF BLOOD THAT BESIEGES US, THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING! YOU! CANNOT! KILL! A CAUSE!"

The knight bellowed again as he charged at Franz.

tomio175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Narwhallius the Blue Rider
Side: B for Victor-Bee!
Skill: Agile
...You're arguing with the GM? Why don't you argue with Jesus about how much Peter liked clams?
Because each player's delicious tears are fuel for the continued torture that is the Warrens of Oric the Awesome.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Well I will add you guys to the waitlist, but don't be surprise if the current game ends before you roll in.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Kill Valor Knight

And now the tension rises. We're all wounded, but their morale is down. This may be my last battle, but I'll surely make it count.

"You can kill a cause if you kill the person." Fane said, bluntly.

Though he has a point, I'll give him that.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 03:49:45 am by Tiruin »

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile

Kill valor
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"My dear sir, I'm afraid that you and your cause are about to come to a swift end."

Kill Valor
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Luke II rushed at Valor, in that moment of time when Valor Knight was exposed. The axe swung at Valor's head from above and smashed into his skull and brain, killing the halberdier instantly.

With a loud creak, the gates of the keep opened and the Royal Cavaliers' unit rushed from inside, across the bridge, and spilt onto the plaza. The riders quickly cut down Ms. Pretty Obvious, and then caught up with Aegis and cut the remaining revolutionary to pieces.

Then they went into the city along with the remainder of the loyalists that remained on the Plaza.

Few months later, the rebellion was over. Losing the battle in the capital city was disasterous both to the morale of the revolutionaries and their leaders. The pious Joachim Sturendertz got killed by one of his aides, who usurped the reins of leadership, only to lose them to in-fighting betwen him and several officers.
Luke II, Fane Ravien and Franz Ludwig were rewarded for their bravery and elevated to the ranks of aristocracy.

The Kreuzfallech dynasty have prevailed. As the young King matures, he quickly dislodges the leeches that were his regents and advisors. The monarchy is back to its old ways of oppression and rule by iron fist, but who knows, maybe it is better than the order that would arise after the victory of the Revolutionaries?

That's different story.

Side A wins the game!

Spoiler: Actions&Rolls (click to show/hide)
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Fodder Simple-RTD (v1.2retro)! Game completed!
« Reply #458 on: August 31, 2013, 09:02:34 am »

gg, folks? v:

I actually almost left Valor alive but then I noticed Luke gets +1 to damage from his skill, and so Valor Knight died :v!

Also here, something I was working on for a while:

MECHANICS:

Ranged units doesn't wear shields.
Attacks of ranged units can be countered only by other ranged units.
If attacked in close combat, they counter with Dagger. When the player runs out of ammo - highly impropable but possible - his main weapon becomes Dagger.
Bows can be shot every turn; Crossbows must be reloaded (takes a full turn) before another shot can be performed.
Attacking from range bypasses any Defenders of the targeted enemy (if he has any, that's it).

SKILL:

Marksman: The player receives Ranged weapon of his/her choosing and a Dagger.

WEAPONS:

Dagger: 1-handed, 1-3dmg, +1 Parry.

Bow: 2-handed, 1-5dmg, 20 arrows.
Crossbow: 2-handed, 2-6dmg, +2dmg against chainmail/plate armor, 10 bolts.
SigFlags!

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 31, 2013, 09:44:20 am »

That sounds good.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 31, 2013, 09:47:58 am »

GG, indeed. Congratulations, everyone.
However, I am still astonished at how Team B failed to organize for ten turns straight even after they saw the overwhelming boost in my team's efficiency. Steamrolling you turn after turn after turn was not fun, guys.
I really, really hope the next game will see two organized teams trying to outwit each other, rather than the organized team slaughtering the disorganized one.

Ranged mechanics seem to be good enough, at least on a first glance. This system could use some good damage dealers to speed up the gameplay, and Marksmen will be those damage dealers.

Command system needs an overhaul, though. Rally is virtually useless and Inspire is overpowered. It would be better to get rid of Rally altogether and split up Inspire into several narrow actions: +1 to everyone's attack, +1 to everyone's defense, +1 to all actions that follow the commander's orders...

UPD: oh, wait, no, there's an issue with the balance between the Bow and the Crossbow. No one survives for ten turns in a game like this, especially not vulnerable damage dealers like the Marksmen. The balance has to be reached with the damage: for example, the Bow deals more damage, but the Crossbow gets bonus damage against heavy armor.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 09:53:39 am by HmH »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 31, 2013, 09:52:07 am »

I fully agree with HmH. Organization = win. RP'ing organization was the most fun part.

Granted, I had the feeling of the other team going all 'Happy-go-lucky-posting' just for the sake of it :/

But I'm glad. My original character survived two whole Medieval Fodder games complete with her own lore book on it :D

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 31, 2013, 09:53:19 am »

Hmmm...

Defensive Order: +1 to Evade
Offensive Order: +1 to Hit

:?
SigFlags!

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 31, 2013, 09:55:46 am »

Hmmm...

Defensive Order: +1 to Evade
Offensive Order: +1 to Hit

:?
That does not cover everything. You can order people to Defend other people, you can order people to Defend themselves, et cetera. There has to be a Support Order that gives a +1 to these actions.

UPD: Also, the game needs more support actions. Commands are good, but something like an Assist action, something that gives the target's action an extra boost beyond what the orders allow, would greatly expand the possibilities available to players.
Example of one such possibility: a Commander gives Support Orders to two weak damage dealers so that they both Assist the team's primary damage dealer, who is under an Offensive Order to attack the heavily armored enemy Commander.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:10:15 am by HmH »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 31, 2013, 10:07:06 am »

Haha, well that was fun, good game guys. The ranged mechanics look interesting but I question about them being able to get through defenders.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32