Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 55

Author Topic: Airship Combat: Rocket man.  (Read 72377 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Airship Combat: Now with More, probably hard to follow, Tutorials
« Reply #270 on: July 23, 2013, 04:53:51 pm »

((The best part is that I have 7 dexterity, making me very good at dodging :D.))

Don't get hit. If someone tries to strafe me, strafe them instead of the cockpit.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 23, 2013, 05:05:07 pm »

Red - Danath

Well, there are two things we need to do here.  we need to try and fix the controls, and we need to MAN THE GODDAMN CANNONS!

Continue to be useless baggage.  If the enemy ship gets close enough, attempt to board.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 23, 2013, 05:07:35 pm »

"Alright..."

Try to help man the cannons.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 23, 2013, 05:19:19 pm »

Go help load the cannons.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 23, 2013, 05:28:20 pm »

"Alright..."

which part should we fire at?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 23, 2013, 05:52:31 pm »

"Alright..."

which part should we fire at?
The control part?
My character is still in shock, he's probably not going to be helping a lot with the planning right now.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 23, 2013, 05:55:39 pm »

((Okay, this is official. I do not understand how time works here, because this is the second time I have posted an action that led me to being shot at. I thought helping Pilate, especially if he didn't need it, would take maybe half-a-square of movement. But we were hit 2.5 out of three squares in, and I still managed to be there. :())

"Pilate's in shock! Their shots hit the cockpit square on! I'll be taking over piloting now. With the way we are going, we are either going to be in range with the cannons very soon, or we will ram them. Sloan, get to the cannons. Danath, see if you can help him. Don't try to board yet, you need Dex for that."

He the leans over to the Pilate and whispers. "I know you don't understand it yet pal, but you're pretty much dead. I've got cuts of my own to take care of, and without an arm or care... you don't stand a chance. Trust me, I'm doing you favor. Goodbuy."

If Pilate is able to stand up without problems and even walk on his own, abandon the next action. If he's not, place one of my hands over Pilate's mouth. If he's able to resist even semi-effectively, abandon the next course of action. If he's not, cut his throat. Drink his blood, and let it invigorate me. Then take his Saber and pistol. (This, is an example of am action, that in my opinion, should not take a lot of time compared to the next one.)

Once I'm done with Pilate one way or another, get up once again, ignoring my own cuts, and see if I can repair or otherwise make function the controlls. Either by controlling the ship directly from the wiring, or maybe Vlad has knowledge that allows him just to go to the upper engine housing and load stones and controll the ship from there. (or maybe even an the hover core and engine itself.)

PS: Try not to get in the way of bullets.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 12:30:56 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #277 on: July 23, 2013, 06:33:45 pm »

Oh, you were done with that action. The only reason you didn't get hurt worse was because you were hiding in the corner. When that glass breaks, if you're in the room you're gonna get some in you, but you avoided the shell itself.

I think the problem is that you probably meant to hide down below, where you are now, where as I assumed you wanted to hide back where you were before, where I ended your last turn and said you were hiding. So your turn was completed, but you were still in the room.

In general, if you want to be safe, always say where you want to be hiding specifically, and always get your ass to a different room if you think someone is aiming at you. As long as they don't have the shot from the very beginning of the turn, you'll probably be able to run to another area.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 23, 2013, 06:43:17 pm »

Place one of my hands over Pilate's mouth, and cut his throat. Drink his blood, and let it invigorate me. Then take his Saber and pistol.
What the heck?
Sig

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 23, 2013, 06:44:26 pm »

Place one of my hands over Pilate's mouth, and cut his throat. Drink his blood, and let it invigorate me. Then take his Saber and pistol.
What the heck?
You're dead? I'm giving you a mercy killing before you start to scream and be anoying.

To Piecewise: That's where I ended up my last turn? Huh. Okay, I'll try to remember that in the future.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 23, 2013, 06:45:14 pm »

I'm not dead, I'm bleeding.

Murderer.
Sig

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #281 on: July 23, 2013, 07:18:20 pm »

What the heck?
You're dead? I'm giving you a mercy killing before you start to scream and be anoying.

To Piecewise: That's where I ended up my last turn? Huh. Okay, I'll try to remember that in the future.

You hand 3 moltovs to Sloan, and then head up to the deck and set 3 next to Joe, who seems too preoccupied with shooting to take them from you. Then you make your way up to the cockpit and give three to Pilate  before taking up a spot in the corner; away from the window.

Yep, I double checked, just to make sure.

Devlog:
Currently working on the two different types of power for the conventional ships, as well as weight and energy usage. I'm working it so that, with any luck, the system can be applied to ships of any size and make up with relative ease and that damaging engines-or just not having enough to begin with-will result in slower ships. I'm also creating some weapons and systems that are available only to one or the other type of power, along with the more general weapons.

Before you ask, yes I have included a stupidly large, incredibly powerful, forward mounted "main cannon" for those of you who subscribe to the Death Star school of ship design. 

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 23, 2013, 07:28:12 pm »

((Since you double-checked, I also did so.))

Red: Vlad

Finish handing out molotovs. Then hide on the Upper Desk. Help Pilate with the controls if he needs it
You hand 3 moltovs to Sloan, and then head up to the deck and set 3 next to Joe, who seems too preoccupied with shooting to take them from you. Then you make your way up to the cockpit and give three to Pilate  before taking up a spot in the corner; away from the window.
And yes, I have misspelled "Deck" as "Desk". But I believe that's still the machine gun level.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 07:30:21 pm by Thearpox »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #283 on: July 23, 2013, 07:33:32 pm »

((Since you double-checked, I also did so.))

Red: Vlad

Finish handing out molotovs. Then hide on the Upper Desk. Help Pilate with the controls if he needs it
And yes, I have misspelled "Deck" as "Desk". But I believe that's still the machine gun level.

Well, technically the cockpit is the upper most level. The main deck is the deck. Well, whatever, just run with it, it's not like you're crippled or anything, just cut up a bit.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 23, 2013, 07:40:28 pm »

I can run with it, sure, no probs here. But then it's still labeled incorrectly: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/crkwpy8ncr964nc/OXOj85jZV2#f:Main%20deck%20above%20view.png

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 55