Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: Dfhack: Rendermax (and it's subplugin light)  (Read 150745 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Dfhack: Rendermax (and it's subplugin light)
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2013, 05:09:34 am »

I wrote Baughn. He hasnt been here in 6 months though. I'll wait a bit, if I get no answer, I write Toady.

Lights by reaction: i'm not sure how that will go. Probably making an item which somehow fades away (??) => That is exactly what I am doing atm, just that items dont glow yet. ;)

If you say it would be more processor heavy, does that mean "IF a ton of items are around", or just by default. Would the script check every item for possible glow or not? Because if it hurts FPS/GPS I'd rather work around the issue using buildings instead of items. Same for creatures, its not a big deal, although fireflies in the caverns would look pretty neat. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2013, 05:34:12 am »

It's not as bad as i though. It only checks for items in current 16x16 visible blocks. Also it will skip checks if no item lights are defined.

Edit: nope, all in_play items need to be checked...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 05:36:33 am by Warmist »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2013, 06:29:42 am »

Can you do a "rendermax light noitem" and "rendermax light item" version ? I am sure people will appreciate not using the full processor capacity for a feature I can work around. ;) Or do no items... I dont know. I dont know how big the impact is, but with old forts and 10,000 items lying around its probably quite significant.

EDIT: Just a heads up, Baughn did write me.
It's absolutely possible, I just haven't gotten around to doing so.
So yeah, TTF and OpenGL together is possible. :) Warmist, if you want to have a chat with him, you can get in touch on IRC, on Rizon or Freenode. Nickname Baughn.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 04:19:34 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2013, 04:48:51 pm »

I tried making all gems glow in their color, but I guess addMaterial("INORGANIC:GEM_ID",{useMaterial},{useMaterial},5) doesnt work? Do I need to manually fit the hue of the light to the color of the gem?

All the rest is working fine. My UI now includes a button to toggle Rendermax on and off... I just wish I could make screenshots. ^^

EDIT: Actually, I cant get gems to glow at all. Metal veins, yes. Gems clusters, no.

The custom workshops do glow now, with the one upper-left tile giving light. Dont know if thats intended or not. Its fine for my 1x1 workshops that should give light, but I thought about adding a little bit of light to all workshops/furnaces, and it does look odd on the larger ones, like 11x11. ^^
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 04:59:17 pm by Meph »

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2013, 12:12:11 am »

I'm not really familiar with the technology around this project.  The light showing through the different colors of glass in the demo looks absolutely amazing.  Is there any chance this could be packaged into a Mac .so instead of a Windows .dll?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2013, 12:32:37 am »

I tried making all gems glow in their color, but I guess addMaterial("INORGANIC:GEM_ID",{useMaterial},{useMaterial},5) doesnt work? Do I need to manually fit the hue of the light to the color of the gem?

All the rest is working fine. My UI now includes a button to toggle Rendermax on and off... I just wish I could make screenshots. ^^

EDIT: Actually, I cant get gems to glow at all. Metal veins, yes. Gems clusters, no.

The custom workshops do glow now, with the one upper-left tile giving light. Dont know if thats intended or not. Its fine for my 1x1 workshops that should give light, but I thought about adding a little bit of light to all workshops/furnaces, and it does look odd on the larger ones, like 11x11. ^^
The gems are added as a list of them all by a function (was too lazy to list all gems out so made a function), you can overwrite any one of them.

this shows a gem cluster coloring the light from cursor.
As for bigger workshops, it will be a pain to implement the "locations of lights in workshops". But it's planned some time in the future. Btw i have made a version that supports items and creatures, but haven't ported it back to r3 yet.

I'm not really familiar with the technology around this project.  The light showing through the different colors of glass in the demo looks absolutely amazing.  Is there any chance this could be packaged into a Mac .so instead of a Windows .dll?
If you find somebody with mac to build it.

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2013, 01:03:38 am »

Is the source public somewhere?  I don't mind giving it a shot if it's not dependent on windows libraries.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2013, 01:31:18 am »

Is the source public somewhere?  I don't mind giving it a shot if it's not dependent on windows libraries.
Source is public as of all dfhack. Though i think there was some mac specific build problems but if you are willing to try it, you will need:
or if you are selfish:
Just build this. But then resulting .so will not be sharable as will be built against newer then r3 dfhack. Also visit dfhack thread (and irc) if you need any help building.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2013, 04:12:49 am »

I noticed that gems let light through, but I wanted to make them emit light. Cant find that in the files.

For workshops, using the "work-tile" would be fine. :)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2013, 04:38:15 am »

I noticed that gems let light through, but I wanted to make them emit light. Cant find that in the files.

For workshops, using the "work-tile" would be fine. :)
The syntax is:
Code: [Select]
addMaterial(<token>,<absorb color>,<emit color>,<range>)
here: <token> is something from raws. <absorb color>/<emit color> is in form {value,value,value} where value is any number, range is either -1 (meaning auto calculate range) or some integer (afair).
also adding gems MUST happen after this line: https://github.com/warmist/dfhack/blob/master/plugins/rendermax/rendermax.lua#L209
if not they will be overwritten.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2013, 04:49:20 am »

addgems ("INORGANIC:DIAMOND",{0.6,0.6,0.6},{0.6,0.6,0.6},5) is ok?
 OR
addMaterial("INORGANIC:DIAMOND",{0.6,0.6,0.6},{0.6,0.6,0.6},5), which I used so far, but didnt work... but I can try in that different location you posted.

BTW, you example shows ADAMANTINE, which is the metal... did you mean RAW_ADAMANTINE, which is the mineral vein?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2013, 05:14:19 am »

addgems ("INORGANIC:DIAMOND",{0.6,0.6,0.6},{0.6,0.6,0.6},5) is ok?
 OR
addMaterial("INORGANIC:DIAMOND",{0.6,0.6,0.6},{0.6,0.6,0.6},5), which I used so far, but didnt work... but I can try in that different location you posted.

BTW, you example shows ADAMANTINE, which is the metal... did you mean RAW_ADAMANTINE, which is the mineral vein?
addMaterial thing. Also yes, that probably needs to be ALSO RAW_ADAMANTINE, because i wanted both stuff from adamantine and veins to be a bit glowy.

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2013, 02:11:43 pm »

Source is public as of all dfhack.

Thanks! I've been slammed with work this week, but I plan on messing around with the build this weekend.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2013, 10:11:11 pm »

OMG this plugin is amazing!  Dwarf Fortress just took Brogue out for dinner. :P

This link includes a compiled version for Mac using universal so it should run on most systems.
https://anonfiles.com/file/1b25f461a52c99a787ed8e0ea9c52615

Check out the sweetness on the Oblivion tile set.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2013, 10:42:26 pm »

Yep, its pretty sweet. I have to try and get some screenshots again.

Spoiler: 8 screens (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 12:18:21 am by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20