Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 394541 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Catsplosion]
« Reply #2340 on: October 04, 2013, 07:49:04 am »

You say that like it's a bad thing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: October 04, 2013, 07:51:04 am »

I just said that it has limited uses. A broader category like what flesh encompases is more flexible.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: October 04, 2013, 08:12:27 am »

Wing snake staff (of) control flesh should work, i made an iron ring that controlled fire using a similar method in the original.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: October 04, 2013, 08:15:05 am »

But it needs lot of words! And the staff I want to make has nothing to do with actual medicine and healing. Hell, I think that I will put Irros inside the mix too.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: October 04, 2013, 09:01:55 am »

To clarity I am more of a flesh craftier then a doctor but can serve as a doctor if you are A dying and dont care what happens as long as you live or B are Insane (So I can operate on everyone here) and last C want to become something more then any one believed you could, Maybe become a dragon as long as you can provide a dragons corpse and are willing to lay your life on the line for power.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2345 on: October 04, 2013, 09:23:07 am »

Wing snake staff (of) control flesh should work, i made an iron ring that controlled fire using a similar method in the original.
Control word allowed you to control every other MATERIAL used in the creation on the original.
Thus an iron ring of control fire would control both iron and fire, did you ever try to control iron with it? And controlling wings and that stuff wouldnt work there since it only allowed you to control materials and certain concepts.

Either ways, final combo of items:
Amulet/Necklace of Control what im thinking of: Control everything anywhere!
Ring of Dispel What Im Thinking of: Dispel any spells anywhere!
Ring of Drain What im thinking of: Drain life and magic and strenght and speed and lots more of stuff anywhere! (This is specially useful combined with the Necklace, drain will to make controlling easier!)

Make those three with a cool body, good stats and some other useful stuff (Living armor that can cast spells enhanced though will and words, weapons that inject weird stuff like ´´Liquid Crystal`` on enemy bodies) a cool base (For example a living tower or something) and some guards (Since armor and tower are living, if you know word to increase will you can make them control stuff too, and thus you would be able to control a infinite number of creatures, just imagine: You control two creatures. Those two creatures control four. Those four control eight. Since you control the two that control the four, you can order those two to order those four to order those eight to attack enemies) and you have won.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Catsplosion]'
« Reply #2346 on: October 04, 2013, 09:48:16 am »

Until someone discovers the word for "Invisible," does a "Pioncale [Invisible]," sneaks up to you, and gives a Myxidia hug.

Or an Irros hug. Either or.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: October 04, 2013, 10:00:03 am »

Control word allowed you to control every other MATERIAL used in the creation on the original.
Thus an iron ring of control fire would control both iron and fire, did you ever try to control iron with it? And controlling wings and that stuff wouldnt work there since it only allowed you to control materials and certain concepts.

Ring of Drain What im thinking of: Drain life and magic and strenght and speed and lots more of stuff anywhere! (This is specially useful combined with the Necklace, drain will to make controlling easier!)

Make those three with a cool body, good stats and some other useful stuff (Living armor that can cast spells enhanced though will and words, weapons that inject weird stuff like ´´Liquid Crystal`` on enemy bodies) a cool base (For example a living tower or something) and some guards (Since armor and tower are living, if you know word to increase will you can make them control stuff too, and thus you would be able to control a infinite number of creatures, just imagine: You control two creatures. Those two creatures control four. Those four control eight. Since you control the two that control the four, you can order those two to order those four to order those eight to attack enemies) and you have won.
*Bzzzt* wrong, what each item controls is or was reliant on spell formation.

Everything in the original was based off of the location of the word in the spell and not just its inclusion, thats why my piezo-electric staff controlled both electricity and crystal whereas my ring only controlled fire and why i ended up with a pair of mechanical bull arms instead of a mount.

Seriously, you gotta stop giving people bad advice and hating on derm... they both make me sad.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: October 04, 2013, 10:08:59 am »

Remember the time someone tried to make a bear that controlled flesh and bone?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: October 04, 2013, 10:10:48 am »

Yeah... it ended up chasing me, good times.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: October 04, 2013, 10:11:49 am »

It'd suck if "what I'm thinking of" didn't exist, now wouldn't it?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2351 on: October 04, 2013, 10:35:51 am »

It'd suck if "what I'm thinking of" didn't exist, now wouldn't it?
Oh well. What im pointing at works too. Because that one does actually exist, RIGHT?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: October 04, 2013, 04:21:48 pm »

Oh, oh oh! Now I have a little more knowledge!

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2353 on: October 04, 2013, 04:35:43 pm »

It would have worked if they added the word Magic to the mix.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: October 04, 2013, 04:46:43 pm »

It would have worked if they added the word Magic to the mix.
It would have worked if they added another control word, control bear control flesh would have likely given them a minion capable of detonating spleens.

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 198