Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Whispersships: A History of Insanity (Succession Game; Looking for Players!)  (Read 25012 times)

Tieranus

• Bay Watcher
  • There are only so many bees in a hive.
    • View Profile

Yeah, I'll go after bp.

I really don't like quantum stockpiling, expect for stone. It's little bit cheaty.

If we have a cassiterite, let's just start making bronze instead of copper.

Oh, I meant for just stone. Sorry, should have clarified. Everything else gets stockpiles.

Vinedragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll go after Matoro.

And then proceed to desecrate all of your BEAUTIFUL WELL THOUGHT OUT DESIGNS MUAHAHAHA

Snow Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I request a dwarf and a turn please!

Name: Snow.
Profession: Swordsdwarf.
"Wait why are there bone golems in my dinning room?"

Tieranus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll go after Matoro.

And then proceed to desecrate all of your BEAUTIFUL WELL THOUGHT OUT DESIGNS MUAHAHAHA
I request a dwarf and a turn please!

Name: Snow.
Profession: Swordsdwarf.

Done, and done! I think we'll give BP until Monday, at the latest, then skip to next player.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile

Oh boy! A succession game that no one will care when if I screw it all up! Can I be dorfed and have turn too?

Edit: Wow. those sentences sound exceedingly childish, but I can't think of a better way to say it. Oh well.

Tieranus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh boy! A succession game that no one will care when if I screw it all up! Can I be dorfed and have turn too?

Edit: Wow. those sentences sound exceedingly childish, but I can't think of a better way to say it. Oh well.

Yes, absolutely! All are welcome in this hellfort of doom. No worries about childish-ness, we're all good here.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

Ive got the save.

Importing now.

Also, in what style would you like me to write my narrative:

1. Mad Scientist
2. Ruthless Overseer
3. Shellshocked Veteran
4. Religious Zealot (nutjob)
5. Evil Overlord
6. Trans-Dimensional Organizer
7. Stranded Spaceship Captain
8. Secret Agent Sent by the King/Queen (whatever we have)

Or, propose a style that's entertaining (and one that i can actually emulate).

You've got 24 hours until my narrative goes up (doing a lot of organizing, getting to know the fort, labor reorganization, military selection, etc. All the boring stuff that doesn't need a lot of exposition).

Oh man, ive got a lot of work to do.

* bp920091 cracks his knuckles and gets to work.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 12:36:06 am by bp920091 »
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

I really don't like quantum stockpiling, expect for stone. It's little bit cheaty.

I use many methods for overseeing forts that strike many as... cheaty, if not completely impossible.

Im not using danger rooms, but with that exception, anything that i can do without using any 3rd party tools (other than dwarf therapist, and im not using the "Enable child labor" option), ill probably be doing.

Impulse lifts, waterfall reactors, happiness generators, magma railguns, mental shattering, the list goes on and on... All viable in Vanilla DF
I must make a note to buy some cats from traders at the next opportunity and see if I can chain up a breeding pair someplace clean. Having kittens wandering the hallways will be a good way of identifying patches of paralytic poison that still need to be taken care of.

Tieranus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ive got the save.

Importing now.

1. Mad Scientist
2. Ruthless Overseer
3. Shellshocked Veteran
5. Evil Overlord

You've got 24 hours until my narrative goes up (doing a lot of organizing, getting to know the fort, labor reorganization, military selection, etc. All the boring stuff that doesn't need a lot of exposition).

Whatever you want to do, really. I went with crazy because of the other two embarks, so just do whatever character you feel like.

I am excited to see what happens!

I use many methods for overseeing forts that strike many as... cheaty, if not completely impossible.

Im not using danger rooms, but with that exception, anything that i can do without using any 3rd party tools (other than dwarf therapist, and im not using the "Enable child labor" option), ill probably be doing.

Impulse lifts, waterfall reactors, happiness generators, magma railguns, mental shattering, the list goes on and on... All viable in Vanilla DF

I'm fine with these, but if anyone else has objections, we can put it to a vote.

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ive got the save.

Importing now.

1. Mad Scientist
2. Ruthless Overseer
3. Shellshocked Veteran
5. Evil Overlord

Whatever you want to do, really. I went with crazy because of the other two embarks, so just do whatever character you feel like.

I am excited to see what happens!

I'm fine with these, but if anyone else has objections, we can put it to a vote.
As a scientist, perpetual motion machines both make me gag and laugh.

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

I happened to have a 8 sided dice next to my desk and i rolled a 5.

Evil Overlord it is!

Im mostly designing/refining labor tonight, so no actual updates (expect some tomorrow), along with intro flavor text.

Kourne

• Bay Watcher
  • Hole in beach digger
    • View Profile

I foresee working coming dorf!Kourne's way. Mental shattering work... Oh well, sooner or later we will all go crazy here anyway.

As to your first year Tieranus, I enjoyed reading your bee filled madness, though I am still unsure if the elf blood is a curse or a blessing by armok.

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I foresee working coming dorf!Kourne's way. Mental shattering work... Oh well, sooner or later we will all go crazy here anyway.

As to your first year Tieranus, I enjoyed reading your bee filled madness, though I am still unsure if the elf blood is a curse or a blessing by armok.

Can it be used to give sieges nasty stomach aches and annoy traders to no end?

bp920091

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Organizer
    • View Profile

Come on, mental shattering isnt that bad.

Emotions are necissary for most dwarves to fit into society. Most, not all. The defenders of the fortress, seeing noneuclidian horrors, fighting zombies and witnessing their friends die around them in horrific ways.

Now, you tell me, for someone whose entire future is going to be about that, what is the harm in making them no longer able to feel sadness. They can still feel happiness...

Still, i dont know exactly what im going to do with the military. I usually have a 3 stage program for them, but it involves danger rooms, and it ends up producing near demigods (perfect in near every way).

enolate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Come on, mental shattering isnt that bad.

Emotions are necissary for most dwarves to fit into society. Most, not all. The defenders of the fortress, seeing noneuclidian horrors, fighting zombies and witnessing their friends die around them in horrific ways.

Now, you tell me, for someone whose entire future is going to be about that, what is the harm in making them no longer able to feel sadness. They can still feel happiness...

Still, i dont know exactly what im going to do with the military. I usually have a 3 stage program for them, but it involves danger rooms, and it ends up producing near demigods (perfect in near every way).

I rather hoped our fortress did not resort to burning off skin and fat. "No skin - no senses!" That sort of attitude is unnerving.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16