Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Outlands RTD [~Interlude: Lock and Key~]  (Read 23475 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Outlands RTD [Prologue: Nobody Said We Had To Bring Lunch]
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2013, 05:19:33 pm »

"Sounds like a plan!" Halfred is already thinking of ways to exaggerate this story. He starts walking northeast, then pauses and turns around.

"Um, I'd like those couple days' supplies first."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2013, 05:27:50 pm »

Voss smiled a bit unpleasantly, said "Wait right here," and returned not long after with a pair of soldiers carrying satchels.

Quick inspection revealed them to contain some sort of hard bread, crackers, a bit of jerky, and a nice, large waterskin.

Not exactly gourmet, but certainly should keep you from starving or dying of thirst for a bit out there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2013, 05:33:28 pm »

"Hmm, tasty."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2013, 05:53:25 pm »

"Thanks!" Halfred takes the rations.

"So! Ready to head-y out?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2013, 05:54:14 pm »

"Aye, let's get to killing demons."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2013, 06:00:50 pm »

"Excellent! Forward...march!"

Halfred begins marching northeast.
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2013, 06:02:53 pm »

From here.

What in th- This is very muchly a con. And everyone's falling for it. "Six days rations for risking life and limb, something expected, but then what about survi-" ...Oh great.

Catherine looked at the rest before continuing.

"Ahem. Sorry. Small question. I mean, if we find anything not bolted down or possessed by any of our people, it is free for the taking? I mean, the rations for lives doesn't bode quite well with me, but that may be just my culture back at my home. What about medical supply or any of those sorts which sustain our...health?"

Hold off asking for diseases and the like later. Must word this right. I don't like him. And the smile.

ASK!

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2013, 06:34:09 pm »

"If I may make a suggestion, I can use my powers to help locate our quarry, and avoid enemy patrols.  To that end, I would suggest I scout slightly ahead of the main group."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2013, 06:38:13 pm »

"Excellent! Do so!"
Sig

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2013, 06:41:16 pm »

"Very well."

Range slightly ahead of the group, using a wolf's keen senses to detect nearby demons.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2013, 06:42:04 pm »

Part from the group and continue on a few hundred feet ahead and to the left.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2013, 08:14:07 pm »

Turn 0: First Contact

From here.

What in th- This is very muchly a con. And everyone's falling for it. "Six days rations for risking life and limb, something expected, but then what about survi-" ...Oh great.

Catherine looked at the rest before continuing.

"Ahem. Sorry. Small question. I mean, if we find anything not bolted down or possessed by any of our people, it is free for the taking? I mean, the rations for lives doesn't bode quite well with me, but that may be just my culture back at my home. What about medical supply or any of those sorts which sustain our...health?"

Hold off asking for diseases and the like later. Must word this right. I don't like him. And the smile.

ASK!
Voss fixes you with an even more unpleasant smile.

"With some exceptions, the Red Wastes are your orchard," he says mock-graciously.

"As for the value of your lives in wheat grain, I suppose that depends on how valuable your lives really are to anyone, doesn't it? And that, in turn, depends on how long you can survive the Wastes without medical supplies."

He's now smiling very broadly, his lips parted just slightly to reveal some teeth.

"Very well."

Range slightly ahead of the group, using a wolf's keen senses to detect nearby demons.
[5+2-2] You move ahead of the group, snuffling the air and ground for any demons nearby. This whole place smells like... well, like demons, you suppose. Or maybe just demonic taint, or death, or arid corrupted desert.

However, you do eventually get a scent that's different from the unpleasant earth and dusty wind. It takes some finding, but you manage to lead your team around until you catch them.

A trio of soldier demons. Their posture is like great hulking apes, with pot bellies and rotund chins. Their eyes, claws, teeth, and horns are pure black, while their skin is a slightly dark red. Immediately upon noticing the group, they begin barreling towards you.

+2 Wolf Animism

Part from the group and continue on a few hundred feet ahead and to the left.
You wander a few hundred feet into the desert. There's nothing but cracked red earth here.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Outlands RTD [Turn 0: First Contact]
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2013, 08:15:50 pm »

Draw one of the demons away from the group.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2013, 08:22:53 pm »

Draw upon the speed of the wolf, and lunge at the closest one with my spear.

cattouchdis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2013, 08:26:57 pm »

Summon some zombies to attack the demons, and (If we are technically outside haven) have one sneak off and make some potions that I can sell off later.
Game I'm running: Get your Mad Scientist laboratory back, Currantly at Turn 5
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16