Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 70

Author Topic: The Lonely Prince: He Who Shall Serve  (Read 191015 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

ii can replace imn but will be pfp until day end
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

WUBADUB, why are you trying to help Griffionday instead of, oh, let's say, lynch him/her with extreme prejudice? That's where your vote is, anyway.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

WUBADUB, why are you trying to help Griffionday instead of, oh, let's say, lynch him/her with extreme prejudice? That's where your vote is, anyway.
Because if she can actually make an efficient case, then even in death, she contributed something. And if she's scum, then she's doing a poor job of that too. The whole point is that she should do better, regardless of her alignment, she shouldn't continue doing things that make her look bad.

To shove with full force is foolish. I am indeed saying she is the most optimal candidate to lynch, but that does not mean she has no chance of fighting back. Do you not believe that there's enough pressure on her?

Is there some sort of reason we cannot allow others the chance to redeem themselves? That's the sort of reasoning scum would use to simply tunnel any mistake made into oblivion. And the point isn't to continually pursue someone until they die. That's following the same faulty reasoning Griffionday is using, Jim. The point is that she's being given a warning: Do better or prepare to be lynched. I am prepared to lynch her, but I am still giving her a chance. Is there anything wrong with that?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: The Lonely Prince, Day One: A Prince walks into a bar. . .
« Reply #243 on: August 18, 2013, 07:01:04 pm »

PFP @Griffionday: as far as I can tell your new answer on the aggressive apology contradicts your old one.  Previously you said you weren't only paying attention to him, now you're saying you were but it's ok because he's scum.

Still not gettin other point, NQT is scum with town wincon??

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 18, 2013, 07:12:17 pm »

PFP @Griffionday: as far as I can tell your new answer on the aggressive apology contradicts your old one.  Previously you said you weren't only paying attention to him, now you're saying you were but it's ok because he's scum.

Still not gettin other point, NQT is scum with town wincon??
Er... That's not a good reason... At all. What is up with you, Leafsnail?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 18, 2013, 07:22:42 pm »

Huh?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 18, 2013, 07:42:22 pm »

I'm replacing RangerCado.

I'll reread the thread sometime, then post sometime later.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 18, 2013, 07:45:07 pm »

Huh?
One, your post is horribly worded. Two, what is wrong with scum with town wincon?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 18, 2013, 07:49:46 pm »

Sagacious Princess ZU

Good to hear. When you do post, a little word on what you thought of Ranger's play or cases would be good.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 18, 2013, 08:02:17 pm »

Sagacious Princess ZU

Good to hear. When you do post, a little word on what you thought of Ranger's play or cases would be good.
Why? That player no longer exists. Judging a player he's replacing does what for us?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 18, 2013, 08:08:08 pm »

Why? That player no longer exists. Judging a player he's replacing does what for us?
When someone replaces in, it's important to know if they stand by their predecessors actions. If they don't, then we can take from that that the previous cases were idiosyncratic to the player filling the slot. If they do stand by the previous acts, then we can more easily attribute the cases pursued by both players of a slot as flowing from that slot's specific alignment. And if it's a dodgy case then we have greater grounds for judging the replacement player.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 18, 2013, 08:13:55 pm »

Wording is PFP, but it seems clear enough to me.  If you understand what Gday is getting at with his bizarre wincon argument then tell me because I don't get it at all.  It seems to amount to a circular argument presented in a needlessly confusing way.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 18, 2013, 08:16:34 pm »

Like, "NQT knows the town wincon, which proves that he is a mafia member who knows the town wincon"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 18, 2013, 08:21:58 pm »

When someone replaces in, it's important to know if they stand by their predecessors actions. If they don't, then we can take from that that the previous cases were idiosyncratic to the player filling the slot. If they do stand by the previous acts, then we can more easily attribute the cases pursued by both players of a slot as flowing from that slot's specific alignment. And if it's a dodgy case then we have greater grounds for judging the replacement player.
The same could be said of any player's actions then, and not merely the predecessor's. Nothing about that case is unique to the player replacing.

Like, "NQT knows the town wincon, which proves that he is a mafia member who knows the town wincon"
That's just a stupid argument on his part. He fell into that trap by himself. However, the point is that even scum can know the Town's wincon, so it proves nothing. As proof that I can easily obtain the wincon of Town:

Vector: What is the Town's wincon verbatim?

That being said, his case is still terrible, and I think he should really rethink it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 18, 2013, 08:28:51 pm »

Also, I meant she in all places of he. Because we're all ladies. Pretty ladies. With flowers.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 70