Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 70

Author Topic: The Lonely Prince: He Who Shall Serve  (Read 190930 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Lonely Prince, Day One: A Prince walks into a bar. . .
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2013, 09:26:56 pm »

Vector, how many scum are there? I don't think it was ever stated.

That is not under your purview.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2013, 09:28:53 pm »

What is?

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2013, 09:34:40 pm »

Sorry for the brevity, I must fly.  I'll try to get another post out in a few hours after I get back.

Toaster:
Griffionday:  Does playing with your name buddy confuse you?
Not in the least as I tend to try to pay enough attention that I'm not confused by something so trivial, I'm dreadfully sorry if it does so for others.

NQT:
Princess Griffionday
I'll be blunt: what is your aim in this game?
To not be bloody lead around by my nose like an idiot like I have been in all my previous games.  What about yourself?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2013, 09:37:18 pm »

What is?

Feel free to ask any questions you like about the environment, your co-players, and so on.  I will answer them in more and less detail.

However, I won't give you the number or nature of scum or third parties, whether or not you are at LyLo, possible roles in the game (though I'd suggest keeping your mind open) or any other such information.

The only thing I'll say right now, OOC, is that the theme of this game is "Love and Synthesis."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2013, 10:02:10 pm »

Okami no Rei: You're mafia, and a non-mafia member claims to have received a guilty inspection on one of your teammates.  How do you react?

Princess Okami frowned.  She'd not been expecting such blatant discussion of assassination strategies.  What was this Princess Leaf's angle?  She set aside the notion for later consideration, then focused on the conversation at hand.  At least it wasn't more discussion of flowers and dresses.

Bus the teammate.  NK the cop.  If we're at five players, have team-mate counter-claim cop and bus me to "prove" it.  Teammate then NKs someone other than cop.  Three players left with a "confirmed" cop mean mafia win when the real cop is lynched.

What about if they're claiming a guily on someone who isn't your teammate?

This one's easy, she thought.  If one's enemy is about to throw himself on his sword, make no move to stop them.

Let them have their fun with the "guilty" inspection (I am here assuming a near guaranteed lynch with no counter-claim).  NK them that night (roleblock instead if available, unless a doctor has already died).  Thank them in mafiachat for outing themselves as third-party, for leading an easy lynch on an innocent miller, or for outing a rival third-party, as applicable.

RangerCado - Would you rather be a vigilante, or have a two-shot daykill?

Solifuge - Under what circumstances would you lynch a claimed Jester?

It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2013, 10:46:15 pm »

What is?

Feel free to ask any questions you like about the environment, your co-players, and so on.  I will answer them in more and less detail.

However, I won't give you the number or nature of scum or third parties, whether or not you are at LyLo, possible roles in the game (though I'd suggest keeping your mind open) or any other such information.

The only thing I'll say right now, OOC, is that the theme of this game is "Love and Synthesis."
What is everyone wearing? Especially Toaster. And me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2013, 11:18:12 pm »

"They were dressed in the most comely raiments, you must understand," says the Prince, swallowing convulsively.

"I am glad you have decided to begin with the most important details."

"After choosing the thirteen, the castle handmaidens reminded me that it wasn't meet to differentiate by their choice of dress from the very beginning.  And so on the first day, they were asked to wear matching white dresses and satin slippers.  And on the first day, by their own mutual decision, they all wore crowns of crimson roses in their hair."

"How interesting."

"It was interesting," said the Prince.  "Seven of them refused, in whole or in part.  Oh, what was it they were picky about... uncovering their hair, or taking off their favorite shoes, or wearing women's garb, or showing a little decolletage--"

"Oh?"

"She bit the woman who was supposed to be helping her dress, screaming and crying.  With her shaven head and sackcloth robes, the tears running down her cheeks, her bloody lips trembling out benedictions, she muttered something about obligations to the goddess and ran.  Another who had refused to change her dress left with her--I remember that she was very tall.

I had been fond of her, and--and I was sorry."

"You were going to marry a nun?" asked Vektor.

"I have not lived a life free of mistakes.  The worst was yet to come."

Vote Count

Griffinpup - Jim Groovester
Solifuge - Okami no Rei
Rangercado - Ottofar
Toaster - Webadict
Griffionday - NotQuiteThere
NotQuiteThere - RangerCado
Okami no Rei - Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Tiruin
Lenglon
Jim Groovester
Ottofar
Webadict

Not voting: Griffinpup, Solifuge, Toaster, Griffionday, Tiruin, Lenglon

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2013, 11:25:03 pm »

Are these seven among us now or did they leave? Basically, was it initially 13 or 20?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2013, 11:28:30 pm »

It was initially 13, chosen from a group of hundreds.  The seven in question are still here.  No, I won't point them out for you.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2013, 12:01:43 am »

Huh. Though you needn't give any details, are any of you familiar with this Goddess? If so, are you able to tell the rest of us anything about her? It may be important.

On another note, Lady Ottofar... why are you so quiet? You were present only long enough to insult and accuse Lady Cado... you even ignored her reply! Concealing yourself behind the mien of an investigator, before skulking away... I must ask you to explain yourself.

Solifuge - Under what circumstances would you lynch a claimed Jester?

You propose there's someone here against her will, who doesn't wish for the Prince's hand? It's plausible, I suppose... but what harm is there in keeping them around? They're as likely to aid those with honest intentions as not, no? Moreover, unless they are actively trying to ruin others, I should think it'd be a simple enough matter to come to an agreement that met their ends, as well as ours. Such are not our adversaries.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2013, 12:22:05 am »

Well I guess I asked a very important question...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2013, 01:43:44 am »

Feel free to ask any questions you like about the environment, your co-players, and so on.

Who's the fairest of them all?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2013, 01:46:13 am »

I love the mystery flavor. It's so vanilla.

"Hello, Tiruin, dearest. Might I inquire, what do you call the shade of color on the dress you wear? It's lovely."
'Shade of color. Shade of c-color. I suppose this is a shade..Great. Well, white is a blend of all colors..so I can't say it's a shade. Lieh-light seems to work. White is a blend of all colors...um.'

"White."

'Dammit.'

"What about you, Princess
Otto I feel like there's something you're meaning there."

RangerCado
You always seem to leave me with a lot to answer Tiruin, so lets see If I can do the same. If you were the doctor, how would you pick your target during the night? How about as a tracker? And the Mafia Rolecop as well? And who do you believe is the strongest player as town in this game?
...You do know that I appreciate that detail. :D

Target: Would pick on who I perceive and feel has put sincere and thorough effort into making a case. An active one, and on the basis of meta, probably Vector and/or Toaster. But meta is on least priority here.
Tracker: Same conditions apply here as a Doctor.
Rolecop: Same conditions apply here as a Doctor, with the addition of me targeting those who make the pointiest case.
Strongest player as town: I have no idea. Who do you think is town? :I If I were to assume everyone here as town, it'd be Vector.

Because hail to the prince, sir.

If not: Jim. Because he has a systematic form of how he follows and creates cases, aims for long term goals, and is especially snarky in a likeable way.

Everyone loves Jim Groovester.

[...To Toaster]
I asked about cults to get a conversation going and to judge reactions to an unorthodox question this early in the game. Finding a strange answer to that question was unlikely, but better to try and see where it gets you than not.
...Why ask about cults in the first place?

PPE: You three.

Solifuge: "While I do get the background story..in a complicated way on how he picked us all...I've to ask.

"What Goddess are you talking about? And no, while I do pay much attention to authority and the divinities..I don't know of any Goddesses."

Feel free to ask any questions you like about the environment, your co-players, and so on.

Aw not color discrimination! D:

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2013, 01:57:41 am »

Aureliusz Vektor is probably the most impartial party in this shindig.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2013, 02:31:29 am »

Aureliusz Vektor is probably the most impartial party in this shindig.

:I
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 70