Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: C.O.R.E. Wars - On hiatus until further notice  (Read 49868 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: C.O.R.E. Wars - the dwarf, the giant and the robot
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2013, 08:36:38 am »

Hm, high volcanic activity (and hence geothermal power) plus metal deposits...TH 965-966 e-a sounds pretty good. We're basically robots, without organic needs or whatever, correct?

"Indeed. We do however transport organic matter in the cargo bay, but there is no explicit need to use it."

// The on-board manufactory also doubles as a small cloning facility, but humans are much more resource dependent than robots, as well all know.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2013, 08:36:59 am »

MINE THE PHOSPHOROUS GAS GIANT

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2013, 08:38:31 am »

Hm...

Land on TH 965-966 e-a and begin setting up a colony. (We can set up colonies elsewhere later, correct?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2013, 08:42:15 am »

Semicour 3 (TH 965-966 e-a) - x1
TH-965-966 c - x1

// Not to be picky or anything, it's essentially your game, all things told, but why would you want to mine (this being the first problem in and of itself) something that doesn't even have anything noteworthy on it? (unless you meant one of its moons, in which case I take that back)
// Bay 12, your logic is surprising at times. But I figured that the moment I registered here.

Hm...

Land on TH 965-966 e-a and begin setting up a colony. (We can set up colonies elsewhere later, correct?

// Yes. For all I care you can even visit the previous systems like ROAN-44.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2013, 08:44:23 am »

((How would you even mine a gas giant? You don't need a pick, you need a vacuum cleaner!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2013, 08:47:04 am »

((How would you even mine a gas giant? You don't need a pick, you need a vacuum cleaner!))

//under the massive amounts of gas, there's a core made thanks to glorious application of gravity. exotic minerals, ho!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2013, 08:49:14 am »

((It's a bit more complex than that, but: How would you even get that deep? There's kinda a lot of gas on top...))
Sig

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2013, 08:49:35 am »

//under the massive amounts of gas, there's a core made thanks to glorious application of gravity. exotic minerals, ho!

// In my opinion you would get said minerals easier, in bigger amounts and with more efficiency on any other moon or planet, but if more people are going to agree with you, I'm not going to argue.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2013, 08:59:49 am »

/detonate gas giant
/mine resulting debris field
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2013, 09:01:32 am »

/detonate gas giant

you. i like your style. you will be my favorite core from now on. +1.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2013, 09:02:04 am »

/detonate gas giant
1. Which gas giant?
2. No.
Sig

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2013, 09:10:36 am »

Maybe.  What composition is this gas giant?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2013, 09:13:23 am »

// How would you even want to detonate it? You don't have any explosive ordnance. (not yet)
// And even if you did, you would need no less than Death Star's ion cannon to complete annihilate a planet.

Maybe.  What composition is this gas giant?

"Primarily phosphorus, but also nitrogen, methane and noble gases. The core is silicate."

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2013, 09:16:52 am »

alright so:

-we probably need noble gases to make an ion cannon (go suck some up now)
-silicates will be needed later when we're building automatic things, so leave them be for a moment
-methane is evil and needs to be destroyed
-to destroy methane, we need an ion cannon, and we're not going to mine minerals which aren't exploded -> land on the ice giant and build a planet-based ion cannon from what we have there

i think we have a good compromise here
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8