Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: C.O.R.E. Wars - On hiatus until further notice  (Read 49846 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
C.O.R.E. Wars - On hiatus until further notice
« on: June 29, 2013, 02:28:35 pm »

Has nothing to do with the actual Corewars game
FOR THOSE WAITING FOR THIS

That however does not mean I'm giving up on idea of making a forum game based on a GYWE concept.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I do know that it's just straight up ripped from this, but it's not the lore that matters in this suggestion game.

=
// - OOC talk and descriptions.
/? - Metagame questions. (next actions)
=

/ Requesting network connection...
/ Success!
/ Loading introduction protocols...
/ Success!

"Welcome, C.O.R.E. 3790-X/A. You are now part of the new generation of combat executives, designed to be efficient, versatile and relentless by providing you with multiple independent intelligence cores. The quantity of cores is stated in your serial file."
// Intelligence cores being any players willing to participate in this suggestion game. Any text like this is basically meant to be an OCC talk. While not required, I highly suggest using that in your posts as well to make it easier to tell IC and OCC text apart.
"You have been designed as a field executable, meant to create and destroy - you are not bound by any rules, you have the freedom of choice for your strategy. You will be sent into a designated combat zone, and will be supplied with basic resources to begin your operations immediately. Good luck, commander. This was Chief Commander Simon Entale, logging out."

/ Operation request received. Proceed?
"3790-X/A, please input target coordinates."
/ Loading space coordinate list...
/? What star system are we looking for? Size, amount of suns and planets, average activity etc. Note that we may not find the exact most desired one, in which case I'll show the three closest results and give you guys a choice. (I'm not actually making any actual search, that's just me adding some "character" to the questions.

// The overview of the ship we're in (provided by cameras). Face - C.O.R.E. 3790-X/A (which you can call however the hell you want). Tiles around us - consoles and computers. Four rooms below us - cargo bays with resources that we've been given. More info on that once we arrive at our target location, whatever that may be. The room on the other end of the ship contains more consoles and computers.

UNIT/WHATEVER OVERVIEW (TURN #0)
Spoiler: C.O.R.E. (click to show/hide)

// So yeah, that's it. If you want to participate, answer the question above and you will be added to the list of active intelligence cores (or players, whatever). 3 votes are needed for a given choice to become "valid" (value is subject to change).
// This might be basically like Military Design Bureau in space. Kind of. Maybe. Dunno. Never played.
// For all I care this might even turn into a one-man-army style game, or a grand scale strategy. But for now it's probably DF-like.
// I'll post shortly before making an update on this so that you can still give suggestions or support for other suggestions, but don't leave that kind of stuff for the last minute.
// I SWEAR I forgot about something, but it's probably just me being paranoid. Sorry for that.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 08:09:22 am by DarkDXZ »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

An ASG? I didn't realize other ones existed.

Two suns, several planets including a couple gas giants and at least one world (planet/moon/etc) with significant amounts of water on the surface in liquid and/or solid form.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

ASG? Um...
(damn you with your English acronyms, unless that's airsoft gun you're talking about somehow)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

ASCII Suggestion Game. Based on the acronym Illustrated Suggestion Game.
There's about two that I'm aware of, and I'm posting in one of them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Two suns, several planets including a couple gas giants and at least one world (planet/moon/etc) with significant amounts of water on the surface in liquid and/or solid form.
I mostly approve of this though I'd rather only have one sun. And I prefer at least one world with significant water ice coverage and minimal liquid water.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No suns. Two planets orbiting a rogue gas giant on the verge of collapsing into a sun, however, and a dense field of asteroids between the three.

//edit: i know you're asking for star systems. no. you will not get star systems. i feel it's more interesting this way, seeing we've got a giant red herring in the middle of it all.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 04:14:42 pm by LordSlowpoke »

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Two stars rotating each other with several close planets substantial amounts of liquid water.  A sizable and rich asteroid field, and several gas giants around the outskirts of the solar system.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No suns. Two planets orbiting a rogue gas giant on the verge of collapsing into a sun, however, and a dense field of asteroids between the three.

//edit: i know you're asking for star systems. no. you will not get star systems. i feel it's more interesting this way, seeing we've got a giant red herring in the middle of it all.
Change my vote to this
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

/Review stellar system
/pending...
Spoiler: data file (click to show/hide)
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

/ Browsing stelllar systems database...
/ No results were found!
/? Show the closest results or search again?
// The universe hates you, unfortunately. No worries, I'm not sadistic. Well, for the most part.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

/delete stellar database
/engage paper-clip cartography assistant
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

/delete stellar database
/engage paper-clip cartography assistant

// Not sure how to react to this...
/Review stellar system
/pending...
Spoiler: data file (click to show/hide)

// Or this, for that matter. Stop being so vague, RAM!

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

show closest result

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

// (you can always search again for the same kind of system, but I doubt it'd work)

Spoiler: TH 965-966 Semicour (click to show/hide)

/? Initiate FTL jump to that system?

// I take no responsibility for the inevitable scientific inaccuracy of my content.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

//show second and third closest results.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8