Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: C.O.R.E. Wars - On hiatus until further notice  (Read 49871 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: HZ-322 Meuds (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ROAN-44 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 12:34:07 pm by DarkDXZ »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

>initiate FTL jump to TH 965-966 Semicour.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

>making an FTL jump
>other cores do not agree

// J/K, but on a more serious note, you'd need more players to agree on that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Initiate Jump to Any Star System
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

// In other words, +1 to everything?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

More "+1 to whatever has the highest vote count at the time of the voting," but either way.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

More "+1 to whatever has the highest vote count at the time of the voting," but either way.

So right now it's +2 for Semicour. (and technically 0 to anything else)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No jumps allowed. Fire up the regular engines and fly to ROAN-44.

//we will need an emergency ftl jump sooner or later and i just know it'll break down when we arrive

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

+1

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

No jumps allowed. Fire up the regular engines and fly to ROAN-44.

//we will need an emergency ftl jump sooner or later and i just know it'll break down when we arrive

// Not to be picky or anything, but by the time we would get there the normal way the C.O.R.E. Wars (as an event, not as a game) would be probably over...But if you choose to be so and people, then so be it.

// EDIT: It's +3 for Semicour right now, which qualifies it as a valid choice. I'm giving you guys 10 more minutes to eventually change your mind. (since 4 out of 6 people have decided at the moment, and I doubt that anyone new would join)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 01:32:33 pm by DarkDXZ »

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile

jump to ROAN-44
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

/ Initiating FTL drive...
/ Initiating FTL jump to TH 965-966 Semicour. Estimated travel time - 25 shortcycles. // 25 minutes.

/ Loading trivia program...
/ Success!

"The name of TH 965-966 Semicour comes from a portmanteau of Semigalia and Courland - two historical regions of a former country on Earth, Latvia.

The previous time system consisting of seconds, minutes, hours, days, months and years has been replaced with the system of pulsecycles, shortcycles, cycles, turns, longturns and starturns.  However, light-years are still called light-years, but certain C.O.R.E.s have adapted them to the new system and name them starcycles instead."

/? While the ship is jumping, what do you do?

UNIT/WHATEVER OVERVIEW (TURN #1)
Spoiler: C.O.R.E. (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: F.I.S.T. (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 02:17:13 pm by DarkDXZ »

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Consider the viability of energy shield generaters and the manufacturing capabilities of our current ship.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

Consider the viability of energy shield generaters and the manufacturing capabilities of our current ship.

"The shield generators are capable of withstanding moderate fire from average-power laser weapons, but provide little protection against ballistic missiles with energy-piercing warheads.

F.I.S.T. has basic on-board manufactory located in the rearer end, allowing for creation of basic components such as electronic circuits, cables, small power sources and low-caliber weapons and tools. It is highly advised to construct more advanced facilities in the landing location."

// That's the ship AI voice by the way.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What are the energy requirements of various weapons and defenses, F.I.S.T.? Also, how do we generate energy?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8