Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: Shadowrun - Chapter 2 Prologue: A Bit of a Situation  (Read 32333 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun - Chapter 1: Smash and Grab
« Reply #195 on: July 15, 2013, 06:30:18 pm »

Check out his office.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 15, 2013, 06:31:06 pm »

Guinevere nods. "I'll see if my magic works inside, they might be dangerous."

She casts the Detect Enemy spell, to try and see if those auras that Hakron detected might be hostile.
I need to put something interesting here.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 15, 2013, 08:27:24 pm »

Check if there's a security system I can crack in to, if not, pull out assault rifle and a flash bang, get to one side of the door and get ready to breach

"Are they Friendly unnatural auras, or are we talking like, insect spirit auras? I dont do spooky voodoo stuff"
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:27:09 am by warhammer651 »
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 15, 2013, 08:30:32 pm »

"Working on it. Ten nuyen says they're not friendly, though."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 15, 2013, 08:32:41 pm »

Go up and take control of the buildings security system, and take a look around the building with the cameras.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 15, 2013, 10:37:34 pm »

"Right. Let's get ready for a fight."

Hand out a flashbang to anyone who needs it, then prep my own assault rifle and flashbang and get next to the door in a breaching position.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 18, 2013, 07:45:46 pm »

those auras that Hakron detected
I assume you mean Mos, because Hakron is not awakened and therefor cannot sense auras.

Try assensing the auras.
Most of the things in that room could barely be called alive. As far as you can tell, these are stationary machines with organic parts, and they're manipulating the flow of mana. You think you've found the source of the mana drain.
The rest of the auras that aren't mostly machine are still definitely magical, but you can't identify what species these creatures are, if they even are a documented species...
As far as you can tell, there are three creatures in the next room that can actually move, and they are all very much enraged.
She casts the Detect Enemy spell
Again, any time you want to cast a spell, please give me the force of said spell. Spell force can be anywhere from 1 to 2x your MAG. Force is important for all spells because it usually determines the range of said spell, as well as damage for combat spells, and it's used in calculating spell drain.
You can tell that there is nothing in that room that has directly hostile intentions towards you. Nothing in there is trying to trap or ambush you.

Check if there's a security system I can crack in to, if not, pull out assault rifle and a flash bang, get to one side of the door and get ready to breach
The security is down on this floor, as with the two previous floors you were on. You don't think you can break into something that's shut down, so you ready yourself for a breach.
Hand out a flashbang to anyone who needs it, then prep my own assault rifle and flashbang and get next to the door in a breaching position.
After handing flashbangs to anyone who didn't already have them, you take up a breaching position across from Tom.

Go up and take control of the buildings security system, and take a look around the building with the cameras.
You fly back up the tube, reaching the third floor and finding the security console. After reactivating the security system and taking control, you notice that all of the basement's cameras are non-functional. In fact, the entire basement has dropped off the security grid. Looking at the upper floors, however, you notice Boomer rummaging around in the Head researcher's office, and a whole lot of CorpSec coming up to his location.

Check out his office.
It just looks like any normal exec's office. Desks, filing cabinets, pictures of family... Is that a Barghest bobblehead? They're not exactly cute things to make bobbleheads out of...
Anyway, any physical research he had would probably be in the filing cabinets. As for data, that would be in his personal commlink, which is probably in his head, seeing as how you can't find one in the room or on his person.
Those footsteps are getting pretty close. It's probably time to finish up and get the hell out.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 18, 2013, 07:59:51 pm »

"Nalmar, I got the head researcher unconscious in his office. I'm pretty sure his comm is implanted, is there anything I can do to destroy the data?"

Is there an exit from the room other than the ceiling or front door?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 18, 2013, 08:03:45 pm »

"This is...odd. There's some machines with organic parts, manipulating the flow of mana. Clever. In addition, there's three paracritters who are not happy, and may well take out their unhappiness by devouring us. I can't see anything else helpful, so they could be just about anything from hellpups or pygmy eyekillers to cyborg basilisks or dragons. Let's tread carefully."

Point my gun at the door and fire at anything hostile within, should the door be opened or broken down or something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 18, 2013, 08:20:06 pm »

Nalmar quickly contacted Boomer,

"You got quite a few people coming your way that would love to put a bullet through your head, I'll see what I can do to slow them down but you need to get outta there. As for the comm, you need to remove it or destroy ... if you have any explosives to spare put them on him and rig them ... the job comes first."

If there are any blastdoors in CorpSec's way close them, if there are sprinklers or the like in the hallway turn them on, just do anything in general to slow or annoy them.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 18, 2013, 08:22:33 pm »

"I can do that. I thought we where supposed to keep casualties to a minimum, though."

((What explosives am I carrying, if any?))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 18, 2013, 08:24:32 pm »

"We are but in this case its either him, or a handful of guards and you."

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 18, 2013, 08:30:23 pm »

((Sorry, Allee, I'll remember next time.))

Guinevere listens to Mos' statement.
"Well, they may not be happy, but I don't think they will kill us immediately, if my spell is to be believed." She pulls out her Ares Predator, walking over to the door.

She casts Clairvoyance at a strength of 7, to see what those enraged creatures exactly are. "I'd like to take a look before we go in and shut the machines down, though."
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 08:36:48 pm by Gamerboy4life »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 18, 2013, 08:36:37 pm »

"I'm not ao certain. You used Detect Enemies?"
Sig

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 18, 2013, 08:38:10 pm »

Guinevere nods. "Yes- they're not inherently hostile towards us in particular." She shrugs, continuing. "Doesn't mean they won't attack us though- so I'd still be careful."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22