Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: Shadowrun - Chapter 2 Prologue: A Bit of a Situation  (Read 32364 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun - Chapter 1: Smash and Grab
« Reply #165 on: July 09, 2013, 02:25:10 am »

So, where am I then?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 09, 2013, 03:26:58 am »

Finish off the guards with the axe, taking out the most wounded first.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 09, 2013, 06:18:13 am »

So, where am I then?
I assume you're still on the roof, unless you've moved and haven't told me?

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 09, 2013, 08:29:41 am »

Zap guard B again

Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 09, 2013, 08:49:10 am »

Zed is to wipe the security system, any file he finds he is to delete or corrupt beyond recognition.
Nalmar begins to copy all the files to be destroyed on the mainframe while taking a look at them.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 10, 2013, 12:06:49 am »

((I'm pretty sure I had some knives...))

Some sort of magical defense system? But--what? I'll need to investigate this once combat is over, but going astral in a firefight is asking for trouble. I shouldn't cast more spells, just to be safe--I seem to be hurting them as much as me, anyways. Hm...why didn't I pick up any nonlethal weapons? I suppose I figured old Stunball wouldn't fail me. Well, I suppose I must risk a body count. It certainly isn't something my allies are worried about...yet another thing to do after combat. All these thoughts passed through Mos's head as he prepared his next action:

Back up a step and shoot a guard who is still in fighting condition, if any.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 10, 2013, 12:16:00 am »

Survey the damage to the roof. Check if my gecko glove things will work on the outside of the building.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 10, 2013, 12:24:51 am »

Some sort of magical defense system? But--what? I'll need to investigate this once combat is over, but going astral in a firefight is asking for trouble. I shouldn't cast more spells, just to be safe--I seem to be hurting them as much as me, anyways. Hm...why didn't I pick up any nonlethal weapons? I suppose I figured old Stunball wouldn't fail me. Well, I suppose I must risk a body count. It certainly isn't something my allies are worried about...yet another thing to do after combat.
That spell drain thing is just a normal thing that happens every time you cast a spell. I forgot to use it the last time Guinevere was spellcasting. You should really read that entire section on spells in the SR4. Spellcasting is a lot more complicated than you might think.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 10, 2013, 07:38:42 am »

Some sort of magical defense system? But--what? I'll need to investigate this once combat is over, but going astral in a firefight is asking for trouble. I shouldn't cast more spells, just to be safe--I seem to be hurting them as much as me, anyways. Hm...why didn't I pick up any nonlethal weapons? I suppose I figured old Stunball wouldn't fail me. Well, I suppose I must risk a body count. It certainly isn't something my allies are worried about...yet another thing to do after combat.
That spell drain thing is just a normal thing that happens every time you cast a spell. I forgot to use it the last time Guinevere was spellcasting. You should really read that entire section on spells in the SR4. Spellcasting is a lot more complicated than you might think.
That was just Drain? I thought you said something unusual was going on.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2013, 09:07:41 am »

It is, where spellcasting is concerned. Something is making it harder to cast spells by draining mana from the area. It's why our magician on the outside can't use the astral plane to view inside the building.

I'm suddenly glad I'm a street samurai instead of an adept...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2013, 09:17:48 am »

((@Alleecat: Hey, if my sheet is done-ish, do you mind if I see it in pm yet?))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 10, 2013, 01:38:14 pm »

It is, where spellcasting is concerned. Something is making it harder to cast spells by draining mana from the area. It's why our magician on the outside can't use the astral plane to view inside the building.
So there is something unusual going on, but my character hasn't noticed anything unusual and the GM decided to make note of something that should have been unremarkable to my character?
Sig

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 10, 2013, 04:10:17 pm »

So there is something unusual going on, but my character hasn't noticed anything unusual and the GM decided to make note of something that should have been unremarkable to my character?
OK, there seems to be a miscommunication. I meant that the thing that seemed to be hurting you was Spell Drain, and the thing that gave you a -2 was draining the mana from the area. Those two things are not related in any way. Sorry for the confusion.

EDIT:
Also, in the future, I would like it if spellcasters would include the force of their spells in their actions. Otherwise I'll be using the default of your MAG stat.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 04:12:11 pm by AlleeCat »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 10, 2013, 04:33:45 pm »

((Ah. Well, I suppose my character-thoughts were pretty accurate. And I'll remember force in the future.))
Sig

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 11, 2013, 09:26:16 am »

Finish off the guards with the axe, taking out the most wounded first.
Zap guard B again
Back up a step and shoot a guard who is still in fighting condition, if any.

Spoiler: Initiative Rolls (click to show/hide)

Combat - Round 2 - Pass 1
Mos draws his sidearm, aiming at the back of CorpSec(B)'s head.
Spoiler: Mos: Pistols Test (2) (click to show/hide)
CorpSec(B): Dodge Test (1)
CorpSec(B): Damage Resist (3)
Mos's shot hits dead-on, as a fine pink mast sprays out of CorpSec(B)'s head.
CorpSec(A): Dodge Test (0)
CorpSec(A): Damage Resist (2)
Spoiler: Tom: Pistols Test (3) (click to show/hide)
CorpSec(A): Dodge Test (1)
CorpSec(A): Damage Resist (0)
Hakron's and Tom's attacks both land at the same time. CorpSec(A) collapses, convulsing and bleeding profusely, before finally becoming still.
All enemy combatants are dead. Congratulations!

Zed is to wipe the security system, any file he finds he is to delete or corrupt beyond recognition.
Nalmar begins to copy all the files to be destroyed on the mainframe while taking a look at them.
Zed chirps in response, wiping the security files and shutting down all cameras and security doors before disintegrating into the Matrix, having used all of its owed tasks.
Reading the files proves to be a bit difficult. It's all in some science jargen you you don't even pretend to understand. As far as you can tell, The experiments here involve forcibly infusing animals with mana, instead of the natural process that happens at birth. For one thing, you didn't even know it was possible to store mana, let alone collect it and use it in experiments. It's supposed to just be a concept, like life force or something, right? These blueprints seem to say otherwise, although the machines in question seem to have a lot of... biological components...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22