Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxies Emulator: Episode IV, A New Thread  (Read 24181 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Galaxies Emulator: Episode IV, A New Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 12:33:39 am »

If you're in the game, remember to post your name. We can all party up, and generally be marvelous.

I'm curious about making buildings. I see some player-made cities selling deeds for as little as 3000 credits for a small house. Can you go ahead and build just anywhere (outside of the no-build city zones) or do you need to "claim" it first?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 01:52:32 am »

If you're in the game, remember to post your name. We can all party up, and generally be marvelous.

I'm curious about making buildings. I see some player-made cities selling deeds for as little as 3000 credits for a small house. Can you go ahead and build just anywhere (outside of the no-build city zones) or do you need to "claim" it first?

This thread should have been called "Star Wars Galaxies Emulator: New Thread Experience" and should have been much worse than the first thread. I keed, I keed.

I only remember two things from when I played at release of the original. First, was that I was a bio chemist or some such... is that still in? Are pets any good?

Second... I believe I used carbines. One ability I had would take me from standing to prone, shooting my weapon as I dove forward. Another would take me from prone to kneeling by rolling forward. When ever possible, those were the only two abilities I used. Drive, roll, dive, roll. It was good times.

I also had a Rankor named "Meatshield"

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 01:57:28 am »

Well I took to Ranged combat nicely. Although in hindsight, taking those points out of my mindpool might not have been the hottest idea.... I should probably get that fixed. Getting two shotted because of my tiny mindpool is not cool. Although being a sniper who generally mostly kills things before they get close helps.

Also, oddly enough, my framerate is better with view distance maxed out. Guess my computer likes loading stuff far away better then it just popping into existence twenty feet away or something.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 02:07:55 am by Kaitol »

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 12:47:38 pm »

is it possible to get  alegal verson of star wars galaxies so i could play this?

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2013, 01:29:15 pm »

is it possible to get  alegal verson of star wars galaxies so i could play this?

They're still sold on Amazon.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2013, 01:47:19 pm »

I now have a combat medic in training named Braedil Hivela.

Currently, she's only a novice medic and marksman, though, and I'm having bad luck getting the components to start making medicine.

Speaking of which, what's a good place to forage for inorganics? I'm on Tatooine and yet all I've found is plants.
Nothing important here, move along.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2013, 02:10:40 pm »

This thread should have been called "Star Wars Galaxies Emulator: New Thread Experience" and should have been much worse than the first thread. I keed, I keed.

I only remember two things from when I played at release of the original. First, was that I was a bio chemist or some such... is that still in? Are pets any good?

Second... I believe I used carbines. One ability I had would take me from standing to prone, shooting my weapon as I dove forward. Another would take me from prone to kneeling by rolling forward. When ever possible, those were the only two abilities I used. Drive, roll, dive, roll. It was good times.

I also had a Rankor named "Meatshield"
Bio-engineering isn't totally implemented, and pets have no AI so it's essentially totally non-existent.

Vlad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2013, 02:41:43 pm »

Wow I'm gonna have to try this out. I never played the original game but I heard good things about it before that one update.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2013, 05:33:59 pm »

My Artisan is Vrrael Ceryel.

My Marksman/Scout is Rakshara Yorazu. Although unfortunately, unless I can find an image designer I kind of gimped her accidentally by taking too many points out of her mindpool without thinking about it. So I may have to reroll her.

The 24 hour limit on making characters is really getting to me though. I like to make a ton of characters and try out bunches of different builds.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2013, 05:42:25 pm »

My Artisan is Vrrael Ceryel.

My Marksman/Scout is Rakshara Yorazu. Although unfortunately, unless I can find an image designer I kind of gimped her accidentally by taking too many points out of her mindpool without thinking about it. So I may have to reroll her.

The 24 hour limit on making characters is really getting to me though. I like to make a ton of characters and try out bunches of different builds.

If you want to try ou builds before making a main, you get infinate rerolls on the Nova Test Center. Course its also completely dead as its meant to be used for testing updates before pushing them to the main server, so don't expect to be doing anything besides testing builds.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2013, 05:45:34 pm »

I had wanted to play the original.  Might join eventually.

...that one update.

What update would that be, by the way?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Vlad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2013, 05:51:27 pm »

I had wanted to play the original.  Might join eventually.

...that one update.

What update would that be, by the way?

That would be the Combat Upgrade and later the New Game Enhancement. It drove away a lot of players by dumbing down the game and eventually led to it's death. I'm just going off of what it says on Wikipedia

The game has gone through two major upgrades: the "Combat Upgrade" (CU) and later the "New Game Enhancement" (NGE), its final form. Gameplay mechanics for combat and armor/weapon systems received a major update in April 2005 when SOE released the Combat Upgrade that replaced a system that allowed players with combat professions to stack defensive abilities from various skill sets, while also fixing an exploit that allowed players to have their character attack freshly spawning non-player characters (NPC) and creatures while away from their computers in order to gain combat skill experience. The New Game Enhancements were implemented in November 2005. Major changes included the reduction and simplification of professions, simplification of gameplay mechanics, and Jedi becoming a starting profession.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2013, 10:24:54 pm »

The SWGEmu wiki is so empty. Is there a better source of information other than digging through random old forums? I'm currently trying to figure out why this armor I bought isn't really reducing damage I'm taking.

And I shelled out for the good stuff too. I bought some composite leggings with 80% phys resist. Maybe I need a whole suit?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2013, 12:28:33 am »

I'm pretty sure that how armor works, is that you get hit in a random location on your body- so leg armor only counts when you get hit in the legs. In effect, if you haven't covered yourself in armor, you're going to have some attacks on your take effect without armor entirely.

I sometimes use the regular SWG wiki, even though most of it is post-NGE stuff, there's still some pre-NGE articles.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2013, 11:20:01 am »

I was afraid of that. Damn you early-mmo realistic targeting system!

On another note. It's been two days and well over 24 hours since I made a character, but it still shot out the you must wait 24 hours before making another character BS. And I lost 40 minutes of my time and a three paragraph biography that I quite liked how it turned out.

SWGEmu. You startin to annoy me with the BS man. Seriously. I want to like you but you keep pulling this. STOP EATING MY HARD AND LOVINGLY CRAFTED CHARACTERS. You could at least tell me when I press the create new button at character select, instead of AFTER I go to all the effort to make a new character.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12