Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxies Emulator: Episode IV, A New Thread  (Read 24154 times)

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Galaxies Emulator: Episode IV, A New Thread
« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2014, 10:11:39 pm »

Use to play the hell out of this and would love to get back into it but when i got new computer parts i forgot to get a Dvd player ..thus i cant install and cant play ...makes me sad :(

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2014, 11:12:02 pm »

PTW

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 15, 2014, 11:15:41 pm »

So all copies of this game are like...$40+...dont think I will be playing

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2014, 05:48:18 am »

It's still hard to unlock your force sensitivity as it should be, but they haven't added Jedi yet. The progression is there though!

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2014, 05:58:23 am »

Man, I forgot all about this.

I loaded it up a few months back (maybe a year now?) but it didn't really grab me. But then, even the original didn't really grab me. I like the concept of the player-fuelled economy, although I'm not really that inclined to participate except as a consumer. It'll be interesting to see whether the devs can balance a low population player economy, especially considering that everyone is allowed to box at least one other character (and any crafter wanting to make a buck is probably going to ignore the character/account restrictions if they can, just as they would when SOE ran it).

Being not much of a producer, the combat in the game is kind of atrocious, especially compared to what's out these days, even in the free to play market (even if those tend to be "freemium" rather than "free").

Personally, I'm waiting for them to get around to implementing space stuff. That was also kind of basic at the time but I liked the idea of having to license for a type of ship and equip it like you would a character... with stuff that maybe you even made. I've said before that I'd love a modern space sim based around this premise. (Freelancer and Darkstar One had a little of it, but equipment slots in JTL were more extensive. A game focused on this premise would also be able to add more weight to the customization aspect, rather than simply plonking percent-modifiers into slots.)

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2014, 01:08:44 pm »

If you're looking for space stuff, there's always Star Wars: The Old Republic. The only annoying thing is you need to subscribe if you want extensive access to personal ship combat or starfighter. In starfightere you select your co-pilots and equipment and can purchase better ones, as well as better ships, over time. Space combat is hard for me though, so I never queue for it. :)

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2014, 04:36:41 pm »

I have a mineral extractor and an flora farm up at 3414, -3608, just outside of Mos Eisley. If you want to access them, send me a message either here or on the game. Names Joemoben as usual. Tossing some cash at them would help, as would taking some of the energy out of the nearby wind generator and sticking it in there. All of the objects are prefaced with Joe. Aluminum in the mineral, and oats in the farm.

EDIT: Also have some deeds of extractors if anyone wants them.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 10:24:03 pm by joemoben »
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 18, 2014, 09:36:12 am »

Oooh, flora farm? What quality are the oats? I'm thinking of becoming a chef (or tailor... or armorsmith or.. etc) but I'm only rank 1 in artisan:domestic arts so far so I can only use the oats in bofa treats/travel biscuits.

Related to crafting, and embarrassing as I've been a tailor before but... I didn't know that if you used the right tool at the right station you can experiment with your final product. :(

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 18, 2014, 10:45:49 am »

I have about 1000 of the oats that have 613 overall quality. Also, the oat resource moved, so I had  to switch it to wheat. I am more than willing to give you the oats as they are entirely useless to me. And if you want some farms or anything of your own, just ask. I'm having to use the bank to store the damned things as they are all I'm making at this point.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 18, 2014, 12:07:28 pm »

Haha, I saw you a few minutes back by the Spaceport, there was a lot of chatspam though, and you ran off while I was trying to figure out how to send an instant message. My main character's name is Jicini Byinoguax.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 18, 2014, 12:08:48 pm »

Just send a friend request. I'll take it, but I have to get off here in like 10 minutes. Names Joemoben.

Alright I have to go. I'm gonna leave my char AFK while surveying.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 12:16:21 pm by joemoben »

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 18, 2014, 12:26:38 pm »

Damn, you're like a kilometre from Mos Eisley and my speeder exploded. I was gonna ask if you could train some of my artisan skills cuz I'm cheap/broke.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 18, 2014, 05:07:07 pm »

Well, if we ever end up meeting in game I should be able to train most of what you would like, as I'm one or two skills away from master artisan. Also, money is fairly easy to gather if you go to an artisan terminal, take two crafting jobs for about 1000 each. That will mean you only need to take the stuff to mos espa and craft it. pretty easy way to make money and only a little grind too.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 21, 2014, 03:41:29 am »

I hate hate HATE the Artisan missions, mainly because you're lucky to get one that pays above a thousand without refreshing the mission list a dozen times. Then you gotta wait for the transport (and transport times). Instead, I've been selling surveying and crafting tools for 250-750 credits though and they're selling pretty good.

Edit: Oh and what's the BER on the Extractors you make? I've seen cheap ones on the Bazaar but they're all 1-10 BER which seem terrible.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 03:43:33 am by Baijiu »

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 01, 2014, 06:12:01 pm »

So I installed this. I bought the discs dirt-cheap from a Gamestop I just started working in years ago after having tried it at a friends years before that and finding it awesome, but my own experience with it was after the NGE thingy. I think I spent maybe 30 minutes on it before uninstalling it again, back then. Rather looking forward to trying out the Star Wars Galaxies that I really wanted to play, but never really got to.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12