Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxies Emulator: Episode IV, A New Thread  (Read 24158 times)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Galaxies Emulator: Episode IV, A New Thread
« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2013, 07:04:26 pm »

You can also macro the system a little bit, but you can't macro the selection of resources (not with the game's system, anyway) so there's still some very rote clicking involved. But, I suppose, pretty much every class has a grind of some kind, and only entertainers can completely AFK it. Maybe doctors too, though they require set up time as well.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2013, 07:17:40 pm »

You will nearly always make shitty anything without points in experimentation.

...For a fully-constructed deed to a small house, I'd estimate... maybe about 6,500 XP, and that takes in the region of half that in resources. I think the rate is 2XP per resource consumed, plus 10% for practicing.

With weaponsmithing you want to find something that takes a lot of the same material, set up a macro and just grind. Projectile barrels are probably best, as are some munitions stuff, from what I remember.

The tradeoff between grind times, from what I remember, was along the lines of, "well, weapon and armoursmiths are always going to be needed because that sort of stuff decays regularly". Going to need more guns than houses, after all. Although that was back on live.

Also also, if you're grinding general crafting XP personal harvesters have a decentish return.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 07:26:27 pm by Charmander »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2013, 10:05:52 pm »

Just found a way to make a nice 4000 creds in a few minutes, probably faster than doing deliveries. You need 2 artisan characters for this.

Survey for something near a town (at least 1024 meters away), like gemstone or ferrous or whatever that has a concentration of >85 (90 is a bit too hard but if you can, then good). If you can get at least 2 different families of resources close together, even better. Set the respective waypoints (naming it with both the family and name of the resource is a good idea).

Set one artisan to follow the other. Go to an artisan mission terminal, get 2 missions each (10xx creds need a concentration of 80, 11xx need 85, and 12xx need 90, so choose whichever is appropriate), that's 4 missions total. Now drive with the leader, both with speeders, to the place you surveyed earlier, and survey again. Alt-tab to your other client, repeat. Ka-ching!

1000m is probably less than the time you spend looking for mission givers, then waiting for the stupid shuttle, then looking again for the mission targets, which also make it impossible to do it simultaneous with 2 chars. Heck, I just lost money writing this post instead of doing it again.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2013, 06:38:44 am »

Yeah, back when Juvei was available there was a decent run outside Tyrena at 90%. Don't get the XP of shooting shit but it's faster an' you can quickly save up for buying resources or guns or what have you.

Generally it's better to find the resource first and then pray there's a decent terminal around. Player cities are great for that, usually.

Also, it's much, much easier to find missions for ferrous metal, non ferrous metal, and to a lesser extent petrochem and fibreplast than, say liquid petrochem fuel. So you won't waste time spamming refresh at the terminal.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 10:11:47 am by Charmander »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2013, 10:57:06 am »

Yes, you're better off surveying for larger families than smaller ones, like Radioactives...

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 01, 2013, 08:06:09 am »

Anyone still playing this? Im playing it with my brother, its a really awesome game.
We are imperials, by the way, him, i and all his weird real life friends.

I got started very quick, the ygave me a bunch of stuff and i have had a lot of fun.

Im playing a Human Scout/Rifleman, and i just got a brand new speed sliced T21 rifle! Its like really sweet.
Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2013, 12:49:11 pm »

Personally I stopped playing. I just couldn't stand the level of grind involved in crafting and combat seemed pretty repetitive too. The people on there were pretty much all really cool, but aside from, say, in the cantina it was hard to find a lot of people online at once (ergo almost impossible to form parties with strangers for missions) and even then most of them were AFK.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2014, 01:04:36 pm »

Necrotime! Y'all can't yell at me to "use the search function"!

So anyone playing SWGEmu? I just started a few days ago and was surprised that the server population regularly stays above 1500. Everyone seems to hang out on Tattooine though which is a bummer, but aside from that there seems to be a functioning economy.

Anyone up for a Bay12 city? :D

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2014, 04:25:38 pm »

I really enjoyed the time playing this game.
It's just the right elements of everything, housing, random mine sites, fighting. I wouldn't mind playing again but I'm really busy all month...
There's a decent amount of people in other planets tho, it's just everyone seems to sit at the cantinas spamming song and dance :P

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2014, 05:28:33 pm »

Yeah, I don't mind the cantina spamming, because that means I always have somewhere to go to get my fatigue cured. Brings back memories of the dancer I created on a live server... Nearly naked mulleted dude wearing only red hot pants and big white boots, I still managed to make enough money to buy a house and pay the rent on it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2014, 06:43:36 pm »

So is the server population 99% humans, wookies, and twi'leks? When I played the official game, it certainly seemed that way. I think I was the only Ithorian on all of Tatooine :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2014, 07:10:01 pm »

debating if i should get this...need a copy of SWG though...

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2014, 07:21:14 pm »

Zabrak are fairly common I think. And I have seen Ithorians as well. The diversity is probably a bit larger because there's not nearly as much mainstream presence, I'd guess?

Crap. Do I really want to reinstall this?

Maybe if they ever release Jedi.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 15, 2014, 08:16:15 pm »

I like the idea of being able to work towards being a Jedi....without it idk...

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2014, 09:41:39 pm »

Welp I reinstalled because my cds for it were just staring me in the face when I saw this thread pop up. Enjoying it right now, but that'll probably disappear in a week or two at the most. It's pretty enjoyable for being a half done game.

EDIT: Names Joemoben, because who needs creativity right? Currently just grabbing as much high quality fuel as possible.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:05:59 pm by joemoben »
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12