Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41

Author Topic: BM XLII - Game Over: Mafia Win!  (Read 75216 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLII - Day One - A Cunning Plan
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2013, 06:38:23 pm »

Important Note: While multiple posts are allowed it's best to put all your thoughts into a single post if possible. What IG just did is fine. It happens. But always hit preview before you post as you CANNOT EDIT YOUR POSTS. It also helps to try to be as concise as possible. Too much text just doesn't keep the readers attention most of the time.

Pre-post Edit [PPE:]

Nerjin, you are a rolecop for the mafia. Who do you inspect first?
You['re the] rolecop and find the cop and the doctor. Which one do you and your scumbuddies lynch first?

Probably NQT as he's the most experienced of my possible targets in that situation.

Your second part is not really an issue. As a scum I wouldn't with-hold information. Whomever was found first would be NK'ed [Night Killed] the next night. BUT if I had to choose between elimination the Cop or the Jail-keeper [No doctor's in this set up] I'd choose the Jail-keeper.

The Cop can be counter-claimed. That eliminates his power for at least one day or at the very least casts it in doubt. The Jail Keeper however might actually protect a townie or worse lock either me or my scum-buddy down. Plus there isn't much we could do about it. So I'd go after the JK [Jail-keeper]
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2013, 06:50:27 pm »

OK!

Nerjin:
TheWetSheep: Which role would you most want to have? Which would you least like to have? Why?
Most: Mafia role cop, since I've never been mafia and really want to try it. Role cop because I'd rather make the decision of who to inspect instead of letting my partner do it.

Least: Vanilla Townie, but if we're talking power roles then Jailkeeper. It would be stressful to have a role that can hurt town as well as scum.

You've said that you think the purpose of RVS is to trap scum in what they say later. Can you give me a situation in which this might work?

NQT: Is this question helpful?

Dave: How do you plan to find scum?

Griffinpup: Is that all? When does lurking become scummy?

Powder Miner: You've been gone for a while. How will your style have changed since you last played on this board? How will your style remain the same?

Boy: If you got a scum inspect result on Night 1 would you claim or wait and try to find the second one?

Imperial Guardsman: Why does RVS include voting? Why is it not just questions?

Griffionday: If you were scum at 3p LyLo and someone claimed cop but had no information on you or the third person, would you counter-claim?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2013, 06:52:33 pm »

Imperial Guardsman: Why does RVS include voting? Why is it not just questions?
Voting puts more pressure on people then questions. Pressure is good. When they crack, the information you get is quite useful.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2013, 06:57:30 pm »

You've said that you think the purpose of RVS is to trap scum in what they say later. Can you give me a situation in which this might work?

When somebody acts in direct contradiction to what they have said earlier. Obviously there are other factors in it but for the most part people tend to stick with their general style throughout all their games.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2013, 07:26:18 pm »

Quote from: Nerjin
Powder Miner: It is day 3 and the player you've suspected most has died and been shown to be confirmed scum. Where do you go from there?
I'll follow up by going and questioning my other reads, and if for some reason I don't have them, I'll go for whoever I can get the scummiest read on with some questioning.
Quote from: nawtquwitethar
DaveTheGrave, Powder Miner and Boy, a pleasure to see new faces. Have any of you had experience with Mafia before? I'd played a little bit live-action before coming to the forum, but it's a very different kettle of fish.
Ehehe, new, riiight. No, I'm not new to Mafia, having played on this very board, but I am returning from a long hiatus I took due to simply sucking.
Powder Miner: You've been gone for a while. How will your style have changed since you last played on this board? How will your style remain the same?
My hiatus from the board was long, and I've matured somewhat during it. It's been long enough, that I've forgot what I had been trying to do with my style- but I do remember that it was far too passive. What I intend to do with my style is change that, becoming a lot more questioning, and a lot more aggressive.

Onto questioning from me.
Wetsheep: Say you're town, and it's LyLo. You're positively convinced that someone is scum, but on the other hand, they're laying into you with equal force. The third person on the other hand, is though questioning both of you, not merely as aggressive. What sort of tactics do you use to try and turn the tide and garner the support of the third man?
griffinpup: You don't have long on the computer, but before you have to get off, you want to make a post? What sort of things do you keep out in order to have enough time to type the post out? What do you leave in?
Griffionday: You're cop, and you claim such. However, the man you claim is scum counterclaims as a cop, providing someone totally different as an investigation. How do you prove yourself?
Imperial Guardsman: Let's say you're scum. You're about to get lynched. However, your scumbuddy has been gaining a significant amount of attention as well as you. If you convince them he's scum, you can get him lynched and maybe survive yourself. Do you?
DaveTheSomber: Through an exceptionally bad play by town and clever fishing by your scumbuddy, the doctor and cop have been revealed in one day! Who do you prioritize on killing?
Boy: You're a mafia roleblocker. It's Night 1. How would you decide to roleblock?
Nerjin: It's MyLo. Do you wait until it's LyLo or try to make the lynch right then and there?
Notquitethere: How much do you think you can lie about the game before people get suspicious?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2013, 07:40:08 pm »

Imperial Guardsman: Let's say you're scum. You're about to get lynched. However, your scumbuddy has been gaining a significant amount of attention as well as you. If you convince them he's scum, you can get him lynched and maybe survive yourself. Do you?
Yes

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2013, 07:43:02 pm »

Quote from: Nerjin
Powder Miner: It is day 3 and the player you've suspected most has died and been shown to be confirmed scum. Where do you go from there?
I'll follow up by going and questioning my other reads, and if for some reason I don't have them, I'll go for whoever I can get the scummiest read on with some questioning.
Quote from: nawtquwitethar
DaveTheGrave, Powder Miner and Boy, a pleasure to see new faces. Have any of you had experience with Mafia before? I'd played a little bit live-action before coming to the forum, but it's a very different kettle of fish.
Ehehe, new, riiight. No, I'm not new to Mafia, having played on this very board, but I am returning from a long hiatus I took due to simply sucking.
My hiatus from the board was long, and I've matured somewhat during it. It's been long enough, that I've forgot what I had been trying to do with my style- but I do remember that it was far too passive. What I intend to do with my style is change that, becoming a lot more questioning, and a lot more aggressive.

Onto questioning from me.
Wetsheep: Say you're town, and it's LyLo. You're positively convinced that someone is scum, but on the other hand, they're laying into you with equal force. The third person on the other hand, is though questioning both of you, not merely as aggressive. What sort of tactics do you use to try and turn the tide and garner the support of the third man?
griffinpup: You don't have long on the computer, but before you have to get off, you want to make a post? What sort of things do you keep out in order to have enough time to type the post out? What do you leave in?
Griffionday: You're cop, and you claim such. However, the man you claim is scum counterclaims as a cop, providing someone totally different as an investigation. How do you prove yourself?
DaveTheSomber: Through an exceptionally bad play by town and clever fishing by your scumbuddy, the doctor and cop have been revealed in one day! Who do you prioritize on killing?
Boy: You're a mafia roleblocker. It's Night 1. How would you decide to roleblock?
Nerjin: It's MyLo. Do you wait until it's LyLo or try to make the lynch right then and there?
Notquitethere: How much do you think you can lie about the game before people get suspicious?
Well seeing as I'm not scum, I dont have much to worry about. The ideal you know who both scum are is somewhat suspicious on its own. Also I boted for imperial at random, and your idea is he's my "Scumbuddy". Your logic is at a fualt.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2013, 07:55:13 pm »

Well seeing as I'm not scum, I dont have much to worry about. The ideal you know who both scum are is somewhat suspicious on its own. Also I boted for imperial at random, and your idea is he's my "Scumbuddy". Your logic is at a fualt.

Eh... Not really relevant Dave. These are hypothetical questions. He didn't call you scum at all actually just said "If you are scum then...". He never indicated that he knows who both, or even one, of the scum are. He also didn't mention anybody being your scum-buddy or mention Imperial in regards to you. I get the feeling you have a guilty conscience DaveTheGrave

Please answer the question AND explain why you said what you said.

Yes

This is a bad play. Your goal, as town or mafia, is not to survive. It's to eliminate the other faction. Obviously survival helps but that isn't your primary goal. In that scenario you are obviously already a huge target. Bussing your buddy would just cause both of you to lose.

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2013, 08:03:07 pm »

Eh... Not really relevant Dave. These are hypothetical questions. He didn't call you scum at all actually just said "If you are scum then...". He never indicated that he knows who both, or even one, of the scum are. He also didn't mention anybody being your scum-buddy or mention Imperial in regards to you. I get the feeling you have a guilty conscience DaveTheGrave

Please answer the question AND explain why you said what you said.

Yes

This is a bad play. Your goal, as town or mafia, is not to survive. It's to eliminate the other faction. Obviously survival helps but that isn't your primary goal. In that scenario you are obviously already a huge target. Bussing your buddy would just cause both of you to lose.
Well he reffered to me and imperial as both having scumbuddys, I wasnt sure he was being hypothetical.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2013, 08:14:44 pm »

Really, dave? Either you are jumping to conclusions, you have something against me, or are trying to be pitifully obvious defensive scum. Unvote Nerjin, DaveTheGrave

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2013, 08:16:47 pm »

Actually, I was just voting randomly, seeing as there is no evidence at this point beyond speculation. But I guess I'll just keep my vote on you.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2013, 08:19:13 pm »

DaveTheGrave, You are scum. Who is the night one nightkill?

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2013, 08:20:44 pm »

DaveTheGrave, You are scum. Who is the night one nightkill?
Dont know, I'm not scum. Odds are whoever is scum is going to play the shit out of this conflict and kill you anyway, so salutations my good man.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2013, 08:20:56 pm »

Guys, im getting tired, going to rest...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2013, 08:50:42 pm »

Alright... A few things:

Really, dave? Either you are jumping to conclusions, you have something against me, or are trying to be pitifully obvious defensive scum. Unvote Nerjin, DaveTheGrave

How was he jumping at you? What you did could be considered a band-wagon since I made a bit of a thing at him and you leapt to vote with me. Not for the same reasons I'll admit but some might argue that that's what you're doing. His vote was by his own admission entirely random. Please better explain your vote on him.

Actually, I was just voting randomly, seeing as there is no evidence at this point beyond speculation. But I guess I'll just keep my vote on you.

Please explain why. Other-wise this is just an OMGUS. Voting for someone [or keeping an RVS vote on someone] simply because they voted you is a VERY scummy thing to do.

Dave and Imperial please stop this bickering. Neither of you are making arguments for your case. You are simply stating "You are scum!" "No I'm not!" which doesn't help at all.

Dave your comment about how Imp is going to be nigh-killed isn't very townie. In fact it rings suspiciously of "If you go for me you'll be sorry." which comes off as scummy. You'd likely be attacked for that in a full game.

Imperial Guardsman we don't need to be told that you're going to rest.

I'd like to hear from some of the other players though before I say much more.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41