Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 45

Author Topic: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Yeah, it's dead. Sorry.  (Read 54799 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun
« Reply #285 on: July 12, 2013, 05:02:10 pm »

no. No. Noo! "NOOOOOOO!" Irving couldn't contain himself and bellowed out a 'no' as he fell to his knees, cursing the heavens. This can't be right, he can't be too late, he couldn't be too late, there has to be something wrong, Something Wrong! The man desperately wracked his mind as he tried to think of a way to save the drones, but if they were unsaveable that just left the cronies, but even they might be too far gone! There has to be a way, this has to be a trick! What if... What if he can break them from them! Forcibly?! What if he made them see what he sees, maybe that would spark their thoughts again, break them away! He has to try, he can't think of anything else!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 12, 2013, 05:59:07 pm »

GWG, you would seem to have loaded dice, judging by the amount of 6s I'm getting.
Not intentionally, no. I've had a lot of inexplicable streaks.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 12, 2013, 10:10:11 pm »

So uhhh... whats the delivery time on that there phlebotinum?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 12, 2013, 10:16:04 pm »

"Just a few seconds against Leadfist's goons. As for preparations, we have all the time in the world."
Inquire as to location of Leadfist.
I'm going to assume you want to know how these magical defenses would fare against them.
Tobias and maybe Gary could set up some wards, but depending on what those goons had the wards might shatter, or even simply be ignored. It's hard to make wards thagt stop any magic.
As to where Leadfist is, [5] one of the less-useful-superpowered once worked for him and can tell you where he lives. It's a well-guarded skyscraper in the heart of Chicago, with offices towards the windows for disguise and a core full of security measures, living quarters, storerooms, and several other things. Said former employee offers the suggestion that you try to rob a bank instead, presumably implying that such a task would be easier.

Go to the bathroom.
...Sure.

Damien grinned, showing no sign of pain, despite the lead now lodged in his shoulder. Inwardly, however, he was cursing up a storm. Gah! Fuck! That hurts!
"Is that all you got? Really!? I hope you're saving the best for last, because me?" Damien sends out an extremely bright flash of light that hopefully disentigrates the webs and charges the guy who shot said webs at him. If successful, Damien will go for a spin kick, or, failing that, punch the guy in the throat. "I'm just getting started."
[4,5-1] You send out a pulse of light that burns the webs as well as the goons. You pause as you reach the webber, then you decide to stop on his throat.
Meanie.

you wanna play with my wings do you? All right, lets play asshole.

jump out the window and tighten my grip, increase the temperature of my flame sheath whilst attempting to crush the life out of him.

fly upwards as fast as possible whist trying to tear out his throat with my teeth/fangs.

You can't act yet, I'm feeling merciful to Winston.

"Urgh... Do you really want to do this? I mean honestly now...
This isn't doing either of us any good. Could you please stop acting like I'm the bad guy here?"

Diplomacize at Mr. Tentacle Guy. Also, tighten the metal around the tendril a bit.

Try to listen to reason.  If that fails (again), loosen entire body, and try to slip through the bonds.
[2] You suspect there might be something in his words...and even if not, you're running out of limbs.

"SERENDIPITY!" Oszkar shouts out involuntarily. He then remembers that it's still night, and blushes a bit. Hm. Morning sure is a long time coming today.

Probably the anticipation, really.

Find more info on Paladin (or Shining Paladin, as the case may be) in the news. Are there any significant patterns that might grant me more info?
[5] As it so happens, you find her. She has a rough pattern her patrols seem to follow, but more important, you think you've found where she lives!

If it's night, head out and look for some neo-nazi or magical villains to fight.
Night's ending. If you decide to head out, I'll give you a bit of night to hunt in.

Send all of them out to cause general havoc. Terrorism, murder, theft, anything and everything that is illegal. Once more, kill any that object.
[6] Wow. [3] The police are starting to get suspicious.

no. No. Noo! "NOOOOOOO!" Irving couldn't contain himself and bellowed out a 'no' as he fell to his knees, cursing the heavens. This can't be right, he can't be too late, he couldn't be too late, there has to be something wrong, Something Wrong! The man desperately wracked his mind as he tried to think of a way to save the drones, but if they were unsaveable that just left the cronies, but even they might be too far gone! There has to be a way, this has to be a trick! What if... What if he can break them from them! Forcibly?! What if he made them see what he sees, maybe that would spark their thoughts again, break them away! He has to try, he can't think of anything else!
[2] No luck! No luck!
The universe is against me, you realize...

-----

Dawn is breaking. Next turn is sunrise.

Oh, and Kyle Johnson's info seems to be missing. I'll fix that ASAP... Not Johnson's. Everyone check the character list--who's missing?

NINJA:
So uhhh... whats the delivery time on that there phlebotinum?
What do you think? Hint: When this fight is over, check your credit cards...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 10:18:33 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 12, 2013, 10:20:06 pm »

Send several minions to gather resources for a powersuit, and in the meanwhile begin construction and planning on it.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 12, 2013, 10:23:07 pm »

Watch the in flight movie.
You better hurry up, I'm tempted to illusion a terrorist attack so I can stop it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 12, 2013, 10:28:54 pm »

Hey, reread the post-turn notes a little. Your flight's landing soon.
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 12, 2013, 10:32:34 pm »

I know, I'm just annoyed that I have to wait to start a new life in the swamps of Florida. Or maybe buying a nice place in central Florida. I don't know yet.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 12, 2013, 10:35:06 pm »

Damien walk over to the other thugs. He kneels down and picks up one of the pistols, then searches their pockets for any and all ammo, as well as any cash they might've taken from those unable to adaquately defend themselves. "It's been a pleasure doing business, gentlemen." He gets up and walks away, heading in no particular direction. He gets out of the alley before the adrenalin fades and the pain begins to pulse in waves from his shoulder. He grits his teeth in pain, turns around, and begins heading for the nearest hospital. As he walks, he turns down the radiation and glow as much as he can.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 12, 2013, 10:44:04 pm »

"Now look, I'll loosen up the metal and you stop stabbing me in the gut, okay?"

Do so, assuming the violent guy agrees.

Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 12, 2013, 11:43:51 pm »

Grrr stupid lazy playerbase... i want mah violence
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IpunchFaces

• Bay Watcher
  • "Incessant cackling surrounds you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 13, 2013, 12:14:06 am »

((Welp, sorry 'bout that. Busy with work. I guess we spent a the last few hours giving each other mean looks.))

Gouge his eyes. Also, laugh.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 13, 2013, 12:26:34 am »

you wanna play with my wings do you? All right, lets play asshole.

jump out the window and tighten my grip, increase the temperature of my flame sheath whilst attempting to crush the life out of him.

fly upwards as fast as possible whist trying to tear out his throat with my teeth/fangs.

Acquire miniturn?

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 13, 2013, 05:28:27 am »

"....Sure.  But if you try anything, the next tendril goes for your heart."

Retract tendrils, return body to normal form.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 13, 2013, 06:45:45 am »

"Ooh, double serendipity!"

Head on out, find this place that Shining Paladin lives in.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 45