Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45

Author Topic: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Yeah, it's dead. Sorry.  (Read 54803 times)

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun
« Reply #270 on: July 11, 2013, 04:19:07 pm »

I'm sorry, I thouught I put in Damien's age. He's 21. I'll edit that in momentarily.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 11, 2013, 05:45:13 pm »

What. What-what. Irving had to do a literal double take at the drones around him. Ho-how? They... They have-THEY HAVE NO THOUGHTS?! WHAT IS THIS?! That can't be right, that has to be wrong, they do things by themselves, they have to have thoughts of some kind, surely he wasn't too late, surely... Irving clutched himself as he moved to a nearby wall, thinking. Something isn't right... He can't be too late, can he? Surely he can't be the only... Only thinking person left? Maybe they're blocking his signal? A virus implanted in his helmet perhaps? He needed to get outta here, he needed to find someone with thoughts besides himself, it couldn't just be him and the cronies, could it? Please let it be a fluke...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 11, 2013, 10:44:37 pm »

Send them to hold up various stores as a test. Should any object, slay them.
[6] Now you have different administrative difficulties: You've been buried under cash registers, bags of pennies, rolls or quarters, and one person's haul of several thousand candy bars.

Okay then. *cracks neck* Let's do this.
Send out a burst of radiation, then immediately put up a shield.
[1] You send out several beams of radiation, missing all three assailants, and then [2] put up three shields each about 60 degrees off from the assailants. [4,1,5v1] You stand still as one bullet enters your shoulder, another enters the shooter's foot, and the last one entangles you in webs.

Finn goes wide-eyed, feeling a brutal sting of pain as the tendril tears into him.

At this moment a variety of thoughts enter his mind. Many of them being the seemingly endless repetition of expletives, a few lamenting the failure of his armor, but a pair of thoughts actually manage to escape his mouth through gritted teeth.

"What the hell kind of hero are you? Violent bastard..."

At that moment he tries to incapacitate his attacker by shifting his armor and any metal around onto him as a sort of full body restraint.

Blast spikes out in all directions to prevent trapping, then hit him in the head with my club arm.
[5] Finn traps Kyle's arm, [4] but feels a couple spikes graze his neck and joints where the armor was weakened, [6] also getting stuck.
Kyle is neatly bound by his own arms and his opponent's armor, while Finn will probably be bleeding severely once the tendrils are removed.

did you really think you could come alone and expect to kill me in my own apartment?
Thats just f***ing insulting... i think its time someone taught you a lesson in respect...

throw puny human out the window, recover taser.
If puny human fails to exit through window, administer unholy beatdown of savage wrath and throw him through wall.
When they said demon, he was expecting something smaller, not this... thing.
Dick stared hard at the Demon; A huge winged creature, overshadowing his girth. The two punches it had landed staggered him, more due to surprise than force. And his elbow... he really should've tested his strength more. Tch.

"Tough asshole, aren't you,", Dick laughed, the pain already receding behind a wall of adrenalin. "Never fought someone bigger than me before, heh."

He held his elbow in one arm, tugging it in an attempt to relocate the joint. This is it, he thought, a perfect test for my new powers. I'm going to need some help for this one with my new little friend...

Dick took out a single pill from the container and popped it into his mouth. He began to chew it.

"Showtime."

Realign my elbow, and charge at the demon with all I got. Focus on trying to take him down so I can get solid hits on his face or get his wings off. If I can't ground him, just barrage the demon with attacks so it can't counter.
The two take a moment to stare dramatically at each other, one adjusting his stance while the other tosses a pill in his mouth and [6] unsticks his elbow hard enough to hurt his flesh arm. [3v1+1] Anakel charges fast enough that Winston is still fixing his arm, and [3v5-1] grabs at thin air. [2v6] Granted, Winston's opening jab is also pretty poorly-aimed, [4v4,4v5] while the next round of struggle ends very slightly worse for Winston--mostly due to the heat. [5v3] The demon finally gets a solid hold on the cyborg, [3,3+1] tossing him at a window hard enough that his leg breaks through it. Winston gets up, [5v3-1;6] is grabbed, and grabs onto the demon's wing before being hurled out of the window. [6;3] With an iron grip, Winston holds onto the wing, pulling it out of position and dragging the demon halfway through the jagged glass before ripping a chunk of the leathery membrane off.

Ask Gary and Tobias if they can protect me from magic.
It depends on the magic, the preparations done beforehand, and who is actually there.

Keep reading them news as well as anything else around here. Dawn should come eventually.
Interesting news in general: [5] Lucky you. You skim through a news article, and your eyes note a stray word: "Messiah". It seems that she has taken to calling herself Paladin, although her registered name in the Parahuman Database is "Shining Paladin," and is thought to be living somewhere in Chicago at the moment.

i walk down the street and punch the face of anyone wearing a suit, then i take their wallet
[4] Person punched! [2] Half a dozen people abruptly locate alleys, phonebooths*, etc.
*Due in part to lobbying by various superheroes, many opaque phonebooths have remained in operation in Chicago. Their reasonable price--a quarter per first half-hour--mean that slightly fewer people carry cell phones.

What. What-what. Irving had to do a literal double take at the drones around him. Ho-how? They... They have-THEY HAVE NO THOUGHTS?! WHAT IS THIS?! That can't be right, that has to be wrong, they do things by themselves, they have to have thoughts of some kind, surely he wasn't too late, surely... Irving clutched himself as he moved to a nearby wall, thinking. Something isn't right... He can't be too late, can he? Surely he can't be the only... Only thinking person left? Maybe they're blocking his signal? A virus implanted in his helmet perhaps? He needed to get outta here, he needed to find someone with thoughts besides himself, it couldn't just be him and the cronies, could it? Please let it be a fluke...
[2] NO REPRIEVE.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 11, 2013, 10:54:41 pm »

"Just a few seconds against Leadfist's goons. As for preparations, we have all the time in the world."
Inquire as to location of Leadfist.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 11, 2013, 10:55:05 pm »

Go to the bathroom.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 11, 2013, 11:04:44 pm »

Damien grinned, showing no sign of pain, despite the lead now lodged in his shoulder. Inwardly, however, he was cursing up a storm. Gah! Fuck! That hurts!
"Is that all you got? Really!? I hope you're saving the best for last, because me?" Damien sends out an extremely bright flash of light that hopefully disentigrates the webs and charges the guy who shot said webs at him. If successful, Damien will go for a spin kick, or, failing that, punch the guy in the throat. "I'm just getting started."
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 11, 2013, 11:11:04 pm »

you wanna play with my wings do you? All right, lets play asshole.

jump out the window and tighten my grip, increase the temperature of my flame sheath whilst attempting to crush the life out of him.

fly upwards as fast as possible whist trying to tear out his throat with my teeth/fangs.

((Wait a second, how did my wings form when im wearing an indestructible bodysuit?
I guess one size really does fit all.))
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 11:13:39 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 11, 2013, 11:12:52 pm »

Will you assholes stop killing each other so the game can reach morning?

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 11, 2013, 11:35:00 pm »

Will you assholes stop killing each other so the game can reach morning?
((Hey, I didn't start this fight. Also, chiiiiiill ouuuuut, man...))

"Urgh... Do you really want to do this? I mean honestly now...
This isn't doing either of us any good. Could you please stop acting like I'm the bad guy here?"

Diplomacize at Mr. Tentacle Guy. Also, tighten the metal around the tendril a bit.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 11, 2013, 11:45:35 pm »

Fuck that, well just fight constantly for the 12 ingame hours while everybody else progresses normally
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 12, 2013, 04:30:02 am »

"SERENDIPITY!" Oszkar shouts out involuntarily. He then remembers that it's still night, and blushes a bit. Hm. Morning sure is a long time coming today.

Probably the anticipation, really.

Find more info on Paladin (or Shining Paladin, as the case may be) in the news. Are there any significant patterns that might grant me more info?

((Have you considered running miniturns for those in combat, GWG?))
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 05:20:34 am by Harry Baldman »

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 12, 2013, 05:18:07 am »

Try to listen to reason.  If that fails (again), loosen entire body, and try to slip through the bonds.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 12, 2013, 07:30:02 am »

((Wait a second, how did my wings form when im wearing an indestructible bodysuit?
I guess one size really does fit all.))
Same way your clothes don't get burnt at all when you're transformed.
If you can't figure it out, I'll give you a hint. He could use the same characteristics to smuggle guns onto airplanes. If he wasn't, you know, a big flaming demon guy.

((Have you considered running miniturns for those in combat, GWG?))
Not really.
I've been trying to make sure no one is waiting a while, and aside from the guy waiting for morning and the other guy on an airplane flight, I think I've done pretty well.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 12, 2013, 01:59:47 pm »

If it's night, head out and look for some neo-nazi or magical villains to fight.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 12, 2013, 04:53:01 pm »

GWG, you would seem to have loaded dice, judging by the amount of 6s I'm getting.

Send all of them out to cause general havoc. Terrorism, murder, theft, anything and everything that is illegal. Once more, kill any that object.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45