Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 45

Author Topic: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Yeah, it's dead. Sorry.  (Read 54603 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2013, 04:00:40 pm »

How does the X know X remember in infamy work?
Know=knowing from an outside perespective and Remember=more personal???
Actually, it's a bit different.
"Know" is everyone who heard about it and could probably remember if they tried. "Remember" is those who could be reminded easily. For instance, for Mick Anakel, his "Former CEO who allegedly stole a fortune in military equipment (Most Know, Some Remember)" means that most people heard about that debacle and if someone brought up the name Anakel in conjunction with stolen military technology or plane crashes they'd probably recognize it. It also means that some would remember that Mick Anakel stole a fortune in military technology before crashing.

Same for fame, except that it's probably better for your reputation.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2013, 04:18:02 pm »

Shiiii---They'reontohim! Irving mentally panicked as he tried to think of someway to fix this as the two large men in black suits, sunglasses, black wires coming out of their ears and with hats that have cameras in it moved towards him. Nononono, this is too soon, much too soon! One of them opened its mouth, leaving a wide gap of pure blackness with a speaker almost visible at the very back of it, gears faintly visible around where the hinges of the jaw should be, and... Spoke something to him, perhaps? It was all white noise, what he usually hears from them, the cronies, the street walkers. Supposedly others can decipher what it actually means, perhaps a chip in the brain or something... But he doesn't have it all the same, he's glad he doesn't have it as otherwise who knows what might happen?

But for now, he has to pretend to be normal, try to throw their suspicion... Would his device even work on them? He's not entirely sure, but perhaps if worse comes to worse he should try. Irving tries to shore up all of his training in being average and unnoticeable and speaks back, albeit in a rather stilted way, as if interrupted from something. "I am just waiting for an appointment." That usually throws them off the trail.

[It should probably be noted that Irving is not indeed perceiving reality as it is.]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2013, 04:21:41 pm »

I can tell.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2013, 04:32:43 pm »

I can tell.
[Heh, sorry, hope that doesn't annoy yah. Singularly focused delusions mixed with retro and antero grade amnesia with confabulation leads to a very potent mixture of crazy.]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2013, 04:35:11 pm »

Trust me, it's amusing.

Between the old guy trying to find a superheroine to make him young again and the guy whose brain was damaged by telepathy, I'd say we have a good cast of comedic relief characters.
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2013, 04:41:05 pm »

buy replacement laptop screen then head back to my apartment and repair my laptop.
Once completed head back to lexcorp hq using my new underground maps to get me there undetected.
Once under lexcorp "break" into its computer system by using all my intimate knowledge of its security.
Download all of my secret prototype designs and delete them from the system before my power hungry ceos discover the ghost drive and break its security.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 05:00:32 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2013, 04:45:34 pm »

Hm, that might be tough.

You didn't live in Chicago, at least I don't think so*, and in any case everyone thinks you're dead...and whoever claimed your house after you died might well have changed the security codes.

*What high-ranking business executive without superpowers would choose to live in the city with the largest number of supervillains in the nation?
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2013, 04:53:48 pm »

Hm, that might be tough.

You didn't live in Chicago, at least I don't think so*, and in any case everyone thinks you're dead...and whoever claimed your house after you died might well have changed the security codes.

*What high-ranking business executive without superpowers would choose to live in the city with the largest number of supervillains in the nation?
My initial plan was to steal the data from lexcorp hq but then i thought, hey what self respecting miltec ceo
woudnt use a security system that would take months to crack? Ill just take the shit from my house.

Guess its back to plan A. Turn edited accordingly
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 05:02:57 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2013, 06:53:12 pm »

"Ow... I'll make you regret that."

Slam my club into the bad(?) guy.

((Just occurred to me that if my character was a villain and fought Powder Miner's hero... well, that could end somewhat horrifyingly. :v))
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2013, 06:54:37 pm »

Yeah...it would be like Magneto vs. Wolverine.
Sig

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2013, 07:11:45 pm »

Clearly, due to our metal themed powers, Powder's character and mine should form a team and be alloys.
You can go ahead and hate me for that if you want.

Seriously, though, if shaping her wouldn't hurt her, there'd be some fun tactical possibilities there.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2013, 07:15:06 pm »

Clearly, due to our metal themed powers, Powder's character and mine should form a team and be alloys.
You can go ahead and hate me for that if you want.
[/color]
The pun's not that bad.

Seriously, though, if shaping her wouldn't hurt her, there'd be some fun tactical possibilities there.
Only one way to find out...
Sig

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2013, 08:11:19 pm »

Silver is not ferromagnetic.
In fact, if anything, magnet powers would be less effective on her- magnets encounter resistance near silver. further research proves this wrong right apparently
...Eeexcept it's metal control, not magnets. Oh dear
Fundamental difference, there.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 08:31:24 pm by Powder Miner »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2013, 08:30:10 pm »

Anyways, I'm pretty sure silver is paramagnetic. Although I could be wrong.
Sig

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2013, 08:30:46 pm »

It's diamagnetic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 45