Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 45

Author Topic: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun: Yeah, it's dead. Sorry.  (Read 54546 times)

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
Re: Super-RtD: Powers for Justice, Profit, or Fun
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 12:22:54 am »

Before I forget, my name translates as Dagger Knife-son. Prophetic?
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 03:07:36 am »

Name: Oszkar Herczeg
Description: a hideously old, thin man, his facial features having lost all shape but that of his wrinkles, his shoulder-length hair has mostly fallen out, and the scattered two hundred or so hairs on his head that remain are wildly unkempt. His eyes are hidden behind thick-rimmed, unusually large spectacles, and he walks with a pronounced limp. Regardless, he is awfully energetic for his age, not to mention rather kind and talkative.

Backstory: a coroner for all of his professional life in both the old country and where he lives now, Oszkar has dealt with more death in his life than most people. And yet it never stopped putting him off, seeing all these people dying left and right, getting shot, getting stabbed, getting exploded in household accidents or split into fragments for easy disposal. He's retired now, but the visions still occasionally haunt him in the low-grade retirement home he inhabits, where the staff appear to be waiting for him to expire. His only real regret in life are the deaths he could not prevent, yet was forced to deal with.
Intended Side: Neutral. Failing that, Hero.
Motivation: to help as many people with their problems and ailments as possible, and to keep living and enjoying his own life.
Favorite Superpower: Induced Rejuvenation/Regeneration
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:05:06 am by Harry Baldman »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 04:13:45 am »

Name: Clair Cantatio(singing)
Description: A red headed, ponytail styling, green eyes, flat chested, lanky woman.

Backstory: A girl with her head in the cloud who just got a job working at Lex tech, a electric company that not run by a tech based super villain, despite it's name.
Intended Side: Hero
Motivation: Actually wanting to do good, plus her mum want her to have a job and it beat office work, those it may mean getting a office job to keep her alter ego hidden.
Favorite Superpower: Super speed.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 04:57:58 pm »

Before I forget, my name translates as Dagger Knife-son. Prophetic?
We'll see...

"Heroes and villains come and go in bursts. In addition to general 'waves' of supers appearing or acting--more this month, a few less the next, fewer the month following--there are 'spikes' that dot not only Christmas and the anniversaries of various important events but also random points in time. While many of these spikes can be explained, others are mysterious."
--Dr. Orville Smith, introduction to A History of Superheroes, Pt. 1

"To try and defuse an issue that came up: The thing about Christmas not being an 'anniversary of an important event' was entirely correct, if poorly-thought out. I, personally, do not consider the last Saturnalia festival to be particularly important, but I can see how some thought I was referring to the birth of Jesus as unimportant. This was not my intent."
--Dr. Orville Smith, preface to A History of Superheroes, Pt. 2

Several new supers arise in Chicago.

Mick Anakel: [6,6,6] Okay, I'm getting another die.
Mr. Anakel, former CEO of Lethal/Extraordinary Technologies, walked into Chicago. It's not a route many take, and certainly not one usually taken by the rich and powerful. This was an unusual situation. Anakel had recently lost his position due to a scandal fabricated by his enemies, as well as a rumor going around that he had died. Being in a plane crash and not showing up does that.
But, as noted, this was an unusual situation.
As his plane streaked towards the ground, he felt...warm. He felt like something that had been inside of him as long as he could remember was trying to get out. He...changed. He was on fire, had claws and wings and scales. He set the inside of the plane on fire, and when it broke apart, he fell out...and flew.
Anakel turned back after landing, his suit having not a scorch or scratch on it. Unusual. He decided to complete his trip to Chicago...but for a different kind of business. First, he got a cheap apartment on the outskirts of town, the kind frequented by super-wannabes of both kinds, where the owners ask no questions except if the tenants can pay the bills. He stored his few possessions in his room and began his plans...

Clair Cantatio: [6,5,3] Wow.
Clair had always been able to get her way pretty well. She got what she wanted for Christmas, scored well on oral exams, and dominated at speech meets. (She was also an excellent singer, but that's beside the point I'm making.) It wasn't until she managed to land a pretty good job at a major company that she began to suspect something was up. She asked random people to do random stuff, they did it. Now for Clair to figure out how she did all this...and how she will use it...

Finn Dunlap: [5,6,2]
Finn had known it was time to leave behind the acting business for months. He tried to look for a sign that now was the right time, that now he could do whatever, something better. It took a while, but he figured it out. It happened when a strange FedEx package addressed to a "Phil Dulap" came to his apartment. He opened it...and saw that it was a small figurine, seemingly made of coal. He picked it up, and felt as it dissolved into coal dust, coating his right hand with the stuff. He tried to figure out what he could do, since this stuff always leads to superpowers, and discovered that he could shape metal!
He packed up, quit his job, and headed to the center of super activity this side of the world: Chicago. He got a cheap apartment and began planning...

Dirk Fils: [2,4,4] Hey, one without a 6!
Dirk had always had a large collection of knives. Maybe it was his name, maybe it was a violent streak he had in his younger years, maybe it was that it was just something no one else did. Whatever the reason, he managed to acquire an old knife from the 12th or 13th century, France or something like that. It was wrapped in ancient-looking cotton cloth covered in warnings in what seemed to be medieval French. Scowling a bit--had this knife been wrapped in cloth for centuries? Wouldn't that ruin the blade?--he carefully removed it. He saw that it was older than several hundred years; who living that recently would make a bronze dagger? He grabbed the hilt and felt a weird shock run up his arm. He blacked out; when he woke up, the dagger was gone and he had a weird tattoo in its shape on the inside of his arm. He glared at it, wishing it would come back...and it did!
It didn't take long for Dirk to discover the other effects of the knife. He could run pretty fast when it was in his arm--not Flash fast or even jet fast, but driving-around-town fast. He healed a bit faster, too, although it wasn't anywhere near regeneration like Wolverine's. When he had the knife out, he was stronger and tougher than average. Finally, he discovered that if he dropped the knife when it was out, he would sorta feel really weak, probably fall over, until he grabbed the knife again. That's a bit of a pain.
Now he's ready to hit the world. With what, he's not sure...but he's ready.

Ozkar Herczeg: [1,3,1] Um...I think we've found a comedic relief character.
Herczeg rocked in his rocking chair, pondering. He wanted to help people...but how? He was old, too old to learn much of anything new...but the only ways one can help people require knowledge. Right?
Minutes later, he saw a news program, showing a quartet of costumed youngsters--the Arthropoid Avengers or something--out superheroing.
Ozkar realized something. These whippersnappers might have powers--some of them, at least--but they didn't have experience with how the world works! That's one thing you lacked with these heroes running around, most under 40 and almost none past 50: Experience with how things should be done. No wonder traffic kept having to be rerouted for the property damage.
It's time someone made a difference.

Kyle Johnson: [6,2,1] Okay, that's about half of them with natural, inborn abilities. Seriously?
Kyle is someone I'm writing for when I'm kinda wiped, so don't mind the fact that this is pretty poor writing.
He has illusion powers, no job, and an apartment near the middle of Chicago.
Told you it was going to be poor.

Troy Tucker: [5,2,1]
Still tired, so not gonna be much better.
Troy found a strange amulet somehow. This amulet lets him generate noises and sounds and stuff. He movesd to Chicago. I'm sorry for the wuality.

Let's see if I can write further turns when I can think straight.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2013, 05:26:16 pm »

Run to the 1st Bank, take MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2013, 05:27:58 pm »

turn on tv, laugh as smithers gets taken down instantly.

Check what military tech survived the crash.

also check to see if i can discretely access the internet anywhere nearby, if so download all the mapping data on Chicago i can and burn it to disc. (subway tunnels, sewage systems, building plans for important structures like banks, corporate headquarters and government buildings)

((Before we get too far ingame to fix any character issues, what level of technical skills dpes my character posess?
The idea was to play a stereotypical evil geniuss and screw around with freeze rays and shrink rays and giant poorly designed robots.))
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 05:02:04 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2013, 05:29:51 pm »

turn on tv, laugh as smithers gets taken down instantly.

Check what military tech survived the crash.

"Hey, robbing the bank is a classic."
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2013, 05:30:37 pm »

((This is a rather interesting and pleasant turn of events to say the least.))

"By Jove! I've got it!"

Oszkar, his ancient mind virtually aflame with thoughts of telling these people what it's all really about. However, first he'd have to figure out what it's all really about. And how to tell them. To do this, he shall go to the park! He always thought better in the park.

Think of a way to not be so abominably old anymore. That would make those youngsters listen to me, I bet.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:32:47 pm by Harry Baldman »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2013, 05:31:41 pm »

Kyle goes out to get a job.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2013, 05:35:26 pm »

Hopefully not at the bank.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2013, 05:37:11 pm »

Weird, I have to be careful. Take a hike is a death sentence.

Get a badly made costume, like the first spider-man one.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2013, 06:32:53 pm »

Determine the full extent of my powers.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2013, 06:42:39 pm »

Where?

Weird, I have to be careful. Take a hike is a death sentence.
Are you sure you read the right backstory?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2013, 06:45:48 pm »

At the police station or something.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2013, 10:52:27 pm »

Head off to try out my powers by reshaping a dumpster or something.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 45