Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 192122 times)

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #915 on: May 22, 2014, 05:30:47 am »

Accidentally turn the ONLY weaponsmith in the fort into steel sword golem (read, lvl 50+ ultra legendary...) - FUCK  :'(

Wait, does MW allows levels above Legendary+5( 20)?
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: May 23, 2014, 02:15:59 am »

I'm currently recovering (I hope) from a necromorph apocalypse that wiped out half my military and a number of important artisans.  The only dwarf completely unaffected was the archaeologist responsible, who calmly sat in his lab messing about with another artifact the whole time while chaos reigned outside.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: May 23, 2014, 04:30:52 am »

@broken
If you mouse over the skill in dwarf therapist, it will tell you what the raw level is. Anything over 20, will have the EXACT same results as 20.

ProfessorSir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: May 23, 2014, 12:38:20 pm »

My herd of about 50 pekyts somehow beat the crap out of a goblin ambush, with only 8 (non-deadly) injuries to the pekyts.  I am now stationing herds of pekyts all around the fortress.

My lead pekyt, Abeontim, is no longer a war pekyt and has a private field.  He is blind in both eyes and is missing one of his legs.  Although the game doesn't keep track, I've witnessed Abeontim bite 27 goblins to death.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #919 on: May 23, 2014, 05:26:46 pm »

Quadruplets are tough... especially if their skin = hardened leather, but 27 seems a bit high. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: May 23, 2014, 09:48:48 pm »

Gingerbread men. Never would of expected that...
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: May 25, 2014, 02:02:01 am »

I have a friendly, named, Troglodyte maceman down in the caverns, guarding my door. I think he killed a forgotten beast that hadnt pathed to a visible part of my fort. Part of me wants to capture him, and bring him inside to hang out with my beards, and get some beer as thanks for wiping out 3 ambushes of his fellow troglodytes so far.

At the same time, I forgot to open my front door to let the outpost liason leave. I finally remembered, he got 3 steps onto the surface, and went berserk when he saw the snowing dwarf blood. (hooray for embarking on a terrifying tundra) But he continued to path off the map. Since he (kinda) safely left alive, even tho he is doomed to death for being berserk, will i get my requested items next year? or do i have to wait for 2 more years before i can get my trade license?

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: May 25, 2014, 12:57:48 pm »

Wereiguana attacks in the first year and it changes back into its regular form which is a rime giantess. Death count: An orc farmer and a baby pekyt.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: May 27, 2014, 03:39:39 am »

To test the workaround for the Digging Invaders bug, I booted up my latest autosave, which is midway through a Necromorph Apocalypse of mildly epic proportions, and let it run.  Returning to the game after ten minutes afk, I find that half my fortress has been butchered by the corpses of their friends, but the game has then paused for the dire warning:

"A Rhesus Macaque!  Drive it away!"
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: May 27, 2014, 08:21:00 pm »

The alert was important. They might steal your socks.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: May 31, 2014, 12:27:07 pm »

In the beginning of the second year, one of our miners turned into a werewolf and broke my military commander's leg before getting killed. Then a bunch of forest spiders stormed into the fort and killed everyone except said military commander, who then went insane.

And so ended the story of Silkcities. How fun.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 31, 2014, 01:27:15 pm »

Then a bunch of forest spiders stormed into the fort and killed everyone except said military commander, who then went insane.

Funny how that worked out with forest spiders and the fort being named Silkcities.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: May 31, 2014, 01:32:28 pm »

Then a bunch of forest spiders stormed into the fort and killed everyone except said military commander, who then went insane.

Funny how that worked out with forest spiders and the fort being named Silkcities.
There was certainly a lot of silk, alright. Blood, too.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Netr0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 01, 2014, 08:01:56 pm »

Hrm the 4th migrant wave is coming in. Wow a level 9 sorcerer! Hrm odd... He has blisters all over... oh well, must've did a fire spell and got burnt ha!

Wait a moment... why does my doc say pock marked plaguebearer? Oh sh*t.

Netr0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 01, 2014, 08:08:28 pm »

I didn't know this was possible if I turned off disease :S
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 113