Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 113

Author Topic: What's happening in your Fort.  (Read 192148 times)

Newtons.Bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's happening in your Fort.
« Reply #900 on: May 10, 2014, 12:46:56 pm »

Uthgur Tunzatam, Peasant has transformed into a warlock spy!

And in my dining room no less.  The warlock immediately began using some sort of fire magic.  My carpenter/woodcutter put the warlock down almost immediately and saved the booze stockpiles, but 7 dwarfs, included the carpenter perished.

The combat log gave me satisfaction though:
The Carpenter twisted the embedded silver battle axe around in the warlock spy's chest.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 12, 2014, 01:08:55 pm »

Uthgur Tunzatam, Peasant has transformed into a warlock spy!

And in my dining room no less.  The warlock immediately began using some sort of fire magic.  My carpenter/woodcutter put the warlock down almost immediately and saved the booze stockpiles, but 7 dwarfs, included the carpenter perished.

The combat log gave me satisfaction though:
The Carpenter twisted the embedded silver battle axe around in the warlock spy's chest.
Just had one to but it only killed one person, a ironclad boar by punching it. Dang thing had the streangth of a drake for some odd reason

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: May 13, 2014, 03:39:37 pm »

Have kaolinite in this fort, which I haven't had for a long time.

Pondering "Shape throne from kaolinite", which, after firing, would give me ... porcelain thrones.  ;)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: May 13, 2014, 03:42:58 pm »

Have kaolinite in this fort, which I haven't had for a long time.

Pondering "Shape throne from kaolinite", which, after firing, would give me ... porcelain thrones.  ;)

Dat awful joke.

sonofperturabo

• Bay Watcher
  • you can never have enough fortifications
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: May 15, 2014, 05:51:56 am »

just finished setting up a death hall. a 3 wide set of stairs leading into 3 wide tunnel that goes all the way to the other side of the map, where there is another set of stairs leading to a hallway going back to the first side of the map. this setup is repeated for three layers. each odd tile is fitted with a weapon trap with ten large serrated disks in it. each even tile has a weapon trap with 10 wolfram hammers. their are two smaller corridors on each side of the main ones. separated by a fortified wall. every ten tiles, a bullet turret is pattered in the smaller side corridors. at the very end of the last hall, my 4 guardians of armor and my two golems are guarding the entrance to the main fortress. i have a diplomat at the embassy and declare war on goblins set on repeat.not going to stop until i have wiped out goblins from this world.
iron within, iron withouth

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 15, 2014, 09:53:05 am »

The Land of Sleeps

Anyone or anything not a fortress dwarf will sometimes fall asleep while on the surface. Siegers, snow leopards, merchants, etc., no one is immune to the Land of Sleeps. I've never observed this before.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #906 on: May 15, 2014, 11:56:20 am »

just finished setting up a death hall. a 3 wide set of stairs leading into 3 wide tunnel that goes all the way to the other side of the map, where there is another set of stairs leading to a hallway going back to the first side of the map. this setup is repeated for three layers. each odd tile is fitted with a weapon trap with ten large serrated disks in it. each even tile has a weapon trap with 10 wolfram hammers. their are two smaller corridors on each side of the main ones. separated by a fortified wall. every ten tiles, a bullet turret is pattered in the smaller side corridors. at the very end of the last hall, my 4 guardians of armor and my two golems are guarding the entrance to the main fortress. i have a diplomat at the embassy and declare war on goblins set on repeat.not going to stop until i have wiped out goblins from this world.
It doesnt work on Repeat. Queue it up a few times.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

soyweiser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: May 15, 2014, 01:12:39 pm »

The Land of Sleeps

Anyone or anything not a fortress dwarf will sometimes fall asleep while on the surface. Siegers, snow leopards, merchants, etc., no one is immune to the Land of Sleeps. I've never observed this before.

a "good" place? Could be some sort of syndrome.

SabbyKat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 16, 2014, 02:31:39 pm »

The Land of Sleeps

If it's an evil biome, likely one of the buggy clouds that can occur. You'll see no cloud (or if it's a deep-red rain), you'll gain random, sporadic cloud effects. Sleep is a cloud effect, not rain.

Either way, can be very fun and unique assuming the 'bugged cloud' is thralling. I had one that made people swell so violently with blood, they exploded like giant zits. :D

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: May 18, 2014, 10:00:38 pm »

ran a DF ai fort with Orcs and Dwarves the other day so far synergy is a little off but now Dwarves have a infinite generating Fish supply with all the  Shells in the world.
Really need to run friendship or something so that the two races can at least talk to each other and be friends. you think we crack the code to unified multi civ relationships by now(or well fine tune it and not have it be a glitch).
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: May 20, 2014, 02:36:05 am »

So, first year with the first Orc-Fort. A couple of Orcs hunted some coyotes and a big surprise what one Orc handled to seperate:

Coyotes are appeareantly so awesome, even their eyes have teeth...

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 20, 2014, 03:58:33 am »

Ultra legendary weaponsmith (lvl 50+) - Check
Golem foundry - Check
Parts for making a steel sword golem - check
Accidentally turn the ONLY weaponsmith in the fort into steel sword golem (read, lvl 50+ ultra legendary...) - FUCK  :'(

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #912 on: May 20, 2014, 04:34:56 am »

So, first year with the first Orc-Fort. A couple of Orcs hunted some coyotes and a big surprise what one Orc handled to seperate:

Coyotes are appeareantly so awesome, even their eyes have teeth...
http://i.word.com/idictionary/eyetooth ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Innocent Dave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: May 21, 2014, 12:22:35 pm »

I was recently smartening up the entrance to my fort, and decided to install statues either side of the main gate.  I happened to have two in stock, both depicting the same dwarf, so using them seemed like a nice way to have a theme going, and to find out who the hell he was.

Turns out he's the mason from my first seven, who was accidentally made expedition leader for about five minutes in the first year.  The statue on the left depicts him being given the position; the statue on the right depicts it being taken away.
Reaching one's life goal shouldn't come with a happy thought.  It should come with a sudden existential crisis.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: May 21, 2014, 06:54:09 pm »

I was recently smartening up the entrance to my fort, and decided to install statues either side of the main gate.  I happened to have two in stock, both depicting the same dwarf, so using them seemed like a nice way to have a theme going, and to find out who the hell he was.

Turns out he's the mason from my first seven, who was accidentally made expedition leader for about five minutes in the first year.  The statue on the left depicts him being given the position; the statue on the right depicts it being taken away.
Gota love dworf politics!
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 113