Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38

Author Topic: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Money In The Bank  (Read 33312 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 1st Punitive Mars Expedition: Facility Online [WL:4/6]
« Reply #270 on: July 03, 2013, 05:26:24 pm »

".. and I tell you, the patient was missing his skeleton! The Doctor obviously lost his medical license over that, but he just went on to the private sector ..."

On the Journey, Dr. Miller did his best to monitor the morale of his peers, throwing in some interesting stories or assorted jokes. Untill he was told to shut up. Multiple times even. After that he mostly used classic music to monitor his own morale, a decision he did not regret.

On the current situation, he has no real opinion, seeing as this is certainly a decision the more military-minded guys should discuss amongs themselves. He does throw in a question thou.

"Well, that.. would look good. Somewhat. Or is it bad? Think anyone of you can sneak in there with his stealth-pack and all?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 03, 2013, 07:15:44 pm »

Marcus let out a long breath, little ticking noses coming along with the released air as he clicked his tongue against his palette. "Well, this is gonna be a problem." He thought for a few minutes, then waved everyone over. He'd talked to everyone in the group and gotten an idea of their skills, as well as taking inventory of what they had, while on the trip, so he would know what to work with. "We have to assume they're hostile. They're wearing first-gen armor, they've got weapons set up, mines...I doubt they're with the things that shot us down, but I also don't think they'll be all that friendly. And we need to get in there. So, I think it can be agreed that we need to kill or capture them. We need to take time to get a feel for the facility, figure out the layout, their defenses, and their resources." He looked over at the group of enemies, and looked around at the surrounding area. "Kyle, how long can your camo-field last if it's just you?"

[How many Packs can we have on? Am I able to use the Juggernaut suit if me and Alexis trade? How many types of grenades can we carry? If we can carry multiple Packs, if I had a Jammer, Sensor, Stealth, and Energy pack on, how long would it last? What can the engineers make? Can they make a non-laser sniper rifle? What about an anti-material rifle? Can they make a shotgun? Can they make a Jammer Pack? What else can they make? Anything, as long as they have the RAW?]

[Also, our engineers, on the trip, I hope you guys recycled three of the Assault Rifles(but not the ammo, of course), repaired the Scout Armor, and kept up on maintenance. Please?]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 07:18:00 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 03, 2013, 07:18:00 pm »

[How long does a personal stealth field last?

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 03, 2013, 07:22:55 pm »

(( Uhm, you aren't getting my armour. Ever.

But I didn't recycle anything. ))

" I suggest speaking with them first, maybe they're friendly after all they probably haven't seen humans for a long time, but maybe you should all stay out of sight while I speak to them unless somebody else wants to do it. "

The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 03, 2013, 07:26:14 pm »

[You don't have any heavy weapons skills. I do. Besides, I'm only wanting you, me, and Aria to attack when we do attack, anyway, since we're the only ones with decent combat skills. If we have to, everyone but Richard. Definitely not Richard. Sorry Richard.]
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 03, 2013, 07:44:13 pm »

((OOC: When i said 'Repair and maintain all equipment' i sorta added in repairing all spare equipment. I shall add in 'recycle spare rifles but not the ammo' to my comment)).

IC:

During the march, Aria also took the time to recycle the spare rifles but not the ammo, to gain more RAW.

Maybe the Captain and I should go. They might open fire on if a giant, heavily armed, unknown walking tank trundled up to them.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 07:47:55 pm by kahn1234 »

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 03, 2013, 07:50:01 pm »

(( You still aren't getting my suit, I didn't pick the armour just to give it to a grunt :P. ))

" If you'd prefer, I suggest attempting to persuade them to ally with us, we could use the extra man power. "
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 07:53:37 pm by Alexandria »
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 03, 2013, 08:22:07 pm »

"I also would second every notion on diplomacy, no need to pile up non-xeno-corpses for little reason. But how are we going to achieve it? Under the current circumstances, I would presume them to shoot first... Would our spare-parts be enough to whip up some kind of message-bearing drone, or would it even be able to withstand the jamming?"

The master of blurting out wild theories strikes yet again. Well, there is only so much one can be an expert in, right?

((But honestly, that just might - might - be a way to make them not-as-hostile. Else, I bring forth the notion of a nano-material-bow, and passing the message in robin-hood style. Space-Marine-Robin-Hood! I am not sure what form the Canterbury - was it? - Forest will take, but it is going to be awesome none the less. Ahem.))

(( Or you could just you know, put your hands up walk close and shout.... ))
(( Have you donated your body to science, in the event of your untimely demise? Oh, ju~st asking for the protocol. No real reason, really. Go ahead. - Seriously thou, I would not risk that. Neither would I urge you to do it either. ))
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 08:35:58 pm by escaped lurker »

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 03, 2013, 08:27:59 pm »

(( Or you could just you know, put your hands up walk close and shout.... ))
Now it never would.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 03, 2013, 08:28:22 pm »

I suppose rigging up a crude messenger drone could work. Not very time friendly, though.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 03, 2013, 09:06:49 pm »

"First, though, we should figure out what they're up to, who they are. Time isn't a problem, but whatever or whomever we send to talk will probably die if they're hostile. I want Kyle to watch them for a bit, see who's side they just might be on before we try anything. After all, if we show ourselves, a lot of our surprise advantage is gone."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 04, 2013, 12:36:22 am »

[One pack per armor, unless you have a personal pack or a perk allowing two packs.

Yes, you can swap out suits.

Uh... let's make it 4/6/8 for Light/Medium/Heavy.

Engies can make lots of stuff. No packs, no vehicles, no armor, no computers in the whole, no heavy weapons, etc. You can do ammo, items, objects, individual armor parts on the small scale, deployables, etc. (Good luck rigging Armor out of the parts.) You can cash in RAW to do a deployable jammer, sensor, mini-turret, etc. It's just more expensive than from an Invo Station or a Portable Invo. Yes, they can modify a Carbine into a Sniper Rifle. Yeah, you can make a shotgun. No on the AM rifle.

Pretty much, you can do anything not sophisticated, and not heavy. I'll be approximating RAW costs, and yes, the more you do it, the better you get at it to a point. There is a base cost for everything you absolutely cannot get lower than, except at Invo Stations.]

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 04, 2013, 12:39:48 am »

(( Can I make a targeting system built into my armour to increase my accuracy?
Maybe create a system that enables my rockets to lock onto targets and follow them? ))
Now it never would.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 04, 2013, 12:46:48 am »

[You already have one. Everyone does, by default. It's not exactly auto-aim, but your armor helps prevent recoil, and can slightly help lead your shots.

Your missiles lock already. Rockets would require a modification of the ammo and potentially the QuadRPG.]

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 04, 2013, 12:50:44 am »

(( Hmm, can I improve on the current system? Given my complete lack of heavy weapon training I need as many boosts as I can get until I can hit rank 1. So some form of auto aim would be very useful. ))
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 12:53:32 am by Alexandria »
Now it never would.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38