Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325368 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1890 on: March 24, 2014, 09:43:55 pm »

We do, or kind of. Why has he forsaken us?!

When we first got our hands on this there was about 6~ish people online building. As for the game size my folder is currently 746mb big with a few worlds and constructions.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: March 24, 2014, 09:54:03 pm »

Also the wiki looks horribly outdated, since the patches refer to things like pulse cannons and a laser pistol that are nowhere to be found on the wiki

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: March 24, 2014, 10:02:58 pm »

Also the wiki looks horribly outdated, since the patches refer to things like pulse cannons and a laser pistol that are nowhere to be found on the wiki

Yeah, ignore the wiki for now. At some point I hope that it will be fixed, but it's for the game as it was a few major versions ago.

When will the server be up again? The guy who runs it said that it will be "soon", but that was a few days ago.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: March 25, 2014, 10:50:33 am »

It will be up.... Thursday! And then we will space! :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: March 25, 2014, 03:04:08 pm »

Im trying out singleplayer and it seems that you die in one hit which is pretty annoying since you barely start out with any blocks. Also is it possible to use third person view?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: March 25, 2014, 04:09:56 pm »

There is a third person view, yes: hold down left shift and scroll in and out with your mouse wheel.

Also, survivability increases dramatically if you have shields. You'll have to buy shield dispersers though, because players don't spawn with any. I'd suggest avoiding engaging pirates until you can afford some.

You can quickly disable pirates if you open the 'n'av menu, select the catalog tab, select the admin tab in the catalog. Select the Isanth-VI, click 'permissions' and on the window that comes up uncheck "EnemyUsable." If you haven't checked that flag to true on any other ships in the catalog, then it's the only ship available to NPCs, and taking it away will prevent new NPCs form spawning. Pirates that already spawned will still be around, though, so you'll have to clear them up before you're completely safe.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: March 25, 2014, 07:15:28 pm »

oh thanks. I had no idea what was happening to my ship!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: March 26, 2014, 03:25:06 am »

I usually go cloacked at the beginning until I salvage my first station

You should have enough money for a cloacker and a jammer
Get those and all the power block you can
Build a 100lenght line of power blocks (a full cube is less efficient in power generation, more on the wiki)
Add cloaker, jammer to ship, press t, bind them to key 2 and 3, add 20  salvager cannon and 20 thruster
The more you add the more energy cloaking will use, so rembove stuff/add generators if you can't stay cloaked.

Or plan B: change your service.cfg to set max speed to 300, put 50 thrusters and little salvagers, outrun anything.

Note that your ship is killed when the core is killed. Pirates always go straight for that, so they are fairly effective at killing you. Put three layer of hull around the core if you go for an outrun solution, should survive a couple hits.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: March 27, 2014, 03:01:07 pm »

Radar Jammer is all you'll need to get pirates to stop shooting at you. It does appear that they still follow you around, but they at least wont shoot you for as long as the jammer is active.

Also, the exterior of my battleship - and its turrets - is essentially complete:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not done with the interior, and the exterior is still subject to cosmetic changes as I see fit, but at the moment I think it's pretty damn sexy.
The turrets need some work, though; I really need a transparent block that hides all the blocks behind it, so that the cylinder in the center is invisible. Ice kinda works, but it's not translucent enough itself.
I make Spellcrafts!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: March 27, 2014, 04:20:14 pm »

Have you thought about using water? I don't know how it looks in the new texture pack since I haven't played the game since the new release, but I used water for the lenses of my pirate cruiser's guns and it worked pretty well.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: March 27, 2014, 04:29:34 pm »

I did, actually, and it appears that the water doesn't hide the blocks behind it. Only marginally more translucent than the ice, but it looks nice for other uses.
I make Spellcrafts!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: March 27, 2014, 04:34:01 pm »

It will be up.... Thursday! And then we will space! :P

holding breath!

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: March 27, 2014, 04:46:28 pm »

I'm personally waiting for the server to come up, so I can start building a new line of starships. And they will have a design that is generally the same with each type, in terms of style.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: March 27, 2014, 04:55:18 pm »

I am wayting to build my line of invisible crusiers and dedicate time to pillaging in pvp

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: March 27, 2014, 07:58:39 pm »

That sounds like fun to me!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 181