Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325364 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early alpha) (we have a multi server!)
« Reply #1875 on: March 18, 2014, 01:19:09 pm »

what were the server rules?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: March 18, 2014, 01:57:09 pm »

1) Don't be a dick.
2) No PVP without explicit agreements between all parties unless greater than 25 sectors from 0,0,0 (I think?)
3) Taking ships other than derelict pirate vessels* that aren't explicitly bound to a faction is still mean.
4) Also, please post if you've found a derelict player vessel, just in case someone lost their precious somewhere in deep space.

*(we didn't have many pirate vessel classes last time, so you'll probably be able to recognize all of them at some point. They also have silly numerical ID's)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: March 18, 2014, 02:50:36 pm »

1) Don't be a dick.
2) No PVP without explicit agreements between all parties unless greater than 25 sectors from 0,0,0 (I think?)
3) Taking ships other than derelict pirate vessels* that aren't explicitly bound to a faction is still mean.
4) Also, please post if you've found a derelict player vessel, just in case someone lost their precious somewhere in deep space.

*(we didn't have many pirate vessel classes last time, so you'll probably be able to recognize all of them at some point. They also have silly numerical ID's)

It was 20 sectors IIRC. But that was pretty much it. Basically, don't mess with someone else's stuff unless they say it's cool. And we had the server speed limit upped to 150km/h.

Eric, do you think you'll be able to play again? If I remember, you were having some issues with your computer and couldn't run Starmade without ridiculous lag. How does it run now?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: March 18, 2014, 03:11:20 pm »

Well, it doesn't run, because I dont have electricity. :P
I did sort out the problems I was having, though, by installing windows on the harddrive that actually works and throwing the old one in the trash.

However, the school's computer lab rarely gets very busy and nobody's bitched about me playing on it or downloading anything so far, and the computers/internet connection are decent, so I suspect that as long as I keep quiet I can play on the server a couple times a week.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 03:13:59 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: March 18, 2014, 04:08:12 pm »

I hate to ask such a cliche question but without time to read through the whole thread...

Worth $6?

Does it have a decent amount of features thus far?

How does it compare to Corneroids/Minecraft?

It's free at the moment, so you can try it out.

I have good news for anyone who used to play on my server. I plan to stand up a new starmade server with the new version. I have some shiny new hardware to run a dedicated server on. Will post it here when its ready.

YES. YES YES YES. This is awesome.

OK awesome, I'll try it out.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: March 18, 2014, 07:59:28 pm »

I have good news for anyone who used to play on my server. I plan to stand up a new starmade server with the new version. I have some shiny new hardware to run a dedicated server on. Will post it here when its ready.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: March 19, 2014, 02:12:43 pm »

Alright, sorted out my problems with Starmade, once we've got a server I am so very in.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: March 19, 2014, 02:38:52 pm »

Alive again!

I've been working on a real challenging build for a while; a transforming or dual-mode GNMA-Y0002V Gadelaza. Will post pics soon as its starting to come together.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: March 20, 2014, 11:37:24 am »

I will be updating OP with the changes and new server. I have been waiting till the new server is up, plus been really busy.

The new update look great. :)
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: March 21, 2014, 10:33:49 pm »

Time for more random Help-IronTomato Trivia! *fanfare*

I can't figure out what is making me spawn outside of my ship when I exit the core. I managed to have it make me spawn in the interior for a while, then I found some cool purple armor blocks later on. I put them on the outside of my ship, around the guns. Despite the fact that the interior had just as much space as before, I started spawning on the roof. I changed the shape of the guns, and this didn't do crap.

Is there some sort of criteria that I'm not meeting in order to avoid out-of-ship experiences? My ship is fairly small, the core room has about two blocks of space around the core in every direction, except for backwards, there's 3 blocks of space there. Ahead of the core room, there's the cockpit, and behind it there's the computer / engine room. Not much to it besides that.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: March 21, 2014, 11:26:09 pm »

I understood that you need a 3x3x3 empty space with the core in the center of any of the walls to ensure you exit the core inside your ship.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: March 21, 2014, 11:58:06 pm »

From my memory, one of my ships had the ship core built into the floor (On a small pillar in another), and there was about 3-5 empty blocks above it as the ship core places you on top of it when you exit.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: March 22, 2014, 01:00:53 pm »

Gadelaza WIP from the Gundam 00 Trailblazer movie;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GN Fang hangers not yet started.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: March 24, 2014, 07:31:23 pm »

I've been having some ‼FUN‼ in the new version. I'm especially happy about the fact solar systems no longer rotate and waypoints give you a straight line to follow; it was a massive pain in the ass to try and navigate before. The way turrets work now is also nice, although I find myself making progressively uglier turrets overall, especially when dock size is limited.

Ship designs haven't improved that much. Turns out I'm just generally a crappy ship artist :P
Here's one I particularly enjoy, though: The Tauros heavy fighter-interceptor. It's heavy (very), and the firepower is pretty mediocre for its size, but it has decent shielding and can accelerate hella-fast. I use it primarily to intercept smaller fighter craft.

I'm no longer really sure how I want to go about classifying ships, but I figure anything under <200 mass with <256 shield blocks which can run like hell is either a fighter or a bomber, depending on its role in combat. The Tauros can definitely move, and is quite good at hunting down smaller fighters, so it's a fighter-interceptor.

Everything bigger than that I have yet to decide on proper classification, but I have made a couple civilian craft. A passenger shuttle (using astrotech computers as passenger seats), a cargo shuttle (storage) a mining frigate, a small transport (with docks and storage) and some ginormous brick-shaped thing which comes equipped with big salvage turrets. Big mining cruiser, I guess.

I also began work on a battleship-type thingy.
I make Spellcrafts!

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: March 24, 2014, 09:36:13 pm »

Wow this looks like a cool game downloading now. Also B12 has its own server? How big is it and how many players are usuallyonline
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 181