Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 181

Author Topic: StarMade - Minecraft IN SPAAACE! (early access) (its still alive!)  (Read 325592 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Or another account, I guess.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I was having that stuff reappearing problem at my station at one time,  but it was (mostly) the opposite  I had built an expansion onto the base and afterward little bits at a time would randomly dissapear.

After about three days of casually fixing the small spots and reopening the door that kept turning back into a wall it eventually stopped happening.  I think I had rebuilt it in it's entirety a little bit at a time though.  My guess is that if you keep disassembling it when it appears it will eventually stay gone.

P.S. Also while hat was happening I noticed blocks added without a build block didn't seem as 'stable' while that was happening.  I'd try removing the blocks with a build block instead of salvage beams for a bit, see if that makes a difference.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 03:08:24 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

StarMade, Scrumbleship, and Infinite Pixels need to have a baby.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

I had that ghost problem fix itself. Give it a day or reinstall.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Not seeing a whole lot of people on the server. Did everyone move to playing Blockade Runner?

Also, cool little thing I found.
And when I say cool, I mean "stays frozen against all odds".
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yes, that's a mostly smooth ice planet sitting right next to a star that can melt a battleship's hull off if it loiters near it a minute too long. I flew in hiding in the shadow of the planet, and even so I almost got my shuttle's cockpit glass panels melted off.

I think I know where my new base is going to be. Let's see the pirates attack that, hehehe. ^_^
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

Since I built a freaking huge ship last, I'm taking a bit of a break to restore my sanity (it's not even finished, guh but I don't want to collect more hull for it. It works so I'll leave it be).

I might think about making a faction that is hostile to everyone next. Not to grief (I'd never do that) but rather to let people test their ships against if they so wish. I'll be focusing on adding as much dakka as possible to either a ship or a station, whichever comes first.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With Summer here, I haven't actually played many games. So, haven't really had spare time for StarMade. Plus, wanted to take a short break (from games in general) after many days and hours of continuous playing :P

But, I'm still into StarMade. I look forward to seeing what it ends up turning into and how it develops.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That ice planet thing really makes me want to play for some reason. Nuuuu my free time I must resist. >_>

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That ice planet thing really makes me want to play for some reason. Nuuuu my free time I must resist. >_>

surrender your free time to the factionalized hell that is the 41st millenium starmade universe

i swear i'm building my homebase for a goddamn week now and it continues to look worse and worse as i go

at least it's functional

kind of

i didn't get to build anything beyond the core and some turrets yet

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Least you have a base. Austar Shipyards only has two ships. One in my possesion, and one that fucked off somewhere when I crashed. No AI in it or anything. If anyone finds a ship named Drakk_Heavy_Fighter or Flikka_Light_Fighter, let me know which sector.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Hm, maybe we should give pirates some stronger ships now.  Back before when there were maybe 3 people with anything over 1k mass and a small selection of proper ships to give pirates it seemed like a really bad idea, but now that there's a bigger pool to choose from and more folks able to defend themselves from that kind of firepower maybe we should increase the pirate ship options.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

How is the server configured? I was looking recently that it's possible to increase the speed limit and remove space friction / torque for a slightly more realistic game. Is that how this server's set up?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Oh man. A speed limit increase would be nice. Have some nice fast transport ships to get around.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

How is the server configured? I was looking recently that it's possible to increase the speed limit and remove space friction / torque for a slightly more realistic game. Is that how this server's set up?
Basically the server is vanilla except the max speed should be higher. I think I set it to 150?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Yeah, the limit is 150.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 181