Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Human Exodus  (Read 4826 times)

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Human Exodus
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2013, 07:10:09 am »

(Whoa, solar power got efficient in the future. Still I'd like to go for fission, as IC is our most limited resource. Also, fission is less likely to hiccup. We haven't got any back up power yet, so we shouldn't use something that can be destroyed by a simple hailstorm)

Construct 1 Basic Fission Reactor (Can we let it operate at 10%?, seems like a waste of Uranium otherwise)
Construct 2 Cavalier Recon vehicles (Mining extension)
Have our engineers design Mining vehicles/installations, or if we have those, a basic multifunctional chemical plant*

Quantum uplink array should start downloading Bastards.sch

*High power cost most likely, but will allow us access to more advanced materials, and useful chemicals. Can also turn food in bio plastic, which we will need to do.

Total stuff used:
5 IC, 240 plastic, 140 Iron, 200 copper
Yes, you can let it run at 10%. And I'd love you to put the resources at the bottom if you're going to suggest something. Makes it easier.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2013, 07:20:10 am »

Construct 1 geosurvey humming bird
Construct 1 basic fission reactor

Operate fission reactor at 10%
Total IC: 5
geosurvey hummingbird: 60 plastics,   20 iron    50 copper,
Basic fission reactor:      150 plastics,  120 iron, 120 copper
Total                             210 plastics   140 iron, 170 copper

After that (next turn)
Wharf:                          120 plastics,  60 iron,   80 copper,
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2013, 07:27:09 am »

Ow, I thought the variants only applied to Cavalier. (Also, I noted now my suggestion is one IC over budget)

Additional law change

--> Institute Magisterial Law. ((Basically, we, the bureaucrats, oversee the execution of laws by appointing law making bureaucrats. We can make some laws too))
--> Institute Jury of peers. ((These Judge on issues for which we have no laws yet))
--> Institute Predecent based law system ((The descision of the Jury becomes law, unless we reject it))
--> Institute Temporary Solidarity laws ((Basically, give the government the capability of putting it's citizens to work))

edit: voting for my suggestion then
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 07:39:23 am by 10ebbor10 »

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2013, 07:30:29 am »

Ow, I thought the variants only applied to Cavalier. (Also, I noted now my suggestion is one IC over budget)

+1 to above

Additional law change

--> Institute Magisterial Law. ((Basically, we, the bureaucrats, oversee the execution of laws by appointing law making bureaucrats. We can make some laws too))
--> Institute Jury of peers. ((These Judge on issues for which we have no laws yet))
--> Institute Predecent based law system ((The descision of the Jury becomes law, unless we reject it))
--> Institute Temporary Solidarity laws ((Basically, give the government the capability of putting it's citizens to work))
Those variants only apply to the cavalier.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2013, 08:10:49 am »

-sn~ip-
+1, even thou it seems we will only get one geo-cavallier

Also, Giglamesh - why the wharf, we do have 1 food overproduce atm. No sense in even more. Unless we find tradepartners, that is. :P Or you are going for recon. Oh well.

Also, no need to change the law for now - let's wait how the people behave. It's always better to give them small changes when needed, instead of having nothing to fork over when things get serious.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2013, 09:22:17 am »

Bastards.sch
Wait, they never renamed the file in a century  ???
And they got a basic AI, then nothing for nearly a hundred years... Odd...

Anyway, we need food fast. I suppose we have some supplies? So get fission plant (hopefully secure), and start farming.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2013, 09:27:14 am »

Bastards.sch
Wait, they never renamed the file in a century  ???
And they got a basic AI, then nothing for nearly a hundred years... Odd...

Anyway, we need food fast. I suppose we have some supplies? So get fission plant (hopefully secure), and start farming.
Shows how evil they are. Everyone got that file, except us. But yeah, I suppose we can do a ping, message to check if Earth is still around.

We don't need food. We have 2 hydroponic farming installations, and as soon as the fission plant is up and running, they'll be able to start working.

Query: How many people are stored in the colony ship?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2013, 09:31:51 am »

Query: How many people are stored in the colony ship?

Those variants only apply to the cavalier.
Oh. In that case nevermind.

Also, Giglamesh - why the wharf, we do have 1 food overproduce atm. No sense in even more. Unless we find tradepartners, that is. :P Or you are going for recon. Oh well.
Surplus of food never hurts, and yeah, recon ships. If nothing else, theres plenty of minerals at the bottom of the sea to get to as a long-term goal. If we find another civilisation, chances are they'd have sea travel.

Also, no need to change the law for now - let's wait how the people behave. It's always better to give them small changes when needed, instead of having nothing to fork over when things get serious.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2013, 09:33:06 am »

Still, I'd prefer to add the last law. Basically, it should give us a few extra IC by persuading citizens to work for us.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2013, 09:44:58 am »

Still, I'd prefer to add the last law. Basically, it should give us a few extra IC by persuading citizens to work for us.
Isn't the first 3 one of the main tenets of Common Law?

Unless this place practices a Continental/Civil Legal System, we would probably be using them. OTOH switching from a continental/Civil law system is certainly hardly a job that can be done by a few decrees.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2013, 09:51:08 am »

This place has no law system, as far as I'm aware.

Besides, not sure why we could switch from a Civil law system. I just proposed those changes to get some basic systems in place. They're mostly based on ancient roman law systems.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 09:56:18 am by 10ebbor10 »

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2013, 10:49:49 am »

The month starts slow, the workers scurrying about the prefab concrete streets fixing various things. All the civilities needed have been attached: Sewage, water, food. All that remained was the colonists. Halfway through the month the fission power plant and the Cavlier are finished, and it is finally decided to send the colonists down. After a few days of administration hell they are all located happily in their new houses, truly revealing in the feeling of being a new colony. They are hundreds of thousands of kilometres away from earth. It's a strange feeling, you muse. Still, at the end of the month a few things are noted down.
-People have been clamouring for the beginnings of an economy, a free market. People have already set up a tiny cottage industry using smaller 3D printers, and handcrafting.
-The military is getting slightly restless, and are a little bit eager to do some recon.
-Your production has been completed and the power is on. The city now consumes 6 power a month.
-Food is in abundance, but stuff like bananas and spices are not grown in the hydroponics farms. Small amounts are grown in people's houses, and another cottage industry has appeared.
-Bastards.sch is 3 months away from completion.
Spoiler: Government And People (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Manufacturing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Communications (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Buildings And Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Military (click to show/hide)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2013, 11:01:58 am »

We don't really need anything at the moment so we might move the cavalier around.

If we really have the urge to build something I would suggest a wharf so we can do some marine exploration.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2013, 11:05:09 am »

Oh yes, I didn't make this clear in my post, but you need to geosurvey the surrounding area to be able to build mines.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2013, 11:08:22 am »

We don't really need anything at the moment so we might move the cavalier around.

If we really have the urge to build something I would suggest a wharf so we can do some marine exploration.
+1

And hell, lobsters and crabs and caviar and stuff are luxury food, aren't they? We can harvest those as well. (For some reason... theres enough of the bastards...)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4