Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The most difficult, playable, succession game of DF imaginable (Players Needed)  (Read 4711 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

This is going to be an effort to make the most difficult succession game of DF we can.  I expect multiple fortress deaths.

Spoiler: Current Challenges (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 07:06:53 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Current Turn List
1st-Zanzetkuken
2nd-Halfling

Still need to have portions completed
Bobnova (needs challenge)
Captain Archmage (needs challenge, civilization, and creature)
Hostergaard (needs challenge, civilization, and creature)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 03:34:24 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

-Reserved-

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

My Contributions

Spoiler: Entity (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Megabeast (click to show/hide)

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile

Just an idea, not a signup: Would you like to try the Digging Invaders plugin? It would make the game MUCH harder than normally, since you couldn't lock out anyhow. And if you combine it to that drwagon civilization...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Just an idea, not a signup: Would you like to try the Digging Invaders plugin? It would make the game MUCH harder than normally, since you couldn't lock out anyhow. And if you combine it to that drwagon civilization...

I had planned on using that, but not telling anyone to see the reactions.  Oh well, secret is out.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hardest ever could be tough when Drunk Fortress is around.
Definitely want to watch this :D
I may see if I can hack together a beast, never done it before though.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile

I'll sign up for this one. Just let me get Moltenchannels done first.

I'm going to make you a bunch of raws to include. Brace thineselves.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile

Download DF2010 (Version 0.31)

Embark on Sol.

Don't read the rest of the thread, I believe it was spoiled how to win inside.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Hardest ever could be tough when Drunk Fortress is around.

Look at challenge #3, and post.  Oh wait, I removed that...  Well there was originally a third challenge that stated that if you were over 21, then you had to play the fortress drunk.  I removed it in the hopes that someone else would add it.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

Posting to watch.

Can I add the challenge that a true dwarf beats his enemies to a bloody pulp using only blunt weapons? (This can be anything from war hammers to maces to training weapons)

Also for the increased dangerous megabeasts I'd submit the entire Fear The Night mod pack which is a complete "revamp" ha pun of night creatures, necromancers, mummies and all those fun beasties. It adds more dangerous necros such as pyromancers which shoot fire and liches who are nigh indestructible and can fly, adds more dangerous levels of vampires including "ancient vampire" megabeasts, and many werebeasts such as werescorpions, polar and grizzly werebears, and werechameleons. There's a bunch more stuff too, but many of them such as disturbed dead and mummies probably wouldn't show up in fort mode.

The whole pack should add some good variety for potential visitors of the fort.

I'm assuming world gen will be using advanced perimeters, so be sure to crank the number of titans and forgotten beasts and clowns to the maximum setting. Also to get the most of FtN, it includes a perimeter to be used so the various night beasts will take the place of vanilla night beasts, you can edit that for additional settings.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile

Its going to be a bit of time to get the mods in. When they are all compiled, could we please have the combined raw files posted in a .zip?

I think we should avoid doing things like the Fortress Defence pack. We're looking at something a bit different here - the idea should not to be constantly under siege, but to have a series of major incidents that risk the fort being completely wrecked. If, for example, we had a serious chance of a winter siege by a lot of flying, magic using entities, that's what we are looking for.

I agree with Fear the Night. I have never used it before.

I'd also like to see people submit potentially aggressive races that you can still trade with. I mean races that will, for example, put tree cap diplomacy but be far stronger than elves.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not really my place to say since I'm not going to play, but depending on how much stuff people are going to contribute, it might be better to go without any large, established mod packs, so as to make it more unique and not revolve around that particular mod's features. Otherwise it's more like just a mod of a mod than a unique brew of chaos. Of course if there aren't enough credible threats people have come up with when it's time to start, then using one would be good.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

Depending on the mod pack you can pick and choose which parts you'd want in game without breaking the mod. FtN I believe even has a handy installer capable of that.

Besides just combat stuff there could be changes like harder farming or living entirely on hunting. Small changes that make the fort's survivability harder to manage. That would be better for a succession game than world ending changes like super-happy-burning-world or the most evil biome imaginable that has clouds of husking facemelting bees, methinks.

for added difficulty there could be traps built by past overseers to mess with future players, a la "Screw The Next Player Over" forts. Metagame challenge!
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: [1] 2 3