Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 42

Author Topic: ~The World is a Ghetto~ (New Game is Up!)  (Read 60093 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: ~The World is a Ghetto~ (Chapter X: Possible Vacation Hiatus)
« Reply #180 on: June 28, 2013, 08:24:32 pm »

Apparently its interior is highly mountainous, but I could be wrong. I think there are large flat spots near the major cities, but then hills then mountains.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~The World is a Ghetto~ (Chapter 5: Contact)
« Reply #181 on: June 30, 2013, 08:05:03 pm »

Chapter 5: Contact

~Day 1~
August 8th, 2015
10:31 A.M.

Sneak around the back and enter the store with my gun at the ready. Also I pick purple.

Kyle sneaks around to the back of the store, stepping lightly and holding the grip of his Shotgun tightly. He finds the back door, a wooden affair that's barely connected to the wall by a couple of rusted hinges. Kyle prods the door with the barrel of his gun, and it gradually opens with a creek. Kyle walks in, pointing his firearm ahead of him in case the store houses any violent guests.

The interior is decayed and destroyed to a simillar extent that the exterior of the store is. The shelves, once stocked with consumer commodities, were now either battered and broken or fallen to the floor in a heap of cheap metal, along with two barren fallen display racks. Speaking of commodities, it looks like the store was picked clean of any valuable items before the group had come here, at least from an initial quick observation. The cash register lay in front of the counter, dismantled and empty. The place's silver lining was that it seemed to be empty of any life, living or undead.

Walk up to the store, and peek through the windows if it has any.
"Keep quiet, there might be some zombies in there."
Check around the windows, while being orange.

Rather than go inside like Kyle was doing, Jarrod and Ben decided to check the store by its windows. They crept towards opposite sides of the store, Ben again reminding the group that zombies could be present inside.

[Jarrod Perception: 4+1]
[Ben Perception: 5]

Through the cracked and foggy glass, Jarrod and Ben both see the same thing that Kyle sees, a store that managed to reflect the dead and decaying outside world.

Check the tractor, in my blue clothes.

Clair opts not to inspect the store, but rather the tractor adjacent to it. Approaching the tractor, Clair makes the observation that the tractor is in suprisingly decent condition. The paint on it can't be too old, and all the tires are full and still in place. Of course, being accustomed to urban life didn't make Clair the most farming-equipment-savy person out there, but from her experience with general vehicles it looked pretty good. She walked over to the side, popping open a plastic lid. Amazingly, the tank was still full of oil.

"So we are just going to all rush in?"
stand back, watching the house and the road from the hay bales. Be maroon.

Charles decides against not going into the store, standing back near the hay bales and watching the road. So far, nothing is different. The only movement comes from the steady winds which cause the trees to dance and the grass to bob back and forth.

Be gray. Look around behind the store.

Mr. Rand follows Kyle into the store, looking around at the mess. He steps over the debris, looking for anything that could be of any actual use.

[Mr. Rand Perception: 2+1]

From what he sees, everything is just a mess. Great.

-----

As the group explores the store, Charles stands by the road and continues looking on. He flips a rock over with the tip of his shoe, almost feeling the want to head inside the store himself at this point. When he looks back at the road, he sees movement, but not from the wind. From something humanoid and sentient a far ways down, but moving towards the group.

[Charles Perception: 2+1]

There's a small group of them, though Charles can't really tell the exact number at this distance. But they walk in a sophsticated, coordinated way. Not shambling or shuffling, they walk deliberately with one foot smoothly going in front of the others. Humans.

Spoiler: Clair Lord (scapheap) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mr. Rand (Errol) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Charles (Aseaheru) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kyle Johnson (kj1225) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ben Ross (anailater) (click to show/hide)

Looks like I'll be able to update this game over my vacation after all, although it will be sporadic. I'm doing this on an old, inefficient computer. It's my fourth time writing up this turn from scratch. But I'll do my best.

Also, no maps during this period, it's hard enough just doing text.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 30, 2013, 08:09:40 pm »

Kyle yells to the members of the group that are still outside.
"It's clear!"
Kyle give the store another look over in case he missed anything.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 30, 2013, 08:11:54 pm »

Suggest that the GM use Google Docs or something. A word processor, at least.

Determine if I am in the group of humans.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 30, 2013, 08:25:23 pm »

Suggest that the GM use Google Docs or something. A word processor, at least.

Determine if I am in the group of humans.

Imagine using modern Google Docs on a 1997 computer. Yeah.

Nope.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 30, 2013, 08:25:57 pm »

Start turning towards the store, pointing at the group.
"Hey guys? Guys? I think I see some people..."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Highly Opinionated Fool

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 30, 2013, 08:30:28 pm »

Imagine using modern Google Docs on a 1997 computer. Yeah.
Does the computer have Word/equivalent, or at least a .txt editor?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 30, 2013, 08:32:52 pm »

It's an emachine. Imagine you took a laptop and then hit it with a hammer 172,000 times.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 30, 2013, 08:34:39 pm »

...I'm imagining a pile of rubble.
Sig

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 30, 2013, 08:37:38 pm »

What operating system?
Also, I think I can sorta imagine it. Only its looking like a cross between a old mac, a new emachine and a cassiopeia thingie.
Highly Opinionated Fool

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 30, 2013, 08:39:50 pm »

Correct.

What operating system?
Also, I think I can sorta imagine it. Only its looking like a cross between a old mac, a new emachine and a cassiopeia thingie.

XP.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 30, 2013, 08:45:54 pm »

Correct.
...How does that even have internet access?
Sig

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 30, 2013, 08:47:18 pm »

XP.
So it was updated at some point? XP came out in '01 or so, right?
Highly Opinionated Fool

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 30, 2013, 08:48:59 pm »

XP.
So it was updated at some point? XP came out in '01 or so, right?

97 was kinda' an exgeration.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 30, 2013, 08:52:18 pm »

Oh ah.

I use a laptop from '03 or so. That fit in the "shit" category?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 42