Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Longest Game?  (Read 8254 times)

The_Falconer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Longest Game?
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2013, 11:53:47 am »

My favorite fortress lasted 10 years until I got my new computer.  I'm still p*ssed that I lost it like that but it had to happen.  It was a very good embark full of meteoric iron(masterwork) and some flux stone deeper down.  By year two my military was outfitted with full meteoric iron and by year 3 they had steel weapons.  Survived 3 sieges, 4 ambushes and a Titan.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 01:30:20 pm by The_Falconer »

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2013, 10:51:05 pm »

My longest one was around 20 years.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2013, 02:45:56 am »

Any tips on fort automation for long running forts?  I know how to use the manager screen, but when the migrants start piling in I can't keep them productive.

Workflow works wonders :D.

Sorry but I'm a bit of a retard when it comes to DF Hack...
Can you give some sort of example of how to use that command?

Yes.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2013, 03:09:30 pm »

Also, pay close attention to when you use count vs. amount.  Count is for stacks, which is useful for things like booze (only 1 stack of booze can be used at a time per dwarf), while amount is the actual item count, and works well with things like ammo.  Not everything can be automated, unfortunately, like pressing rock nut paste into oil.  Even when entered correctly, workflow doesn't recognize the job.  For that, you have to rely on ye olde manager.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 03:11:43 pm by VerdantSF »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2013, 11:48:14 pm »

I've lasted a long time. 2D, upwards of 40 years. 3D I usually pitter out of most useful stuff/outside fun by 30 years and abandon and strangle things. I've only been to the high 10's on the harder mods, though.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 2 [3]