Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Merchantlusts - Turn 6: Madness and Chaos and Death, Oh My  (Read 16971 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: Merchantlusts - Turn 3: This Water Tastes Like Rotting Flesh
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2013, 07:33:06 am »

3st Granite, 554

After Monitor Lisard resigned, I've got the feeling that it's me who has to drive Merchantlusts to prosperity. So, I put away my collection of figurines and took a look on how we're doing.
(And do not sell any figurines before I examine them - maybe I'll take some for my collection)

Everything seem to be working fine, but fine - not the word we want to be written in the legends with! "Merchantlusts, fine fortress" - that sucks!
Merchantlusts - the brilliant fortress! the shining fortress! the luxury-flooded fortress - that would be better.

So, I issue some orders. First, dig deeper into caverns. We need muchroom-wood, spider silk, precios metals and magma to smelt it. And water to feed our waterfall - we spilled it when zombies got in.

And, please, more coffins. We shall bury our deads - and dwarven zombies that necromancers brought with them.

8th Granite
Miners found caverns. Big underground lake, moss and cave plants, and silk. Good, dig deeper.

I ordered to slaughter every big tame animal. They all are injured by gobbo archers, and we have more than enough domestic birds. Speaking of them - expand their nests! Eggs and beacon are awesome.

19th Granite
Second cavern.
And.
You'd never believe.
Adamantine spire!
TWO adamantine spires!!!

Incredible - I never heard about adamantine being found so close to the surface!
I spent the rest of the day at "Lizard's" joining a party. Don't remember what I drank... Bloody Mary, I guess?

(..and a few more barrels of blood.)

And inspired by our party, one of gem cutters got posessed.

Bloody booze doesn't stimulate your imagination, I must say. But it's perfect anyway.

2nd Slate
Another great news - we found magma pool at the northeast corner of cavern with spires. Forget that coal stuff!

And yes, you can sell figurines now.

25 Slate
For a moment I saw a giant panda there...

Nothing. Just a naked human.
No more Bloody Mary at Lizard's, I swear. Prickle berry wine only.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2013, 08:37:23 am »

Hey look sign me up!

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2013, 10:08:15 am »

Zombi's been added to the list. Nice update, pere!
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2013, 10:21:13 am »

25th Slate
Naked human got hit by stone trap. His Her leg is broken.
And pet dog of one our miner attacks her. It bit so deep that her lung is damaged. Note to self - never anger that dog.

Oh well, human is dead.
And suddenly migrants. Our population is up to 67 total, with 5 children, and one of them was a skilled trader. We always need such persons!

And a swarm of giant magpies welcomed them.

11th Felsite
Everything is calm ,so I got back to my colection

14th Felsite.
No, not again!

See that bastard? That's our dwarven bastard.

So, we locked the gate, and I'm thinking how to deal with undead menace.
(Have my 3 figurines been made? No? That's bad. Do it!)
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2013, 11:18:30 am »

I got to conclusion that we need fortress guard. And Lisard should be the captain of it.
Why?
'Cause she got some archer's skill. And 'cause everybody visits her bar, so she can easily investigate any crimes we'll get in a future.
(For example, production order violation. Yes, I still need my figurines.)

Meanwhile, necromancer lit a campfire just in from of our gate. He's trying my patience...

18th Felsite
And in addition to those deads outside we have a ghost inside! At least everyone knows how to deal with ghosts.

1st Hematite
Our medics sometimes make me shiver. A patient who died from thrish has been found in the hospital!

Meanwhile, we're setting up magma forges.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2013, 10:13:29 pm »

Meanwhile, necromancer lit a campfire just in from of our gate. He's trying my patience...

They can do that?
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2013, 11:24:13 pm »

Apparently they can. I've seen it a couple times myself.

Also sign me up for this glorious trainwreck. <3
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 01, 2013, 05:05:50 am »

From the diary of Monitor "War Lizard" Lisard, stoneworker, bartender, captain of the fortress guard:

"Today mayor Peregar conducted a meeting in his office, which our manager keeps calling "splendid". Of course, it might look luxurious with all those *statues* and figurines placed everywhere, but the most important thing - *Platinum throne* - is currently missing. Probably it was melted during the first undead onslaught, or destroyed by a tantruming dwarf. Anyway, our mayor said that he'd rather have his seat constructed of modest billon rather than platinum. Now we're able to use raw adamantine for this purpose.

Peregar appeared to be my fellow countryman. He's originating from the snowy northern fields and lovely hills where my native town of Merchantnourished is standing. It's quite a huge city I might say, a megapolis to be precise. We might even be from the same township. He's a nice guy, despite the fact he's a bit obsessed with figurines.

"Lizard's" !!CUISINE!! is getting better and better. Some crazy-ass dwarf started mixing booze and animal blood from the barrels that brewer keeps placing on the bar shelves. It turned out to be quite a nice drink. Wait until he discovers honey bee venom and mixes it with something. I guess I should dump that barrel."

By the way, guess who's got promoted! I'm now a fortress guard captain, so now I have the right to wear *eagle leather trousers*, which used to be an army privelegy, and own a +giant tiersel peregrine crossbow+.

So, about the meeting. We're being besieged by undead again and the same dwarf necromancer came here with his new zombie army. He got wounded the previous time, and it seems he's eager to revenge himself this time.

It's good we've discovered adamantine recently. We'll put that in use."

Great updates, Peregarret! Keep up the good work! :)

We should also update the first post, dorfing and active dwarves lists.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:56:36 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 01, 2013, 06:35:39 am »

Could the necromancer be killed if we sent out some warriors to try to get him?
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
Re: Merchantlusts - Turn 4: Necromancers Making S'mores
« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2013, 09:48:58 am »

Not only that, they're not trap immune. Hell, if they're content to stay in the same place under their campfires, you could send a tunneling crew after him, dig a 1-wide path to him, drop a couple cage traps and station a militia guard just in case, then set up a single support beneath him and then dig out a wider path around him to make sure you catch him with this, and cave in the ground beneath him. If you do it right and deramp after every channel, not only should zombies never try to path to you, but his only escape will be through the cage traps--and if he SOMEHOW dodges those, you'll have guards waiting to tear him apart.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2013, 11:57:50 am »

I've updated the OP. laularukyrumo has been added to the turns list. Welcome to Merchantlusts!
I can see it now.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2013, 12:59:06 pm »

This is a picture of dwarven necromant cooking his lunch on a campfire:

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 01:16:53 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2013, 03:38:36 pm »

Hello everyone, here comes another chapter!
I'm a bit tired after my training, a bit high after sauna, a bit drowsy after work and a bit drunk because of beer - a perfect condition to play DF, I think.
They can do that?
Yes. I was like WUT?!?!? when I saw im spreading smoke - I thought he ignited himself and got ready to issue An Evil Laughter. But that was just a campfire.

Could the necromancer be killed if we sent out some warriors to try to get him?
Unfortunately no, not now. But I'm working on it!

This is a picture of dwarven necromant cooking his lunch on a campfire:

LOL, yes, that's him. But this engraving lacks a few elf and dwarven corpses stuffing around.

15th Hematite
We're still under siege of undeads and their masters. But that won't be too long till we strike back! I have the plan that is already close to completion!
As you see, we have traps that kill, and traps that capture, anfd I gonna try to let into first and necromancers into second. Captured necromancer would look nice in the meeting hall.

Also I'm building Prisoners Disposal Drop with two options - drop into magma pool and just drop.

2nd Malachite
My plans were successfull.. well, almost. One undead master is dead, but another escaped. Their army still tries to pass through our traps - we all wish them to try harder!

3rd Malachite
Undead siege if over! we're working on setting up better defences - archer towers, gate bridge - such stuff.
And I finally have my 3 new figurines.

24th Malachite
Uristoteles got his spine injured by magma crab and suffocated. Shit, we can't just ignore them!
I have to think about it... make me two more figurines, please.

A stonecrafter got posessed and occupied a workshop. Yes, yes, now make a figurine!

3rd Galena
Zulgar Orrundeler has created a hematite.... scepter?!

Not figurine?! Oh.... Who needs scepters? I'm disappointed.
But it worth quite a lot, I must say.

A woodcrafter trhows a tantrum! Why?! Aren't everyone happy under my reign?
Oh, he hit an animal caretaker who's been smelting hematite and feels better. And wants to attend a meeting with me. Well well... Lisard, what about jailing him for a few months?

Hey, how could that be "no criminals" if I point you one? What? Fist fight and throwing things ain't a crime, it's a traditional contest?
Oookay, next time I'll set a traditional contest at 'Lizard's"...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:31:40 pm by peregarrett »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2013, 04:41:10 pm »

I... I just.. No. Don't say a word, Saint. Just don't say a word. I don't want to know why we have trousers as our symbol and why you called it The Tunnel of Cloisters. Just shut up.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2013, 04:42:35 pm »

I... I just.. No. Don't say a word, Saint. Just don't say a word. I don't want to know why we have trousers as our symbol and why you called it The Tunnel of Cloisters. Just shut up.

Oh Armok that's too perfect.
I can see it now.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15