Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 324

Author Topic: Gaming Pet Peeves  (Read 518097 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Gaming Pet Peeves
« Reply #1245 on: December 04, 2014, 12:07:11 pm »

* GUNINANRUNIN explodes from Radiant Historia spoilers.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: December 04, 2014, 12:08:18 pm »

Fixed even though it REALLY isn't a spoiler...

Besides we all know no one here has or will play Radiant Historia... Even though they probably should it is a pretty good RPG for the DS... Albeit a surprisingly hard RPG in general.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: December 04, 2014, 12:28:19 pm »

Ha, those are great.  Star Control 2 had this too.  You can eventually surrender to one of the antagonist factions, giving them your unique Precursor battleship.  This probably changes the fate of the galaxy, saving dozens of intelligent species from eradication.  The game doesn't tell you, because you're executed for insurgency.  It's not a trap, they tell you upfront.  It's an interesting choice.

Star Control 3 had one, too, but I think it was just a trap or something.  SC3 wasn't all that bad but it was a letdown.  My peeve: those horrible claymation faces.

In SC2:
I don't remember ever seeing this choice, but regardless:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1248 on: December 04, 2014, 12:39:57 pm »

Besides we all know no one here has or will play Radiant Historia... Even though they probably should it is a pretty good RPG for the DS... Albeit a surprisingly hard RPG in general.
I'm playing it. Right now. x_x

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: December 04, 2014, 01:28:44 pm »

I played it, but never finished it. Discovered I needed to grind before I could continue the story, and didn't really feel like doing that.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: December 04, 2014, 04:44:10 pm »

Ha, those are great.  Star Control 2 had this too.  You can eventually surrender to one of the antagonist factions, giving them your unique Precursor battleship.  This probably changes the fate of the galaxy, saving dozens of intelligent species from eradication.  The game doesn't tell you, because you're executed for insurgency.  It's not a trap, they tell you upfront.  It's an interesting choice.

Star Control 3 had one, too, but I think it was just a trap or something.  SC3 wasn't all that bad but it was a letdown.  My peeve: those horrible claymation faces.

In SC2:
I don't remember ever seeing this choice, but regardless:

I'd have wanted to take this to the SC2 thread, I mean Star Control 2 thread, but there pretty much isn't one  :(
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: December 04, 2014, 06:33:07 pm »

Sounds like a rather self fulfilling prophesy.

Not that I'm going to play Radiant Historia, so there's that :P

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: December 04, 2014, 08:55:21 pm »

I'd have wanted to take this to the SC2 thread, I mean Star Control 2 thread, but there pretty much isn't one  :(

Sure, I can agree with that.

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: December 19, 2014, 04:51:47 pm »

Does anyone else hate puns and stereotypical characters?

I'm fine with TF2, but Awesomenaut and Block N Load are just horrific in this regard.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: December 19, 2014, 05:02:11 pm »

DLCs that don't fit with the base game.

I'm looking at you, FNV, where three out of the four don't let you go back until you're done with their microcosmic quests, you can't bring your companions and in some cases inventory with you, and the basic gameplay even feels different. Each one really feels like an effort to simulate a completely different genre/game with the FNV engine: Bioshock, Bioshock/Portal Hybrid, Generic Supersoldier Shooter 12...
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: December 19, 2014, 06:53:45 pm »

I'm playing it. Right now. x_x
Maybe I'll pick it up after I'm finished with Suikoden Tierkreis.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: December 23, 2014, 12:41:00 am »

I may have already said this but I hate it when games (outside of beta/alpha etc testing) have massive but fix updates. Most notably Battle field 4.
I have very limited amounts of internet and when they throw a 2GB update at me
1-it take all or two hours to download
2- I have to get my parents approval to pay for extra internets to get the update
And may I say that when they do this my parents have to pay extra money for me to play their game because they made so many fuckups in making the thing and rushing it's release that people like I must pay to continue to play their half assed game.
I'll be honest I was pissed when they did that because I baught that game specifically for multiplayer stuff and only a month after buying it the updates got too big and I had to stop playing it for months until I got only slightly better/larger internet
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: December 23, 2014, 02:39:20 am »

Inconsistant pixel art zooming

Where an object is more zoomed in/out than others. This can be OK when used as an occasional special effect (like a fireball flying at the screen or something), but when various things in the scene have seemingly arbitary zooming, it looks real bad.

Rotating pixel art

Rotating pixel art ends up looking noisy and messy.

Pixel graphics that are made from already pixelated sprites

Not quite sure how to explain it, but if you open up some sprite sheets, the objects are already zoomed in, so that what looks like one pixel is actually stored as, say, a 4x4 coloured box.

This results in weird looking rotations, where each pixel is rotated as if it were a coloured box, and the pixelated effect breaks down and it ends up looking like blocky vector art or something.

Can also result in objects that are side by side not having pixels that align up, for example, the back of your characters foot lies inbetween a ground pixel.

This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: December 23, 2014, 10:42:41 am »

Hard to say if this is a "pet peeve" but I suppose it could be expanded to games in general, anyway: Saints Row 3-4 fake gear shifting annoys the heck out of me. (pretty sure GTA didn't do this)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: December 23, 2014, 10:44:34 am »

I dont know what it does.  Is it the standard tap to shift?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 324