Advanced search  

Poll

So, when will this start up again?

Abandon Ship - all hope is lost...
Our Necromagicks have failed us!
Next year...
Next quarter...
This quarter?!
Never - The GM is just playing with you!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37

Author Topic: (ISG) You are a bound familiar  (Read 47060 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) You are an unbound familiar
« Reply #195 on: June 18, 2013, 12:11:42 am »

Ah. Skip to the sob story, then.

Good. Less obvious deception.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 18, 2013, 12:13:08 am »

Uh.. yeah. This moves a bit fast, so I'll just post what i have for now - It would be great to get somewhat of a consens on what to actually do, but as we you seem to go only deeper into the circle of that discussion, I think that we go the middle-way and at least try to reason with them. With a sure-fire-way of making an exit.  :P

@GrizzlyAdams - About wind and whatnot - I have no desire to make this more complicated than absolutely needed. If you guys say to prepare for something, you will get a bonus, but else such things are best left to the dice. If there is no ample chance, you can always wait it out, instead of taking the risk of it.

@Scionix -  We will still lack maturity, even if we do get the muscles needed - and since we were pretty much a shut-in before, we need a fair bit of them. True flight will be quite tricky, especially because it is so extremely usefull.

We can very safely presume that the plundering scoundrels heroes know of us, and it is also reasonable that they know of our demonic side.

Also boys and girls, please watch the tone please. ???

Spoiler: Indezi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)

When you wake up this morning, you are truly undecided on what to do. All things considered, you decide to scout along the moat first, seeing as it really is difficult to go wrong there. As luck would have it, there is a part of the wall that was built on an incline - while it would still be impossible for you to fly over it, you just might scale the wall there if you are able to latch onto it out of flight. Quite a stretch, but a possibility.

You also keep on the lookout for just smoking those mortals out of the keep, and with the sprawled building of the wooden peasantry houses, it just might be possible to do so - provided that you get a couple of real fires going.

While scouting a new area, a couple of guards suddenly show up behind you. They seem startled by your draconic muddy appearance, and you just make a run for it. Momentarily confused, the guardsmen do give chase, but you are somehow able to shake them off, by using your size to your advantage. A while later you see the same team strolling around leasurely, so it seems they did not take your encounter too serious.

Being near the keep, you feel the sorceress moving and soon enough follow her to the market. You know the area well and have little problems of getting around there by now. You do get a good look on her at some point, and it seems that the whole party is present - wirth the extra of a guard officer as a guide of some sorts. They seem to sell all the bulky stuff from masters tower, minor trinkets included. You are quite sure that your amulet is not amongst them - selling something with unaware properties appearrently not their thing. Too bad, as getting it from a trader ought to be much less of a hassle. After their short trip - wich included a visit to the local enchanter - they go back into the keep.

You are sure that some shinies should come in handy in your further plans, and lie in wait near the market. After waiting for quite some time, you see a man haggling for some kind of sword, and since wildly illustrating with his arms would be hindered by his already drawn pouch, he rests it at the corner of the stand. Seeing that noone is really paying attention, you grab it with your fangs and just run off. Noone seems the wiser, thou you do hear some screaming and cursing a few moments later, you already in the safety of an alley. Checking your new possession, you have just earned yourself 40 silvers - quite the serviceable sum, as meal and lodging in a good inn would be around 50 coppers. The man sure was angry thou. +1 MP +2 Encumbrance

You ponder the whole matter of the heroes - maybe all this secrecy is not even needed? Normaly the mortals shy away from the dragon race, and for good reasons. Even whelps have to fear their natural surroundings far more than humans, but with most lairs being quite a way from civilization, that may be a moot point. With the right presentation, it just might be possible to get the pendant via a diplomatic approach. Making sure that you can escape should anything go awry would be prudent thou. Anyways, you recall what little you know of your kin - all those experiments on your juvenile mind did quite a number on your pre-master memory, leaving you with pretty much the knowledge mortals have.

Spoiler: About Dragons (click to show/hide)

You have lost 5 Sustenance
You have gained; Pouch with 40 coins of silver
You have reached Level 3 in Sneaking

So, you know how some birds like to glide on thermals?

Sure do - but while it may be attributed to artistic freedom, our body to wing ratio is already a big stretch for gliding. If you really want to go physics, look at the picture and you will have to agree - With our current wing-span it is impossible to do much better than gliding downwards. Sure, if we find the highest place in the city, it is the hotest day in summer and we roll somewhere near the max, we can use thermals for a bit. But else just think of us more in terms of a flying squirrel, than a bird.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 12:29:20 am by escaped lurker »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2013, 12:19:47 am »

@GrizzlyAdams - About wind and whatnot - I have no desire to make this more complicated than absolutely needed. If you guys say to prepare for something, you will get a bonus, but else such things are best left to the dice. If there is no ample chance, you can always wait it out, instead of taking the risk of it.

@Scionix -  We will still lack maturity, even if we do get the muscles needed - and since we were pretty much a shut-in before, we need a fair bit of them. True flight will be quite tricky, especially because it is so extremely usefull.

When you wake up this morning, you are truly undecided on what to do. All things considered, you decide to scout along the moat first, seeing as it really is difficult to go wrong there. As luck would have it, there is a part of the wall that was built on an incline - while it would still be impossible for you to fly over it, you just might scale the wall there if you are able to latch onto it out of flight. Quite a stretch, but a possibility.[/i]

You also keep on the lookout for just smoking those mortals out of the keep, and with the sprawled building of the wooden peasantry houses, it just might be possible to do so - provided that you get a couple of real fires going.

So, you know how some birds like to glide on thermals?
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2013, 12:22:24 am »

Indeed. Do we really want to try that right now, though?

Anyways, I suggest we get a decent long-term plan hammered out. Dilly-dallying about with a foot in each yard won't get us anywhere. I vote we do the following:

1. Introduce ourselves to the adventurers, explaining the whole experimented-on-hatchling story.
2. Say that we'll die if we are separated from the amulet for too long.
3. Improvise from there, as we've reached the point in any plan where enemy action makes circumstances past this point entirely impossible to guess.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 18, 2013, 12:36:52 am »

I'd rather not do that.

1. We're valuable
2. We were supposed to be loyal to our master, but somehow we weren't.
    2a) He did order us to take revenge
3. Semi demonic signs.

I propose we go look to the towns enchanters. Maybe he got some interesting stuff lying around.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 18, 2013, 12:40:37 am »

To counter your points:

1. We're more valuable alive than dead.
2. He's dead. Lots of magic ends at death.
2a. Why would we listen? Why are we listening?
3. Fits in with "Demonic Experiments", no?
Sig

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #201 on: June 18, 2013, 01:09:38 am »

1. Depends on who you ask. A researcher might put more stock on what our viscera looks like, or how we react to certain magical (painful) stimuli, than our potential combat abilities/companionship (enslavement).
2. We're implying that they'd know this, and so wouldn't trust us. (even in spite of our sob story, which isn't helped by our demonic properties- we shouldn't have even had the choice to disobey after all)
  2a. Shits and giggles. I suspect it was a half-serious note.
   2a-i. They are dirty humans after all, and they are giving us a hassle by keeping our amulet. Damnable thieves.
3. And also fits with 'demons can't be trusted and/or should be purged'
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 01:14:16 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 18, 2013, 01:31:21 am »

Do we actually know anything about demons? Presumably they endorse freedom, on account of their essence imparting some measure of independence from our master, but beyond that, is there any reason to think of them as Evil?

Lets combine all the plans!
 We send a note to the party to meet us, next to a cliff...
 Dig a pit and fill it with something dangerous.
 Make an illusion of ourselves in front of the pit, and hide behind it.
 With our most humble and gracious fawning, we beg for the amulet that holds our stolen life-energy.
 When they attack we jump off the cliff.
 Then we send a note to the lord stating that we are very sad for the consequences of them betraying us, and burn down the village...

Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 18, 2013, 01:36:12 am »

2a-i. They are dirty humans after all, and they are giving us a hassle by keeping our amulet. Damnable thieves.
I don't think he was implying that we should hurt them because he said so so much as that they may expect us to hurt them because he said so.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 18, 2013, 01:39:19 am »

Do we actually know anything about demons? Presumably they endorse freedom, on account of their essence imparting some measure of independence from our master, but beyond that, is there any reason to think of them as Evil?

Lets combine all the plans!
 We send a note to the party to meet us, next to a cliff...
 Dig a pit and fill it with something dangerous.
 Make an illusion of ourselves in front of the pit, and hide behind it.
 With our most humble and gracious fawning, we beg for the amulet that holds our stolen life-energy.
 When they attack we jump off the cliff.
 Then we send a note to the lord stating that we are very sad for the consequences of them betraying us, and burn down the village...
dig the pit before sending a note and you have my vote
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 18, 2013, 03:39:22 am »

I don't think he was implying that we should hurt them because he said so so much as that they may expect us to hurt them because he said so.
After all, what would you think if the demon dragon pet of the mage you murdered suddenly turned up and asked you for a precious artifact. Highly doubt they would give it to us.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 18, 2013, 03:41:43 am »

After all, what would you think if the demon dragon pet of the mage you murdered suddenly turned up and asked you for a precious artifact. Highly doubt they would give it to us.
Worse, a precious artifact that you took from the guy you murdered and that is demonic itself.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 18, 2013, 06:03:33 am »

If they're like book adventurers, there's always the heart.
Unless the book is darker and edgier.
If they're like RPG adventurers, there's always the roleplayer/female player's adventurer.
Unless they are a Monty Hauling party of Power-Gaming Munchkins...
If they're like VRPG adventurers, it's good to find that out now.
We could be tricked by a Roleplayer, or executed without warning by a Griefer...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 18, 2013, 03:19:22 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:14:15 pm by Bronimin »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 18, 2013, 03:20:55 pm »

I'm afraid we might be worth more than those 40 silvers.

Illusions might work though.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37