Advanced search  

Poll

So, when will this start up again?

Abandon Ship - all hope is lost...
Our Necromagicks have failed us!
Next year...
Next quarter...
This quarter?!
Never - The GM is just playing with you!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37

Author Topic: (ISG) You are a bound familiar  (Read 46971 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) You are an unbound familiar
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2013, 06:12:37 pm »

Well then, time to count it out;
Raw Spells: 1, Sustenance: 7, Emotions: 9
Demonologe: 1, Warlock: 2, Enchanter: 3, Conjurer: 4, Illusionist: 7

Since all Illusionists also voted for Emotions, there is no conflict between the choices.

That reminds you, before you take your leave you really need to get your pendant - it's enchantments pretty much bind the demon-soul part of you to this world, and while your master took it for this gig, you already feel that the flow of your mana is a bit wrong. He also mentioned once that it is indispensable for your being, as seperating you from it would weaken you considerable over time, and after 3 months your demon-soul would most likely vanquish. There seem to be no studys on the effect of such soul-tearing, but you heartly doubt it to be a good thing, nor would you like to contribute to said lack of information about this phenomen.

Luckily these adventurers are fairly good - alignement pun included.  Anyways, it's not like these heroes would go around and plunder the riches from a tower who's owner they just have murdered in cold blood, just because they dislike his carreer choi... well, wait - you "hope" these heroes would not go around and plunder the riches from a tower who's owner they just have murdered in cold blood, just because they dislike his career choices!

Speaking of wich, they really take their time, but that could be discounted towards them being polite and listening to one of your masters long-winded speeches. Always was an embarassment to visit the mage-councils with him, because as soon as he took to the podium, he wouldn't leave until others forced him to do so - mostly with magic. Have you mentioned that your master was kind of awkward? Yes? Good.

Ah, there come the gracious heroes - you can hear them coming down the staircase. Better close your eyes quickly, lest they discover you. ♪~ ♪~ ♪~ ♪~

Yeah, they really should be gone by now. That reminds you, as soon as you take the first stepp out of this circle, you will taste true freedom. Since your master only ever called you welp or familiar, you only find it fitting to honour this glorious occasion by naming yourself.

Well then, since we now actually know what our protagonist is, I find it fitting that you come up with a name for ourself.
After the next post we will be in the "open game" - said post should go up tonight, but first a couple of hours to debate a name.
(And for me to draw up some stuff, I guess ;3 )

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2013, 07:22:52 pm »

Stetar...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2013, 07:32:59 pm »

Our name is Alduin!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2013, 07:34:32 pm »

Drake.
Our Master was remarkably uncreative for an illusionist. Maybe that's why he isn't alive anymore.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2013, 07:38:23 pm »

Our name is Alduin!
Drake.
Our Master was remarkably uncreative for an illusionist. Maybe that's why he isn't alive anymore.
...-1

I nominate ... Typhon for our name.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2013, 07:42:13 pm »

+1 to Typhon as a name.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2013, 08:38:32 pm »

Well, he thought of making us, so that's something. I guess he just got creative with some stuff, and paid no attention to others.
He was probably a gnome.

A little time on UESP gives me:
Indezi
or
Master [of] my fate
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 08:57:03 pm by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2013, 09:26:35 pm »

Here's a couple:
Shapieron

Erasmus
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2013, 09:46:17 pm »

Drake.
+1
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2013, 09:48:52 pm »

Korlot

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2013, 10:37:20 pm »

Oh, and try to see what smug satisfaction tastes like...

And try to sense the location of the amulet, hopefully we can trace its connection to us...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2013, 10:40:21 pm »

I let the dice decide on this one - wich still meant double chance for "Drake" and "Typhon" obviously.
Also, I have yet to make a dragon-sprite for the big maps, but as I got nothing satisfactory atm, without will have to do.
@RAM - I think i got smug satisfaction in already by myself. Part of my "tongue-in-cheeck" stuff that I try to include here.

Indezi.. yeah, that sounds good for a Dragonwelp of your stature and abilities. If you could speak any kind of draconic, you would make sure to give you a name with a honorful or heartwrenching meaning, but this one will have to do in the maintime. Alright, time to grab your stuff and get out of here. Before we go to the upper levels, it might be worth mentioning that your master was not only awkward, but also a friend of the practical monotone. You will see when we get there, undoubtly.

Now that is odd - did master use the silver chandelier for an impromptu ritual, or why is it gone? Heh. He also left quite a mess, seems like he searched for a trinket or such here. Judging by the lack of them, he really tried his best at some kind of scheme. Didn't help him in the end thou. Alright, but why did he also plunder all stuff from the herb-cabinets? Hopefully there is still some honey left, because you absolutely LOVE honey with raw meat. Don't question my tastes - it is great, and if you never had raw meat with honey, you never had raw meat at all!

Oh well, onto the next floor. Flashy showdown on the balcony? That does seem as melancholic as him. Wait... he also wrote something with his own blood? Well, not like he did not notice your betrayal - kinda hard to miss a rune that would take out half of the building afterall. "Isilev the Just" - "Revenge". Suure thing master, suure. This might all not have happened if you had not do me those weird dances on the mage-meetings. And not plant that part of demon-soul into you, you guess. Well now, after checking that he is dead, time to take a better look around.
Hmm. Not like you remember it. Not - at - all. Masters beloved gold-and-gem-bath is gone. He really should have never let those guys from the church see it. And then laugh at them when they wanted a donation "for the poor Pope". And make those jokes about altar boys. Or laugh at the royal tax collector when he was accused of "forbidden alchemagic". He should have not done a lot of things, now that you start to think about it.
Anyways, that... might not bode well. Here is hope that the old fart has at least your amulet on him.
This.. this is really not boding well.
Guess those heroes really did go around and plunder the riches from a tower who's owner they just had murdered in cold blood, just because they disliked his career choices!

So... 3 months of freedom, unless you are - by chance - able to take back your amulet. Eh. Better than dying in the explosion of a rune that would take out half of the building. For now you really feel a bit peckish, because master drained almost all of your mana reserves for the runes. But whith no mana, anything of worth gone and pretty much only one way to regain said mana, it seems like you have quite limited options.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2013, 10:44:33 pm »

Hm. Well, we need to start by getting the amulet. How to do that? Simple.

Find and follow the adventurers.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2013, 10:59:39 pm »

Well, we could try the diplomatic approach, turn up in their path, injured, and infiltrate their group, but that is way too risky, just follow them with as much stealth as possible, or at least head towards the nearest place where they could sell the possessions of a recently disinherited familiar...
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2013, 11:03:49 pm »

Step 1 of all good plans at this point: Follow. The. Adventurers.
Sig
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37