Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Inferno MOO (Multiplayer Text-Based Post-Apocalyptic Roleplaying Game)  (Read 21668 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, if you log on in the next week, you'll get an achievement, 19999xp, and 10,000 hellbux, to make up for that dreadful rollback. Pretty neat!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a reminder, the 20k xp thing is only going to last a few more days so if you haven't logged in yet this week, now is the time.

Also note that that's effective xp so if you reroll after the end date (I'm guessing at least through the weekend) you'll lose it. However, 20k effective xp is a lot less than it sounds like and is very easily ground up naturally in the course of doing jobs and crafting things and whatnot, so it won't be a huge loss if you decide to reroll later on down the road.

If you reroll during this period you'll get the 20k effective xp back, so if there's a build you plan on sticking with for a while, now's the time to start it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 12:13:18 am by Tahin »

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lucha masks are back! They don't obscure your name anymore, but they do give you a neat colored title.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll stick with HellMOO unless if you can sell me on InfernoMOO.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any notable admins here?

thepotatospirit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay well, gymming isn't tedious all to hell. The rerolling system actually kinda works, you keep all non effective xp on reroll. The admins are going to also add a rerolling system where you start from 0 xp if you want. Chargen isn't that really dumb thing where you walk around and collect random stuff. They're working on re-balancing armor, they're adding new content, they're adding new weapons and end game stuff. They've added like 6 new jobs pretty recently. They're actually listening to the player base as opposed to taking the "screw you" approach most hellMOO proper admins take. Oh also, development, more development that hellMOO will undergo in like 5 years, because hellmoo admins are bored with it. Did I mention new content, and while some of the admins need to work on social skills, vendetta is a really cool guy about implementing ideas/reading GRs. Chud here has been buffed so it isn't total poop. They're looking at buffing empath, but first they're doing a major rebalance. they're going to work on focus not being such a trump card. The game is totally worth the time, Its more newbie friendly, and I've had more fun on it in a few months then I ever had in hellmoo.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any notable admins here?

Off the top of my head, Broseidon and Alastor are the two that come to mind that have been at least semi-active lately. I'm probably forgetting someone obvious, and it really comes down to your definition of 'notable'.

The admins are going to also add a rerolling system where you start from 0 xp if you want.

You can already sort of do that if you really want, using the abyss. You'd have to completely remake your account, though.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The old chargen system was actually really cool.
I was sad when they changed it- it was one of my favourite parts of the game. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay well, gymming isn't tedious all to hell. The rerolling system actually kinda works, you keep all non effective xp on reroll. The admins are going to also add a rerolling system where you start from 0 xp if you want. Chargen isn't that really dumb thing where you walk around and collect random stuff. They're working on re-balancing armor, they're adding new content, they're adding new weapons and end game stuff. They've added like 6 new jobs pretty recently. They're actually listening to the player base as opposed to taking the "screw you" approach most hellMOO proper admins take. Oh also, development, more development that hellMOO will undergo in like 5 years, because hellmoo admins are bored with it. Did I mention new content, and while some of the admins need to work on social skills, vendetta is a really cool guy about implementing ideas/reading GRs. Chud here has been buffed so it isn't total poop. They're looking at buffing empath, but first they're doing a major rebalance. they're going to work on focus not being such a trump card. The game is totally worth the time, Its more newbie friendly, and I've had more fun on it in a few months then I ever had in hellmoo.
I might check it out if you can provide evidence of development and progress. I am kind of bored with my gimmick fuck build on HellMOO.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is rapist a viable career path for an adventurer ?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is rapist a viable career path for an adventurer ?
Wrestler?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

SOo I was going to start and see how I like this. If I like it, I might form a band of raider-type guys. Who is with me if I decide to do that?

thepotatospirit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

mathias_muckson says, "I'm the second best in the world at wrestle."
I've tested multiple things as far as progress goes, they're adding a new map area called artillery town. also jobs
scratch gulfer                400  0/10     10/10   --
mall cop                      150  0/5      15/15   --
gryllin'                      250  6/7      1/10    Now
clone exterminator            100  0/6      10/10   --
pterrorizer           450    the crater rim
glandiator            350    Tortuga Island
marathoner            400    the Artillerytown
ghost miner           400    the Artillerytown
also theres luchadore masks, and a shop to buy bikes in where you can get warthogs and shit. ride requirements for those were reduced.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SOo I was going to start and see how I like this. If I like it, I might form a band of raider-type guys. Who is with me if I decide to do that?

I'd be up for that, never MOO'd before!

thepotatospirit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd be up for that, never MOO'd before!
PVP takes experiance, and also if you grieff you will be grieffed its best to lay low when you first start your moo-ing, if you grieff people with the N tag then you are the scum of the earth. But having a pvp corp can be really fun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7